Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 10/2/2011 8:37:46 AM EST
Link Posted: 10/2/2011 8:40:14 AM EST
HA...They'll remove an entire agency just to cover the guy at the top.
Link Posted: 10/2/2011 8:41:21 AM EST
Hopefully my two tax stamps get approved before this happens
Link Posted: 10/2/2011 8:41:30 AM EST
It is a dupe.

However, as the Catholics say, "Let us pray...."
Link Posted: 10/2/2011 8:43:25 AM EST
"Dear Lord, please let this be true, and be with the pygmies in Africa. Amen."
Link Posted: 10/2/2011 8:45:14 AM EST
Originally Posted By AR-Josh:

I wouldn't hold it against him if he actually did it. He will lose a several thousand loyal democrat voters in BATFE though.

Link Posted: 10/2/2011 8:45:48 AM EST
ATF harasses the citizenry for decades, infringing on fundamental rights and generally engaging in corruption and asshattery. Meh.

ATF embarrasses The One during an election-cycle. Death penalty.

You've gotta love politics.
Link Posted: 10/2/2011 8:46:33 AM EST
Link Posted: 10/2/2011 8:46:51 AM EST
Why do I feel like this won't play out well for gun owners?
Link Posted: 10/2/2011 8:47:10 AM EST
Do it.
Link Posted: 10/2/2011 8:49:51 AM EST
Dupe.
Link Posted: 10/2/2011 8:51:53 AM EST
So if this happens does this mean I can finally put a happy switch on my rifle?
Link Posted: 10/2/2011 8:52:03 AM EST
Originally Posted By fettesbrotde:

Same.

I hate the ATF With a visceral loathing hate that seethes with vitriolic passion unsurpassed by the white-hot intensity of a million burning suns during supernova, however I see that anything the DOJ does is NOT going to be in the best interest of the American people and their firearm ownership rights.
Link Posted: 10/2/2011 8:53:25 AM EST
This will interesting for sure.
Link Posted: 10/2/2011 8:54:14 AM EST
A good start. BATFE, Dept. of Education, Dept. of Energy, and the IRS, as we know it. Lose 'em.
Link Posted: 10/2/2011 8:54:30 AM EST
I hope it does not fuck the NFA stuff up
Link Posted: 10/2/2011 8:54:38 AM EST
Link Posted: 10/2/2011 8:54:43 AM EST
Originally Posted By 583:
Do it.

Yeah.

Make my day!

Link Posted: 10/2/2011 8:56:07 AM EST
Link Posted: 10/2/2011 8:56:14 AM EST
Originally Posted By beachcommando:
A good start. BATFE, Dept. of Education, Dept. of Energy, and the IRS, as we know it. Lose 'em.

Don't forget DEA, DHS, TSA, and possibly the NTSB.

Link Posted: 10/2/2011 9:02:37 AM EST
"Everyone is away from their desk right now.”

Originally Posted By happycynic:
ATF harasses the citizenry for decades, infringing on fundamental rights and generally engaging in corruption and asshattery. Meh.

ATF embarrasses The One during an election-cycle. Death penalty.

You've gotta love politics.

Irony is a motherfucker.

And i lover it!!!

Always Think Forfeiture huh?

Link Posted: 10/2/2011 9:06:43 AM EST

Its called the Stockholm syndrome.

Its very common feeling with hostages, especially under duress and emotional bondage to express defense of their captors.

Post ATF will be good no matter how you slice it.
Link Posted: 10/2/2011 9:08:33 AM EST
Originally Posted By CavVet:

Its very common feeling with hostages, especially under duress and emotional bondage to express defense of their captors.

I am hoping so, but the Gov't is always really good at fucking with things.

Link Posted: 10/2/2011 9:08:59 AM EST

Especially if it moves to a busier agency like FBI. They will have plenty of better things to do than go anal on 4473s. Hell, 4473 duty would probably become punishment for the fuckups.
Link Posted: 10/2/2011 9:10:10 AM EST
Hopefully this means the entire department will be going to prison. We can hope right
Link Posted: 10/2/2011 9:12:30 AM EST
Link Posted: 10/2/2011 9:13:30 AM EST
If they do, it's just gonna be a little Three Card Monty and the whole agency will be distributed into other agencies and then they'll create a NEW agency to oversee the other agencies, and then another one to oversee that one and so on. This is STILL the Obama administration.
Link Posted: 10/2/2011 9:13:36 AM EST

Because the idea is for the duties to be distributed under DHS, in other words, Janet the 2nd. However, this is a double edged sword for the administration and we've prepared for this eventuality and the administration better tread very carefully. They are in a very tight box and if they fuck up on how they handle the disposition of the BATFE, we're going to slam the lid down on their nuts.

It's in the best interests of our Government to play very nice with gun owners for a very long time. Which means they probably won't do it and shit's gonna get ugly in the courts in the very near future for them. But hey, if they want Heller II, III, and VI to jam it in their asses in the next 24 months, who am I to say no?
Link Posted: 10/2/2011 9:14:32 AM EST
Sounds to me like someone is trying real hard to change the subject.

LC
Link Posted: 10/2/2011 9:16:55 AM EST
Originally Posted By AR-Josh:

Thats hilarious but true
Link Posted: 10/2/2011 9:21:08 AM EST
[Last Edit: 10/2/2011 9:22:32 AM EST by Krink]

this
what the fuck are they going to replace them with?
I want to be happy but

Link Posted: 10/2/2011 9:23:44 AM EST
Link Posted: 10/2/2011 9:32:42 AM EST

Because DEA is slated to take over the firearms enforcement when this takes place.
Link Posted: 10/2/2011 9:42:14 AM EST

Your feelings, are in harmony with the truth.
Link Posted: 10/2/2011 9:44:53 AM EST
it seems that the time is ripe for a wholesale repeal of federal gun regulations.

Only one that should remain is the instant check which is done by fbi? not ATF.

if a state allows you to own a machine gun then you can own a machine gun, just pass the instant check.
Link Posted: 10/2/2011 9:48:28 AM EST

Originally Posted By Mattl:

Don't forget DEA, DHS, TSA, and possibly the NTSB.

THE EPA. I want a diesel Hi-Lux.
Link Posted: 10/2/2011 9:49:44 AM EST
ATF will just absorbed into the FBI. They made rustlings about it back in early '80s, I believe it was. FBI was against it.
Link Posted: 10/2/2011 9:50:11 AM EST
Originally Posted By happycynic:

Especially if it moves to a busier agency like FBI. They will have plenty of better things to do than go anal on 4473s. Hell, 4473 duty would probably become punishment for the fuckups.

A lot of people there are pro-gun.
Link Posted: 10/2/2011 9:51:06 AM EST
With this administration all that would be accomplished is giving the ATF a clean slate, via the agency(s) who take over their duties. Nothing good will come of this in the end. Eliminating the ATF would be nothing more than a coverup. No one would be tried for conspiracy, no one would be tried for the deaths that have resulted from F&F, no one would be tried for abuse of power, or corruption, or falisfying testimony, etc.
Link Posted: 10/2/2011 10:00:03 AM EST
All in all, I smell a rat.
Link Posted: 10/2/2011 10:02:16 AM EST
I love how whenever this type of subject comes up, there are a few selfish fucks that chime in, in opposition to the status Quo because they were lucky enough to have been allowed to make an investment in a NFA item and they don't want to lose a few dollars.

I would bet that if the impossible happened, and the ATF went away and the NFA went away, and the unwashed masses were all allowed to freely buy all of the cool shit, half of those miserable fucks would be OPPOSED to the idea...
Link Posted: 10/2/2011 10:05:30 AM EST
All in all, I smell a rat.

Yup. I don't trust ANYTHING coming from this regime.
Link Posted: 10/2/2011 10:05:47 AM EST
Originally Posted By barrysuperhawk:
I love how whenever this type of subject comes up, there are a few selfish fucks that chime in, in opposition to the status Quo because they were lucky enough to have been allowed to make an investment in a NFA item and they don't want to lose a few dollars.

I would bet that if the impossible happened, and the ATF went away and the NFA went away, and the unwashed masses were all allowed to freely buy all of the cool shit, half of those miserable fucks would be OPPOSED to the idea...

Where did you see that happen in this thread?

This has been discussed in the past, and even the members with semi-extensive NFA collections were all for eliminating the ATF.
Link Posted: 10/2/2011 10:06:59 AM EST
[Last Edit: 10/2/2011 10:10:00 AM EST by gus]

You would lose that bet. EVERY NFA owner I know (including me) would gladly take a loss on their current toys if it meant being able to buy new and affordable toys. Oh, and the use of the phrase "miserable fucks" shows me you have some kind of dislike for NFA owners in general. Did one of them bang your wife or something?

Edit: Nevermind - you're in Illinois. You've probably never met an NFA owner. Thanks for giving us Obama BTW....
Link Posted: 10/2/2011 10:08:34 AM EST

Ah, you don't know much about the law, do you?

The BATFE going away means that for some length of time we HAVE NO RIGHTS regarding NFA items as there will not be an agency to administer those programs. I, too, would be a little annoyed at not being able to exercise my rights.

Oh, you think that the BATFE goes away so does the NFA? Wake up, Smokey, move away from the sheep.
Link Posted: 10/2/2011 10:09:04 AM EST

Link Posted: 10/2/2011 10:09:33 AM EST

Originally Posted By 50cal:
ATF will just absorbed into the FBI. They made rustlings about it back in early '80s, I believe it was. FBI was against it.

A stench so bad even Hoovers kids wouldnt touch them?

Link Posted: 10/2/2011 10:13:54 AM EST
Not only that, but if the ATF did go away it doesn't mean that the NFA or the any of the other stuff they enforced would be done.
Link Posted: 10/2/2011 10:34:39 AM EST

That's how it's breaking down. DEA takes firearms enforcement and FBI takes the rest. Can't blame the FBI's hesitation in the past.
Link Posted: 10/2/2011 10:37:45 AM EST

A stench so bad even Hoovers kids wouldnt touch them?

Exactly.
Link Posted: 10/2/2011 10:41:22 AM EST
Originally Posted By RictusGrin:

That's how it's breaking down. DEA takes firearms enforcement and FBI takes the rest. Can't blame the FBI's hesitation in the past.

Prepare for the DEATF.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Top Top