Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 6/14/2007 8:32:48 PM EDT
Boo Hoo, and all you can do is piss & moan about it on the Internet.

So, is that all you're good for... whining about how unfair the world is to little old you?

Or are you going to get mad, and do something about it?  Or is there something good on T.V. tonight?
Link Posted: 6/14/2007 8:35:22 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

So, is that all you're good for... whining about how unfair the world is to little old you?

Or are you going to get mad, and do something about it?

Uhhh, dude, you're in New York. Start there.
Link Posted: 6/14/2007 8:35:35 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

This'll be about it from most:

Link Posted: 6/14/2007 8:36:13 PM EDT
[#3]
I think I'm going to cancel my NRA membership.
Link Posted: 6/14/2007 8:36:16 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Whatever gives you the impression that I'm not?
Link Posted: 6/14/2007 8:36:21 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Or are you going to get mad, and do something about it or is there something good on T.V. tonight?

I think your forgetting how little effort it take to complain on the internet.
Link Posted: 6/14/2007 8:37:34 PM EDT
[#6]
Yup... get mad at me cause I'm the problem.

That's real productive.
Link Posted: 6/14/2007 8:38:09 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Yup... get mad at me. That's real productive.

Your state is still worse off than mine. I must be doing something right.
Link Posted: 6/14/2007 8:38:18 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

A "fuck you NRA" petition would do about as good.

Seriously, they don't care - they've got all the old, fat democrat hunters, WGAS if a few patriots disappear...it makes them look more politically groomed. The best thing you can do is stay with the NRA and make a huge public piss about this, making sure to mention you're an NRA member, and outraged.

Link Posted: 6/14/2007 8:38:40 PM EDT
[#9]
What do you suppose the chances are in the Senate?
Link Posted: 6/14/2007 8:39:41 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Be sure to check back with me about how Arizona is doing after 100 million+ illegal aliens get the vote.
Link Posted: 6/14/2007 8:41:44 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Yup... get mad at me cause I'm the problem.

That's real productive.

At least we didn't post a thread pissing and moaning on the internet about people pissing and moaning on the internet.
Link Posted: 6/14/2007 8:43:43 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Be sure to check back with me about how Arizona is doing after 100 million+ illegal aliens get the vote.

About as good as the rest of the country.
Link Posted: 6/14/2007 8:44:00 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
What do you suppose the chances are in the Senate?

I think that depends in large degree on how much Hell we raise.

Up to the challenge? Cause I'm sure as shit gonna give them a fucking earful every damn day till Amnesty goes down in flames!    
Link Posted: 6/14/2007 8:46:03 PM EDT
[#14]
Bring us Bloomberg's head on a platter and WE will be pleased. And while you're at it, bring US the head of that Hillary creature too.

WE have spoken.
Link Posted: 6/14/2007 8:46:09 PM EDT
[#15]
I write letters, send e-mails and make calls all the time.............what else is there to do?

Quoted:

Or are you going to get mad, and do something about it or is there something good on T.V. tonight?
Link Posted: 6/14/2007 8:49:48 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yup.. you're right, which proves my point.

It's time WE ALL set aside the trivial, meaningless crap in our lives & focus on saving what is left of our Republic.

It's shit or get off the pot time, and people need to hear that, even if it hurts their delicate little feelings.
Link Posted: 6/14/2007 8:51:13 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

That'll sure teach those democrats a lesson.

Instead, why don't you get INVOLVED in the NRA?? It's run by its members, you know.
Link Posted: 6/14/2007 8:53:11 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yup.. you're right, which proves my point.

It's time WE ALL set aside the trivial, meaningless crap in our lives & focused on saving what is left of our Republic.

It's shit or get off the pot time, and people need to hear that, even if it hurts their delicate little feelings.

Its not a success if you start telling people to write their representatives when they already have.

The mere fact people are on this board talking about the issues signals to me they are more likely to than not to of already contacted their representatives.
Link Posted: 6/14/2007 8:56:23 PM EDT
[#19]
height=8
Quoted:
height=8
Quoted:
height=8
Quoted:

Or are you going to get mad, and do something about it? hhh,

Whatever gives you the impression that I'm not? hinking.gif

You're here pissing and moaning on the internet.
Link Posted: 6/14/2007 8:57:49 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Whatever gives you the impression that I'm not?

Again your forget how little effort it takes to talk online.

Link Posted: 6/14/2007 8:59:57 PM EDT
[#21]
height=8
Quoted:
height=8
Quoted:
height=8
Quoted:
height=8
Quoted:
height=8
Quoted:

Or are you going to get mad, and do something about it? hhh,

Whatever gives you the impression that I'm not? hinking.gif

Again your forget how little effort it takes to talk online.

hat
Link Posted: 6/14/2007 9:05:22 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Link Posted: 6/14/2007 9:06:29 PM EDT
[#23]
Will never have anything to do ever again with the NRA!

Mike
Link Posted: 6/14/2007 9:06:58 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Mike

why is that ?
Link Posted: 6/14/2007 9:07:29 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
I write letters, send e-mails and make calls all the time.............what else is there to do?

Quoted:

Cyclone, you're already doing more than 95% of all Americans, and for that I thank you!

Link Posted: 6/14/2007 9:08:00 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Be sure to check back with me about how Arizona is doing after 100 million+ illegal aliensCalifornian transplants get the vote.
Link Posted: 6/14/2007 9:30:31 PM EDT
[#27]
WOLVERINES!
Link Posted: 6/14/2007 9:34:20 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:
It's far easier to complain in a echo chamber & call it mission accomplished.  

Just like you're doing right now.

Wrong... I'm not declaring anything "accomplished". I have a lot of work ahead of me.

I'm pointing out that people (like yourself) will take the time criticize me, but getting them to act in their own self interest  is like pulling fucking teeth.

But thank you for running up the post count on this thread... it helps make my point.      
Link Posted: 6/14/2007 9:34:47 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

That'll sure teach those democrats a lesson.

Instead, why don't you get INVOLVED in the NRA?? It's run by its members, you know.

First of all, I do what I can to support the NRA and the second amendment by sending them money (probably more then many people here), mailing all the postcards they send to my Senators and Representatives, as well as writing my own letters and e-mails to  elected officials.  I'm also a GOA member, and do all of those same things for them.  Second, I probably won't cancel my membership, but the thought definitely crossed my mind, and they will be getting a phone call soon.  I'm just pissed at the fact that we have to point out the obvious to the NRA, that gun control is bad, and not to cut deals with the anti-gunners, when they're supposed to be using our money and opinions to defend the second amendment.  Do they really believe their membership wants MORE gun control?  Apparently the people running that ship are pretty fucking lame.

Edited for clarity.
Link Posted: 6/14/2007 9:44:03 PM EDT
[#30]
I have to admit that all of the bitching and moaning has gotten me to write letters to senators, reps and the pres,  So I'd say it's pretty effective.
Link Posted: 6/14/2007 9:49:18 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Be sure to check back with me about how Arizona is doing after 100 million+ illegal aliensCalifornian transplants get the vote.

Arizona has one of the stronger Right to bear arms inclusions in our state Constitution. I am not all that worried.

Article II, Section 26 of the Arizona State Constitution...

The right of the individual citizen to bear arms in defense of himself or the state shall not be impaired, but nothing in this section shall be construed as authorizing individuals or corporations to organize, maintain, or employ an armed body of men.

I fail to see how that clause is any stronger than the following...

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

... and we all know how well the 2nd. Amendment has been respected since 1934.

I think you are laboring under a false sense of security geeze, and I would hate to think that it translates into apathy, though that is the impression I'm getting from you.

I hope I'm wrong.  
Link Posted: 6/14/2007 9:52:55 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
Quoted:

Mike

why is that ?[/quot

Because the NRA has crawled into bed with the gun grabbing Dimocraps, Rep McCarthy, that's why! What will the NRA join up with them to do next, ban my AR?

Mike
Link Posted: 6/14/2007 9:57:33 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
I have to admit that all of the bitching and moaning has gotten me to write letters to senators, reps and the pres,  So I'd say it's pretty effective.

First off, thank you for your effort!

Trust me... getting into the habit of contacting our "leaders" becomes much easier the more you do it.

Secondly, please tell us why the constant haranguing motivated you to finally get involved. Guilt? A sense of duty or obligation? Anger?

Seriously, I would like to know.

Thanks.  
Link Posted: 6/14/2007 10:03:11 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Quoted:

First off, thank you for your effort!

Trust me... getting into the habit of contacting our "leaders" becomes much easier the more you do it.

Secondly, please tell us why the constant haranguing motivated you to finally get involved. Guilt? A sense of duty or obligation? Anger?

Seriously, I would like to know.

Thanks.  

I dunno about him.

But personally, I started because I find the bargain brand paper purchased with my tax dollars, on which my elected officials' form-letter replies are printed, to be far superior when cleaning my posterior. Since I have a surplus of itchy-scratchy premium printing paper that tends to leave one raw, I write a letter and trade.

I also figure it doesn't hurt to let them know what I think of their traitorous asses.
Link Posted: 6/14/2007 10:10:11 PM EDT
[#35]
NYPatriot, I applaud your effort to motivate those who might not otherwise be motivated.

And for what it's worth, I have called, written and emailed my reps and senators concerning amnesty and (formerly) S297. And I will do so again.

Thanks for helping our cause!!!

--VT
Link Posted: 6/14/2007 10:12:44 PM EDT
[#36]
Im on my way to bed so i dont want to jump too far in but I do want to say something.

Those of us here in NY cherish and value our 2A rights to a degree I dont think someone who's never lived here would understand. When these right are constantly held hostage by our state & local politicians you always have to be prepared to write/call/email, etc. The battle never subsides, were always fighting it.

I think NYPatriot is just trying to convey his message in a tone that would aggitate you into paying attention. He might have sharp elbows but trust me, Its coming from the right place.
Link Posted: 6/14/2007 10:16:03 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Mike

why is that ?[/quot

Because the NRA has crawled into bed with the gun grabbing Dimocraps, Rep McCarthy, that's why! What will the NRA join up with them to do next, ban my AR?

Mike

Let me explain something to you...

The Democrats control both houses of Congress. In light of what happened at VA Tech., it was very likely that some new "gun control" would be passed in its wake.

I don't like it, you don't like it, but please refer again to my first point... The Democrats control both houses of Congress!

Elections have consequences, and this is one of them.

Now... if something was going to be passed, I'm glad it is only the funding/strengthening of the NICS, and I'm overjoyed that the NRA (yes, they are "on our side") played a large roll in crafting/wording the legislation!

Would I rather that no new legislation be passed? Yes.

Would I rather see the Republicans, as lame as they are, still in control of the House & Senate? Of course.

Do I think the NRA made the best of a bad situation? Yes I do.

If more gun owners had appreciated the threat & had spoken out in the last two months, would we not be facing this legislation? I give it a very strong maybe, but now we'll never know for sure.

... which brings me back to the theme of this thread!  
Link Posted: 6/14/2007 10:17:41 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 6/14/2007 10:25:39 PM EDT
[#39]
I just told the NRA to pound sand.
Link Posted: 6/14/2007 10:30:49 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Arizona has one of the stronger Right to bear arms inclusions in our state Constitution. I am not all that worried.

The right of the individual citizen to bear arms in defense of himself or the state shall not be impaired, but nothing in this section shall be construed as authorizing individuals or corporations to organize, maintain, or employ an armed body of men.

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

I think you are laboring under a false sense of security geeze, and I would hate to think that it translates into apathy, though that is the impression I'm getting from you.

I hope I'm wrong.  

New York:  No provision.

ETA: Having something to fall back on, such as the BOR and the state constitutions makes me ever more vigilant in my dealings with state, county and city officials.
Link Posted: 6/14/2007 10:33:12 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:
I just told the NRA to pound sand.

That's sooo cool man.

But have you also told your elected reps. (& the leadership of the House & Senate) to "pound sand" when it come granting Amnesty or passing new gun laws?  

After all, THEY are the ones who actually write & enact legislation.

I fear we are seeing a case of "Zumbo Redux"... a grand gesture "full of sound and fury, signifying nothing."  
Link Posted: 6/14/2007 10:35:39 PM EDT
[#42]
I've been writting e-mails, calling reps, calling senators and sending out those little GOA postcards for months now.

No one in Washington gives a fuck though. They'll decide what is best for me.
Link Posted: 6/14/2007 10:38:35 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I hope I'm wrong.  

New York:  No provision.

For Christ's sake...this isn't about who's dick is bigger geeze, it's about realizing that if the Republic falls, we all go with it!

As a wise man once said, "We must all hang together, or assuredly we shall all hang separately."

Break out of your comfort zone & smell what the Hell is going on!

Link Posted: 6/14/2007 10:39:01 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:
I've been writting e-mails, calling reps, calling senators and sending out those little GOA postcards for months now.

No one in Washington gives a fuck though. They'll decide what is best for me.

Yeah I know the feeling. I wrote to Sen Salazar a few weeks ago regarding the whole amnesty thing.  I got a decent letter back, stating how the senator would "surely keep my thoughts in mind" and, .  Then the bastage votes for the amnesty .  Un-frikkin-real!!
Link Posted: 6/14/2007 10:39:46 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Mike

why is that ?[/quot

Mike

Let me explain something to you...

The Democrats control both houses of Congress. In light of what happened at VA Tech., it was very likely that some new "gun control" would be passed in its wake.

I don't like it, you don't like it, but please refer again to my first point... The Democrats control both houses of Congress!

Elections have consequences, and this is one of them.

Now... if something was going to be passed, I'm glad it is only the funding/strengthening of the NICS, and I'm overjoyed that the NRA (yes, they are "on our side") played a large roll in crafting/wording the legislation!

Would I rather that no new legislation be passed? Yes.

Would I rather see the Republicans, as lame as they are, still in control of the House & Senate? Of course.

Do I think the NRA made the best of a bad situation? Yes I do.

If more gun owners had appreciated the threat & had spoken out in the last two months, would we not be facing this legislation? I give it a very strong maybe, but now we'll never know for sure.

... which brings me back to the theme of this thread!  

Well said , When they control both houses they have to deal with them.
( not aimed at you NYPatriot ) can you imagine where we would be now if the NRA
did not exist? Do you  think you would be able to own AR's and have the ability
to carry concealed handguns. I have been a life member since the 70's.

They are the ONLY lobby of 2 amendment issues that still have influence in Washington.

Yes they have made some mistakes but  think where you would be with out them.

Every member here should join
Link Posted: 6/14/2007 10:42:00 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:
For Christ's sake...this isn't about who's dick is bigger geeze, it's about realizing that if the Republic falls, we all go with it!

As a wise man once said, "We must all hang together, or assuredly we shall all hang separately."

I'm doing my part. Where is Republic failing? I can't touch New York or California. So, good luck with that. If the republic fails it won't be due to a lack of involvement on my part.
Link Posted: 6/14/2007 10:55:05 PM EDT
[#47]
Um....... I just joined the NRA 2 months ago. I guess I should apologize to some of you?

Also I'm 23 and have voted in every election I could.

Thats more then most people my age can say
Link Posted: 6/14/2007 10:59:02 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm doing my part. Where is Republic failing? I can't touch New York or California. So, good luck with that. If the republic fails it won't be due to a lack of involvement on my part.

Are you serious???

The proposed amnesty not only allows, but encourages chain migration, which will ultimately result in 100-200 million illiterate, unskilled, non-English speaking peasants with an antipathy for American history & culture becoming citizens. We are talking about people who were raised in an environment where representative government is a sham, and where rampant political & judicial corruption is the status quo.

Are these people really going to start voting for small government, fiscal conservatives once they get the vote?

Hell... will the vast majority even learn English or consider themselves Americans???

The obvious answer is NO... they will see themselves as proud Mexicans who are rightfully reclaiming their birthright (i.e. the American Southwest). And they are going to milk our economy dry by voting themselves all kinds of new social services!

Goodbye sovereignty & hello NAU!

Goodbye representative government & hello Mobocracy!

Goodbye united states & hello balkanization!

Goodbye English & hola Espanol!

Goodbye Capitalism & hello Socialism!

Please tell me you understand this.      

Link Posted: 6/14/2007 11:01:26 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

I'm done, we're just not able to communicate. At least with text.
Link Posted: 6/14/2007 11:14:45 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:
Im on my way to bed so i dont want to jump too far in but I do want to say something.

Those of us here in NY cherish and value our 2A rights to a degree I dont think someone who's never lived here would understand. When these right are constantly held hostage by our state & local politicians you always have to be prepared to write/call/email, etc. The battle never subsides, were always fighting it.

I think NYPatriot is just trying to convey his message in a tone that would agitate you into paying attention. He might have sharp elbows but trust me, Its coming from the right place.

As Josey Wales said... "And remember, when things look bad, and it looks like you're not gonna make it, then you gotta get mean, I mean plumb mad dog mean, 'cause if you lose your head and give up, then you neither live nor win. That's just the way it is."

Thanks for "getting it" my friend!
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top