Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/18/2005 10:36:01 AM EDT
Ok, so I took three days off this week. Yesterday was spent in DC. Today, I have done nothing but play phone tag with the department I interviewed with yesterday. They are having difficulty locating my references. Grrr!

What do I do for the rest of the day? I'm about as bored as Michael Jackson in a room full of adults. A range day may be up for tomorrow, I dunno.

What are people supposed to do on day off (other than shoot, of course)?
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 10:56:48 AM EDT
[#1]
Read, paint, draw, museums, theater, concert, new restaurant (try Thai food), bake muffins to send to arfcom ladies (just thought I'd try), learn to speak Chinese, take a quilting class, learn a new song, exercise, smell roses, watch a movie, go for a walk, ride a bike, go swimming (some gyms have 1 day passes), play lazer tag...
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 11:27:34 AM EDT
[#2]
Call up a friend to be your 'Deuce Bigalow' for the day and make  him humiliate himself for your entertainment.....
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 11:39:44 AM EDT
[#3]
I'm bored stiff too. Kid is sleeping, Mom is resting and I have surfed every website I can remember off the top of my head. Should have sent the bookmarks in an e-mail so I could have them here.

WAIT! breaking news, I just had to go slice a piece of cheese for Mom, she has the munchies.
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 12:09:22 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I'm bored stiff too. Kid is sleeping, Mom is resting and I have surfed every website I can remember off the top of my head. Should have sent the bookmarks in an e-mail so I could have them here.

WAIT! breaking news, I just had to go slice a piece of cheese for Mom, she has the munchies.

haha I've been on every Website, too. I've been on AIM. I've read some news.  

I shaved my legs for this? I think it's time for me to go harrass someone for some company, but perhaps not of the Deuce Bigalow variety. At least not immediately.
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 12:11:01 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

haha I've been on every Website, too. I've been on AIM. I've read some news.  

I shaved my legs for this? I think it's time for me to go harrass someone for some company, but perhaps not of the Deuce Bigalow variety. At least not immediately.

I forgot my razor when I came up here. I am NOT going to be wearing shorts or going sleevless until I get back home.
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 2:38:58 PM EDT
[#6]
Any combination of the following can help you beat boredom:

Icehouse

Xbox

Cheasy horror movies(zombie flicks too)

The Godfather series

Clean your guns

Detail your vehicle

this game

surf arfcom

arf chat

listen to AM radio all day

watch all the cheasy talk shows

put your ammo on strippers

go shopping for a new gun

This should keep you buisy for awhile
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 6:00:04 PM EDT
[#7]
i have considered calling in sick just to SLEEP

been a long summer here  
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 6:21:41 PM EDT
[#8]
It sounds like your single?

I would treat myself to a restaurant breakfast.  Then hit the range and shoot one of these:
http://tinypic.com/a5euxl

Then I would stop by the store on the way home and pick up some cold ones.  Then its time to get dirty and clean the guns while having a cold one.

Then I would top it all of with a movie some good food and more cold ones.
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 6:27:59 PM EDT
[#9]
What, no option to set sail with the Captain and prank call someone? Pffft! Amature!

GT
Yarrrgggghhhhh!
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 1:23:07 AM EDT
[#10]
Three words:

Bathtub, faucet, nude.

The ladies tell me it's the shiznit.
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 1:32:28 AM EDT
[#11]
Set sail with CM & a sammich or 2.  TGIF.

BTW - good sign - they're trying hard to verify your references.  Best of luck on that new job.
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 1:46:30 AM EDT
[#12]
i lasted 2 and a half weeks with a pistol on that game lol!
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 8:09:27 AM EDT
[#13]
Wanna do my grocery shopping? I've already worked out and cleaned my house...just gotta go shopping then off to pull a 4hour waitressing stint at my brother's restaurant...

And they say stay at home moms eat bon bons all day!

Enjoy your day and go get a facial or a pedicure.....I would if I had time to myself!

Pamper yourself!
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 6:01:44 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Three words:

Bathtub, faucet, nude.

haha But not a great substitute.

I ended up hanging out and hitting up the range all day on Friday with my gun supplier. Got to shoot my beloved Garand. And, got to play more phone tag with the peeps in DC.

I'm burned, but recognizable.

Tired, but a good tired. Vacation success now complete. Now, where is that rum?

Link Posted: 8/19/2005 6:27:33 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Three words:

Range, waffle iron, nude.

Link Posted: 8/19/2005 7:17:16 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Three words:

motor oil, water bed, nude.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top