Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 9/27/2005 6:40:37 PM EDT
Calvin and Hobbs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Tho I have read EVERY C&H out there, it still makes me laugh. Truly what a GOOD comic should be in all aspects. The Boondocks was nothing but tripe, poor drawing and even worse writing. McGruder had no talent but at race baiting.
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 7:18:24 PM EDT

Originally Posted By fxntime:
Calvin and Hobbs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Tho I have read EVERY C&H out there, it still makes me laugh. Truly what a GOOD comic should be in all aspects. The Boondocks was nothing but tripe, poor drawing and even worse writing. McGruder had no talent but at race baiting.

I wish our paper would get rid of Doonesbury and Boondocks. Hell, get rid of Peanuts and Blondie while you're at it.

Every time I'ver ever seen a paper poll their readers about what strips to get rid of, regardless of where I live, people always choose those strips to get rid of - and yet the paper refuses to get rid of them. I wonder why?

And now I hear that Cartoon Network is going to have an animated series for Boondocks? WTF?
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 7:45:55 PM EDT
The LA times put in C&H too! But they still have Boondocks
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 8:33:17 PM EDT

Originally Posted By fxntime:

Sounds like a good trade to me, I HATE the boondock (comic) with the exception of the Wal-Mart Pinky and The Brain one they had.
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 8:52:52 PM EDT
Till this comes back, I'm boycotting the funny pages...

Link Posted: 9/27/2005 9:00:07 PM EDT
C&H was a truely amazing comic

The Far Side too, although I still have a bunch of the calenders.

When I was a kid, I used to be a Garfield fanatic, I probably have 15 of those books
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 9:40:43 PM EDT

Originally Posted By swingset:
Till this comes back, I'm boycotting the funny pages...

home.austin.rr.com/jfox11/far_side.jpg

The Far Side was by far the best comic ever!

I wish I had a "smite" button on my keyboard It would make trolling at DU much more enjoyable
Top Top