Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/4/2004 11:02:31 PM EDT
My boresnake is getting pretty dirty and it supposed to be washable, How do you wash it?
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 11:03:34 PM EDT
[#1]
throw it in with your regular dark clothes when you wash them
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 11:20:34 PM EDT
[#2]
I do not wash it in my washer, let alone with my clothing.

There is too much crap on it.

I put mine in a steel pan and let is soak in Simple Green overnight, then I wash it with more simple green and hot water.
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 11:30:06 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
My boresnake is getting pretty dirty and it supposed to be washable, How do you wash it?

Put it inside an old tube sock and tie it shut then throw it in the washer. Then toss it in the washer w/your clothes. Keeps the brass brush part from snagging up your other clothes.
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 5:39:35 AM EDT
[#4]
I just use an empty pickle jar filled with hot water and detergent and flush the wastewater after I am done.
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 6:16:00 AM EDT
[#5]
I heard dish washer works great?
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 6:17:14 AM EDT
[#6]
I washed mine in the wash machine and it was ok.
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 6:19:10 AM EDT
[#7]
I wash mine every morning in the shower ...
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 7:03:17 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

There's always a smart ass...
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 7:11:10 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Link Posted: 10/5/2004 7:14:11 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

You should wash it with your regular clothes because your bore snake as all kinds of chemicals and LEAD on it, and you don't want that stuff on your clothes. Personally, you should hand wash it wearing some rubber glove in a little tub or bucket that is not used to hold anything for human consumption.
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 7:17:27 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You should NOT wash it with your regular clothes because your bore snake as all kinds of chemicals and LEAD on it, and you don't want that stuff on your clothes. Personally, you should hand wash it wearing some rubber glove in a little tub or bucket that is not used to hold anything for human consumption.

+1
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 7:22:55 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Have to agree and furthermore, it is my boresnake and I will wash it as fast (or as much) as I want.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top