Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/28/2001 7:54:38 AM EDT
ZAMBOANGA, Philippines (Reuters) - Four people were killed and five wounded in the southern Philippines when a hand grenade they were playing with during a drinking session exploded, police said on Tuesday.

The accident happened as the victims were passing around the grenade, pulling out and putting back its pin, while they were drinking in a house in Zamboanga city late on Monday, police said.

"They were playing with it like a toy. It was a deadly game," an occupant of the house told the police.
----------------

Looks like we have a few new candidates for the Darwin Awards.
Link Posted: 8/28/2001 8:04:39 AM EDT
[#1]
Shaken, not stirred?[grenade]
Link Posted: 8/28/2001 8:05:01 AM EDT
[#2]
"Once you pull the safety pin, Mr.Grenade is no longer your friend. "

yeah, pass me that bottle of Cuervo, and that M-26. I wanna just LOOK at it..
Link Posted: 8/28/2001 8:09:12 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/28/2001 8:10:39 AM EDT
[#4]
-like playing tiddly-winks with landmines.....
Link Posted: 8/28/2001 8:15:55 AM EDT
[#5]
The gene pool just got a little cleaner.

Send a BIG box of grenades to Ted Kennedy. And a bottle of Mexican rot gut whiskey. Make that two bottles.

[}:D]

Link Posted: 8/28/2001 8:25:30 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
The gene pool just got a little cleaner.

Send a BIG box of grenades to Ted Kennedy. And a bottle of Mexican rot gut whiskey. Make that two bottles.

[}:D]

View Quote

and don't forget the swine, the Feinswine
Link Posted: 8/28/2001 8:29:30 AM EDT
[#7]
[img]www.stopstart.fsnet.co.uk/smilie/boozer.gif[/img]I'd like a hic... [img]www.stopstart.fsnet.co.uk/smilie/boozer.gif[/img] few...hic [img]www.stopstart.fsnet.co.uk/smilie/boozer.gif[/img] grenades.    [img]www.stopstart.fsnet.co.uk/smilie/boozer.gif[/img]    

[img]www.stopstart.fsnet.co.uk/smilie/gren.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 8/28/2001 8:37:30 AM EDT
[#8]
I don't see how they can be called "victims", a victim is an innocent bystander. These guys were more like "inevitable consequences".
Link Posted: 8/28/2001 9:49:29 AM EDT
[#9]
the best one is the darwin award where the guys where banging on the live land mine KABOOM!!!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top