Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/29/2005 4:48:56 AM EDT
Link from Cramer and Drum's Self-Defense Blog... www.tuscaloosanews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20050925/APN/509251013

... Bill Borklund, who owned and ran the Alford Avenue BP for 5 years before leasing the business to someone else several months ago, once chased a man 134 miles to Troy for stealing $20 worth of gasoline. In 2003, he followed a robber out of his store, grabbed a pellet rifle from him and started hitting him with it. He also pulled a pistol and fired five shots at the robber's fleeing car in an attempt to disable it.

His 24-year-old son, Joshua Borklund, now is following in his father's footsteps. Just two weeks ago, the younger Borklund, who works for the new owner, got into a shootout with a robber in the parking lot. Like father, like son. These Borklund men don't like to let criminals get away. "They put your life in jeopardy. I think you ought to put their life in jeopardy," said Bill Borklund, 48, of Hoover. ...

Now that's where to buy your gas!
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 8:02:58 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

I wonder if they accept ammo as a form of payment...
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 9:35:24 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I think they'd just give it right back to you.....
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 10:01:55 AM EDT
[#3]
What a fucking dillweed:  (from the article)

"Hoover's assistant police chief, A.C. Roper, recommends people comply with robbers' demands if they relate to stealing money or property. "Your life is more valuable than the money," he said."

What does he want??  Wait until the robber BEGINS shooting you or beating you to death to fight back?

Fucking "Chief"  level cops....are they ALL assholes?
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 10:04:15 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
What a fucking dillweed:  (from the article)

"Hoover's assistant police chief, A.C. Roper, recommends people comply with robbers' demands if they relate to stealing money or property. "Your life is more valuable than the money," he said."

What does he want??  Wait until the robber BEGINS shooting you or beating you to death to fight back?

Fucking "Chief"  level cops....are they ALL assholes?

Yes, be a sheep. You will comply!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 10:05:59 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

He wants job security so he wants the citizenry to take it up the rear. I wouldn't cooperate with a criminal because they are going to hurt/kill you because you are a witness. You might as well fight back and take 'em down with you!
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 10:10:58 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

He wants job security so he wants the citizenry to take it up the rear. I wouldn't cooperate with a criminal because they are going to hurt/kill you because you are a witness. You might as well fight back and take 'em down with you!

Exactly, and once you are stripped of your money or property, YOU ARE NOW WORTH NOTHING TO THE ROBBER
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 10:12:43 AM EDT
[#7]
Heard that on the radio.  I have been in there a couple of times. Neat people.
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 10:45:23 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I think they'd just give it right back to you.....

"That'll be $11.50 sir."

"Okay, will you take 50 rounds of Winchester white box?"

"Sure thing.."
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 11:56:10 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted: "That'll be $11.50 sir." "Okay, will you take 50 rounds of Winchester white box?" "Sure thing.."
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 12:05:13 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted: "That'll be $11.50 sir." "Okay, will you take 50 rounds of Winchester white box?" "Sure thing.."

Warning: night clerk has $50 worth of Gold Dots.

Boxes of ammunition over $50 are not accepted.

Time lock trauma kit; clerk has no access.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top