Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 7/21/2008 10:16:39 PM EST
Went into the local Borders today to pick up a copy of 1984. Whilst browsing the political section, I couldn't happen but notice the only books that were faced outwards were all leftist shit. Hillary, Obama, Huffingtion, etc.

All of the conservative stuff, Coulter, Savage, etc were placed like all the other books where you had to look closely to see what it was.

Anyone notice that at their local stores? Any former Borders employees know if the layout is determined by the manager/employee working that section or does corporate tell them how to set it up?

Link Posted: 7/21/2008 10:18:30 PM EST
[Last Edit: 7/21/2008 10:21:52 PM EST by raven]
Yeah, that's normal. Laura Ingraham urged her listeners to get in the face of bookstore staff when the employyees took it upon themselves to pull that with her last book, demand they actually take the books out of shipping boxes and shelve them, to put them on the new release tables, etc.

Listeners would call in from their local chain bookstores and report their actions. Sometimes it was just that other customers would pack up the books and move them to say the children's section or put them behind other books to hide them.
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 10:29:18 PM EST
All the books on the tables were Obama, Franken, etc.

I wonder if I worked there and did the opposite what they would say?
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 10:48:49 PM EST

Originally Posted By mayoroscarmayer:
Went into the local Borders today to pick up a copy of 1984. Whilst browsing the political section, I couldn't happen but notice the only books that were faced outwards were all leftist shit. Hillary, Obama, Huffingtion, etc.

All of the conservative stuff, Coulter, Savage, etc were placed like all the other books where you had to look closely to see what it was.

Anyone notice that at their local stores? Any former Borders employees know if the layout is determined by the manager/employee working that section or does corporate tell them how to set it up?

I work at Books a Million so I take it upon myself to do the reverse.
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 2:15:04 AM EST
At our local Books a Million and Barnes and Noble, I make a point of putting the liberal shit back in the regular shelf and putting conservative books on display when I am there.
Top Top