Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/1/2006 7:28:53 PM EDT
I just finished a military thriller by William Christie, a former Marine officer, called "Threat Level."  It's about an attempt on the life of a high government official by Al Quaeda and the military special forces team and FBI agents who are trying to stop it.  
I was very impressed by the realism and the attention to detail in the book.  You could tell the author has a military background, and he knows his shit wrt firearms.  No stupid bungles like putting safeties on a Glock or such things.  Very good read.
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 1:48:57 AM EDT
[#1]
I'll keep an eye out for it.  Try "The Pepperdogs" by Bing West
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 1:57:04 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 2:07:20 AM EDT
[#3]
www.amazon.com/gp/product/0891418725/qid=1136199828/sr=8-1/ref=pd_bbs_1/002-9913261-0350422?n=507846&s=books&v=glance

First In:  An Insider's Account of How the CIA Spearheaded the War on Terror in Afghanistan

One of the best books I have ever read.  Caused my opinion of the CIA to increase, but my opinion of the DOD to decrease, unfortunately.  Excellent, easy to read, very informative.
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 2:52:32 AM EDT
[#4]
i'll be the first to reccomend lights out halffast...  what happens to the U.S. when EMP strikes?

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=123&t=415184

i'm a little over 1/3 of the way through it.  it's an excellent read.  i think what i like most about it is that the characters and situations are very believable.  that and it takes place in san antonio
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 2:58:51 AM EDT
[#5]
I am about 1/3 of the way through it:

If you are interested in the nuts and bolts of the Roman army, from the Republic through the Principate and Imperial  times, this is a damned good book. It mentions the various famous battles that every other book covers, but the focus is on the details of the changing gear, tactics, and day-to-day life of a Legionnaire, and the other nitty-gritty that most books gloss over, if they mention them at all.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top