Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/29/2001 10:43:46 PM EDT
Okay, I know this is bonehead basic but buying clothes over the Internet is not my cup o' tea. See previous thread about leather jackets, this one in particular and another like it.

[img]http://www.wilsonleather.com/images//product/products/main_big/19559-01_b.jpg[/img]

Well, here's my dilemma. When I measure my chest, I'm 39 inches from under my arms. The size chart for this jacket says:

Leather Jacket Suit Size
S 36-38
M 40-42
L 42-44
XL 46-48

I'm not too sure how these kinds of jackets are supposed to fit....I ordered a size Large and it looks like it may be too big, especially the length of the sleeve is what I'm worried about.

So, the question to make a long story short is: What size should I get? Medium or Large? Is large going to be too big or is Medium going to be too fitted?

Sigh....
Link Posted: 10/29/2001 11:32:46 PM EDT
[#1]
I generally go with the XL.  My sleeves are 32" in a dress shirt, my chest (when I was measured for my Brother's wedding about 4 years and 14 lbs ago was a 46").  I fit fine in a 44 dress Jacket/Suit however.  

So, I could go with the Large in that jacket, but I generally prefer my outerwear to be looser--you may wear a heavy sweater or sweatshirt that will make a Medium too tight, and it's a bitch to use a holster in a tight coat (not that I would know anymore, as I now live in a no CCW state).  And, considering that Leather jackets generally last many years, as the middle age middle sets in, you may want a jacket that allows for some horizontal expansion.
Link Posted: 10/29/2001 11:32:58 PM EDT
[#2]
A medium sounds like it should fit. You dont want to look like you are swimming in it with the shoulder seams at the middle of your bicept. But you want to be able to put your arms down by your side without ripping it.

Best thing to do is take a trip to the mall and see what it looks and fits like in person. Save yourself the trouble fo having to return something you dont like or doesnt fit.
Link Posted: 10/30/2001 4:18:01 AM EDT
[#3]
these jackets should be worn a little loose. unless you are super short or tall, the large should be fine. you'll have enough room to wear a heavier sweater or something.
Link Posted: 10/30/2001 4:34:34 AM EDT
[#4]
Height?
Weight?
Shirt size? (as in, 16-34, 15-32, etc.)
Link Posted: 10/30/2001 6:55:46 AM EDT
[#5]
My wife got me one of those for Christmas last year.

There's nothing like wearing leather.  Not terribly warm but, it looks, smells and sounds good.
Link Posted: 10/30/2001 7:37:42 AM EDT
[#6]
I would NEVER buy clothing over the internet.PERIOD.
Link Posted: 10/30/2001 7:49:31 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I would NEVER buy clothing over the internet.PERIOD.
View Quote

Normally, I wouldn't either but there isn't a single jacket in North Texas for me to check out in person, the nearest one is down in Houston.  I guess a large will do fine but I'm going to give all of you hell if its too big for me, i'mma say I told you so!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top