Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
PSA
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 10/10/2005 8:53:08 AM EDT
Link Posted: 10/10/2005 8:53:36 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 10/10/2005 8:55:14 AM EDT by mjohn3006]

"The custodian suffered ringing to the ears and was treated at a local hospital."

Bombs were not really high on the power scale were they?
Link Posted: 10/10/2005 8:54:03 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 10/10/2005 8:54:30 AM EDT by Spade]
So glad I got out of engineering.

You guys can't be trusted!

On a serious note, please keep us updated. The MSM seems to ignore such things these days
Link Posted: 10/10/2005 8:55:40 AM EDT
Oh, don't worry, it will be found out it was just a lone nut white boy, just like at OU...nothing to see here folks, just move along....

(thats sarcasm by the way)
Link Posted: 10/10/2005 8:55:41 AM EDT
My bud goes to GT, there is FBI and bomb squad there. They evacuated the dorms.
Link Posted: 10/10/2005 8:56:53 AM EDT
I wouldn't call it a terrorist act, soda bottle bombs, but who ever did this can kiss life as they know it goodbye. Bombs aren't funny anymore.........
Link Posted: 10/10/2005 8:57:46 AM EDT

Originally Posted By pzjgr:
Oh, don't worry, it will be found out it was just a lone nut white boy, just like at OU...nothing to see here folks, just move along....

+1

All is ok there are no bombs..

Link Posted: 10/10/2005 8:57:48 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 10/10/2005 8:58:22 AM EDT by cluster]
wow... that actually called it a terror act..

"It is a terrorist act at this point and depending on the outcome of the investigation it potentially could become a federal violation as well," said Major C.W. Moss of the Atlanta Police Department.

instead of we dont know what it is,but we are sure it is not ter.....
Link Posted: 10/10/2005 8:59:16 AM EDT
the problem is there could be more of those things around. This all happened at about 9am.
Link Posted: 10/10/2005 9:00:27 AM EDT
Sounds like dry-ice bombs or something similar so far.
Link Posted: 10/10/2005 9:01:45 AM EDT

Oh, don't worry, it will be found out it was just a lone nut white boy, just like at OU...nothing to see here folks, just move along.... (thats sarcasm by the way)

Please ignore our fancy beards and muslim materials. No, no, no, akmed was my roommate last semester!
Link Posted: 10/10/2005 9:06:01 AM EDT
Link Posted: 10/10/2005 9:07:02 AM EDT
Sounds like those bleach, lye and aluminum foil "bombs". I still wouldnt want one to go off while next to it...

Link Posted: 10/10/2005 9:12:56 AM EDT
I am across the interstate from GA Tech and cannot see a thing.  

I am 41 stories up and the fog is too thick!!  Dammitt!!

Link Posted: 10/10/2005 9:52:35 AM EDT

Originally Posted By arfarf:
Sounds like those bleach, lye and aluminum foil "bombs".

Yeah. Quite the "terrorist act."

Link Posted: 10/10/2005 11:19:48 AM EDT

Originally Posted By TheCynic:

Yeah. Quite the "terrorist act."

Hey, I know a kid who almost bought it from a dry ice bomb.

And despite two of my friends being blatently involved, and me being a couple hundred miles away, somehow I still got blamed as part of it all. Of COURSE Spade would be involved if there was an explosive device on campus.  
Link Posted: 10/10/2005 11:23:30 AM EDT

Originally Posted By cluster:

"It is a terrorist act at this point and depending on the outcome of the investigation it potentially could become a federal violation as well," said Major C.W. Moss of the Atlanta Police Department.

interesting. dry ice bombs are now a terror attack. yet, much more sophisticated devices outside a packed football stadium are merely a suicide.
Link Posted: 10/10/2005 11:28:00 AM EDT

Originally Posted By torstin:

Originally Posted By cluster:

interesting. dry ice bombs are now a terror attack. yet, much more sophisticated devices outside a packed football stadium are merely a suicide.

That whole thing makes me very skeptical of anything terror related that the FBI/.gov says. especially after the new york subway shit. Feds saying it wasn't shit then NYC saying hey according to this memo yall wrote it is so stop lying to the folks. Took balls for NYC government to say FU to the feds on that one I think. Course I don't know the whole story on the NYC thing. The OU thing though, sorry multiple devces means not a suicide, more like oops someone fucked up and prematurely detonated one.
Link Posted: 10/10/2005 11:29:28 AM EDT
Oddly enough, a device was found near UCLA on Friday.

www.dailybruin.ucla.edu/news/articles.asp?id=34408
Link Posted: 10/10/2005 11:44:15 AM EDT

(thats sarcasm by the way)

Well, to be honest, it WAS a white guy who blew himself up.
Except there were 2 bombs for one suicide.
Except the white guy had a pakistani room mate.
Except the white guy had been attending the same mosque Muhammad Atta had attended.

It was a white guy, but it gets curiouser and curiouser here in America...
Link Posted: 10/10/2005 12:20:38 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Spade:
So glad I got out of engineering.

You guys can't be trusted!

Link Posted: 10/10/2005 12:38:20 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 10/10/2005 12:43:40 PM EDT by Dave_A]
Some wiseass kid's idea of a prank...

Soda bottle bombs...

This sounds more along the lines of Columbine (but at college) than foreign terror...

Just be glad whoever it was (and it probably WAS a lone US citizen, unconnected to any foreign influence) didn't use weapons, or certain folks in DC would be squwaking...

Some kid is gonna get a good lesson on what's 'funny' and what's not....

(Having gone to an engineering school, students who like to play with fire/explosives in the dorms (and throw various items down the garbage chutes) are not that strange to me... I'm glad I never had to live in campus housing...

Pretty soon, someone will set off a MRE bomb on campus and this board will go ape into 'Terror Attack' mode...
Top Top