Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Posted: 10/28/2014 11:54:00 PM EDT
Boom beach clan name ar15.com
Come join in the fun. Only requirements are that you be an arfcomer and actively participate.
Also current members if you have any comments or questions chime in.
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 5:29:20 AM EDT
[#1]
I'm SnotFist in the task force. Started playing Boom Beach to help pass the time while playing C.O.C.. I find myself playing this more and more often. Ridiculously fun game.
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 5:54:09 AM EDT
[#2]
It's full...
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 6:05:47 AM EDT
[#3]
Maybe start a second one ?

I just started playing last week, up to level 19 now.

One other thing.

If anyone is doing super battle tactics I have a club that has been as high as the top 50 in tourneys, and had three players in the top 50.

I need a reliable team though. You have to be able to put up 50k - 100k min points per tourney. We always win a tank of some kind.

Link Posted: 10/29/2014 8:28:22 AM EDT
[#4]
I am Steven on Boom Beach.  I goofed when I made my name on the game.  I had never played COC or any other style of game like this, so I did not know how it worked.  Anyways, this joining into groups has made the game really enjoyable and a lot of fun.
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 9:13:57 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Boom beach clan name ar15.com
Come join in the fun. Only requirements are that you be an arfcomer and actively participate.
Also current members if you have any comments or questions chime in.
View Quote

I'm Boss.  

I definitely would like to see the inactive people gone.  The folks with 0 intel or anything should be replaced by people who actually play.  As it stands they are just collecting the loot while we spend gold and down time waiting for our troops to replenish from attacking.  As far as changing the size of the group, it doesn't matter to me either way.  More people would allow us to take on bigger tasks.  I just wonder what effect that has on our loot size?  

I'm glad they finally got some of the invasions back.  I went over 5 days without getting any.  I lost a bunch of resource bases and got raided several times but had no new people to attack.  Everyone on my map was too high of a level or didn't have enough stuff to be worth attacking.
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 10:30:34 AM EDT
[#6]
Sorry about being full before I thought I would get a notification if anyone tried to join, currently have 17 slots open.

Col_sanders, yea I really hope they fix the match making I haven't had an NPC to attack since I cleared them for intel when I started the "task force". And the PVP bases are all way out of my league.
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 10:35:16 AM EDT
[#7]
Joined I am a level 32 in the game Iceman
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 10:39:10 AM EDT
[#8]
Welcome
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 10:41:10 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 10:50:22 AM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'm SnotFist in the task force. Started playing Boom Beach to help pass the time while playing C.O.C.. I find myself playing this more and more often. Ridiculously fun game.
View Quote

I was goofing around looking at everyone's bases... You may want to do something with the location of your headquarters.  If someone decided to go around the back through the trees, you do not have much defense in the back.  
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 11:11:56 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

I was goofing around looking at everyone's bases... You may want to do something with the location of your headquarters.  If someone decided to go around the back through the trees, you do not have much defense in the back.  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have been burned like that before.  While my base isn't perfect, no one can get behind my headquarters.
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 11:21:11 AM EDT
[#12]
For everyone doing the task force attack operations, try not to retreat and save troops.  All the damage done to the base is helpful for the next guy to come in and attack the base.  Every little bit of damage helps.
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 11:25:18 AM EDT
[#13]
Yeah I have gotten raided that way a few times so I put my HQ in a more central location.  My base is always changing.  I just watch the battles and see how they attacked me.  Then I seal up one weak point and then they find another.  I'm looking forward to hitting level 30 and getting rid of all those trees in the back.
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 1:46:21 PM EDT
[#14]
I sent a request. Wolf68 is my gamer tag.
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 3:09:37 PM EDT
[#15]
Frank Rizzo reporting, sir!
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 4:15:43 PM EDT
[#16]
Go get some intel boys, we need it.
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 6:10:12 PM EDT
[#17]
Ya I should probably fix that before I get it prison style. I very rarely get attacked so im still trying to figure out defense tactics.
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 9:36:27 AM EDT
[#18]
The match up system on this game is messed up.  Getting matched up with someone 6 levels above you is dumb..  

I attacked all the way to the right on "Quota" and was hoping to knock off the boom cannons by the reactor before I died but was not able to.  Damn rocket launchers.  

Link Posted: 11/7/2014 6:06:56 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 11/7/2014 6:11:48 PM EDT
[#20]
Haha very nice
Link Posted: 11/7/2014 7:02:22 PM EDT
[#21]
ToGo here, the leader can increase size to 50 members if there's more interest, maybe we'll have more attacks too for the higher levels.
Link Posted: 11/7/2014 9:45:25 PM EDT
[#22]

Link Posted: 11/7/2014 9:52:59 PM EDT
[#23]
Looks like the only problem on Arsenal is the mine field.  Someone with a good gunboat could flare around the side and take out the little cores and use the gunboat energy to take out the rockets?  Then we could take out the machine guns and mortar on the right side and the 2 sniper towers/cannon in the back and the big core would be open for warriors.

Barrier a few tanks or warriors and shockbombs could take out the mortars and rockets on the left and then other people could sneak around and take out those boom cannons in the back.  That would open up the rear of the core for zooka/heavies or tanks?

Or any other suggestions?
Link Posted: 11/7/2014 10:33:24 PM EDT
[#24]
You forgot about Keel.  That looks to be the easiest.

Link Posted: 11/7/2014 11:00:08 PM EDT
[#25]
I didnt even see keel until you mentioned it  
Link Posted: 11/8/2014 8:46:38 PM EDT
[#26]
We still have 5 players that haven't attacked yet. We need everybody that hasn't attacked to take 5 minutes and launch an attack on Barrier, it's nearly gone. Let's get this done. Don't waste the resources of the guys that went before you.

We have 45 minutes as of 7:45pm EST to finish it off.
Link Posted: 11/9/2014 12:28:46 AM EDT
[#27]
NBT. I just sent a request.
Link Posted: 11/9/2014 11:26:11 AM EDT
[#28]
Just trying to get a list together for the ar15.com task force.

ARFCOM name    -     Boom Beach name

bigbad401      -      steven
clffrdjk          -       clffrdjk
m1jk         -        SnotFist
pavlovwolf       -      wolf68
Col-Sanders       -        Boss
bbohman        -          Iceman
MNnaloxone        -        Frank Rizzo
Raylo          -      ToGo
snapcraklepop      -         NBT
2T2_Crash        -        2T2_Crash
Magurgle       -         Taintless One
GIR-101     -      slitthroat101
EdwardAvila     -     Edward
Link Posted: 11/16/2014 7:53:03 PM EDT
[#29]
I've been watching a lot of the battles and I would like to point some things out.  The primary goal is to clear the area around the main core for attack...No need to kill your troops trying to take out stuff in the middle of nowhere.  If there a bunch of the small cores that are easy to get, taking them out is helpful to gain gunboat energy, so the people with strong gunboats should take advantage of it and use that energy to clear the rockets and stuff around the main core.

The powerful cannons and boom cannons take out tanks in one shot.  Wasting tanks on them is pointless.  The cannons shoot slow and only damage one troop.  Zookas are effective against them, providing that rocket launchers, machine guns, mortars, or those damn shock launchers can not get to your zookas.

Rushing a large cluster of rocket launchers is suicide unless you have shocked them and can get inside the "donut"

Shock launchers suck.  

Link Posted: 11/17/2014 4:15:30 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Just trying to get a list together.

ARFCOM name        -        Boom Beach name

bigbad401             -                steven
clffrdjk                    -               clffrdjk
m1jk                         -             SnotFist
pavlovwolf             -               wolf68
Col-Sanders           -               Boss
bbohman                 -              Iceman
MNnaloxone            -              Frank Rizzo
Raylo                       -              ToGo
snapcraklepop         -             NBT
View Quote

Big_tex78.               -                Tex
Link Posted: 11/19/2014 7:09:27 PM EDT
[#31]
Which clan can I join? I play damn near every day
2t2-crash there
Link Posted: 11/19/2014 8:33:35 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
2t2-crash there
View Quote

We have 25/25 right now.

We will need to open it up to the next level to do it.

The other thing, is we really need an activity check every few days, to be sure everyone is playing.

We had an OP the other day where we still had quite a few attacks left but time ran out. Nobody attacked for nearly half a day. We need to weed out players that aren't going to put an effort in, but teap the rewards of our victories.

Link Posted: 11/19/2014 8:37:42 PM EDT
[#33]
How does the clan this work? What do you do?

I've a level 27 and quickly losing interest in the game. The matchmaking is really bad. I really hate how much the sniper towers fuck up tanks
Link Posted: 11/19/2014 8:44:04 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

I've a level 27 and quickly losing interest in the game. The matchmaking is really bad. I really hate how much the sniper towers fuck up tanks
View Quote

We attack sites together. When they're defeated everyone gets a big bonus, a choice of three different things. how much depends on the difficulty of the OP.

Link Posted: 11/19/2014 9:24:08 PM EDT
[#35]
Request sent. Do we end up close to eachother on the map?
Link Posted: 11/19/2014 9:34:46 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
View Quote

No, but you will get an attack map. When you build up tickets by attacking and defending, they add to the group total. Once we reach a certain number we can attack. It costs different amounts to attack different areas. Easier ones are cheaper, but the rewards are less.

You'll get a message when the leader has chosen to attack. We then each launch attacks on the sites until we destroy it's core reactor. Once that's done, we get rewards that help us build up our own bases.
Link Posted: 11/19/2014 9:38:23 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

No, but you will get an attack map. When you build up tickets by attacking and defending, they add to the group total. Once we reach a certain number we can attack. It costs different amounts to attack different areas. Easier ones are cheaper, but the rewards are less.

You'll get a message when the leader has chosen to attack. We then each launch attacks on the sites until we destroy it's core reactor. Once that's done, we get rewards that help us build up our own bases.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Cool.
Link Posted: 11/19/2014 10:49:22 PM EDT
[#38]
The matchmaking on this game is stupid.  I have a guy 8 levels above me on my map.  

Quoted:

We have 25/25 right now.

The other thing, is we really need an activity check every few days, to be sure everyone is playing.

We had an OP the other day where we still had quite a few attacks left but time ran out. Nobody attacked for nearly half a day. We need to weed out players that aren't going to put an effort in, but teap the rewards of our victories.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
2t2-crash there

We have 25/25 right now.

A spreadsheet with the members names, intel collected every week, and attacks they have made on the ops would show who is or isnt active.  It would require daily updates as far as the attacks go.  Going through the activity log and adding their attack to the spreadsheet.  I'm probably not going to be able to do such a thing for a couple weeks.  I'm going to be out of town, but I'll still be able to play the game.  

Link Posted: 11/19/2014 10:54:48 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View Quote

I think tanks are pointless until you get them up a few levels and have medics.  They are slow and use gunboat energy to launch them so you cant use that energy to weaken the base.  I'm still mainly running heavies/zookas.  When I am able to get medics (headquarters 15) I will start upgrading my tanks.
Link Posted: 11/19/2014 11:26:15 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View Quote

We have another opening.  Let us know who you are when asking to join.
Link Posted: 11/20/2014 1:15:52 AM EDT
[#41]
Taintless One in game

request sent
Link Posted: 11/20/2014 1:18:03 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
I think tanks are pointless until you get them up a few levels and have medics.  They are slow and use gunboat energy to launch them so you cant use that energy to weaken the base.  I'm still mainly running heavies/zookas.  When I am able to get medics (headquarters 15) I will start upgrading my tanks.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Yeah, I mainly use them because I only really attack the computer controlled bases and they can survive a few attacks normally. I don't like the matchmaking at all

Link Posted: 12/5/2014 4:59:23 PM EDT
[#43]
Who is ninjaberry?  Havent seen any activity from him in a while.  He hasnt attacked anything and rarely ever has any intel collected.
Link Posted: 12/5/2014 5:10:13 PM EDT
[#44]
Dunno. My brother GIR-101 is working to be high enough to join
Link Posted: 12/6/2014 7:58:46 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
View Quote

What level is he?

Is he pretty active?  Intel is always helpful.  I dont like waiting to do ops.
Link Posted: 12/6/2014 9:03:07 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

What level is he?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What level is he?

It's GIR-101 here. I'll shoot him an IM with a link here
Link Posted: 12/6/2014 9:07:10 PM EDT
[#47]
I have been summoned to this thread...
Link Posted: 12/6/2014 9:46:55 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
I have been summoned to this thread...
View Quote

What level are you and how much do you play?  We have to collect intel to do operations and the more attacks we get, the better.  We may have an opening coming up.
Link Posted: 12/6/2014 10:55:13 PM EDT
[#49]
lvl 21 and I'm generally online several times a day
Link Posted: 12/6/2014 11:50:43 PM EDT
[#50]
Request to join.  There is an opening...
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top