Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 6/14/2009 12:49:14 PM EDT
There's got to be more to this story than what's being reported, and I'm certain most of their actions were caught on cameras at the air field.
Seems like the police went a little light on the charges considering the circumstances. Damages being charged to Boeing,  wonder if they'll still have jobs when they return to Seattle.  

http://www.roswell-record.com/main.asp?SectionID=117&SubSectionID=345&ArticleID=43388&TM=59064.13

Police Blotter 6/13/09
In-town drag racing results in arrests

Police responded to a report of reckless driving near the intersection of College Boulevard and Garden Avenue. According to the report, three Boeing employees from the Seattle area were in Roswell for training at the international air center. Their employer rented three Chevrolet Impalas from Avis Rent A Car for them to drive during training. All three vehicles had the police packages, which includes a more powerful engine and a beefed-up suspension. According to the manager at Avis, the men took the cars out onto the runway on Monday, spinning doughnuts and driving at speeds of 120 mph.

Later, two of the men were arrested and charged with reckless driving after racing in the area of College Boulevard and Garden Avenue. The back end of one of the vehicles was totaled after it slammed into a fire hydrant. Eight tires valued at $2,400 were completely shredded and required replacement. Avis billed Boeing for the damages.

Link Posted: 6/14/2009 12:57:33 PM EDT
[#1]
Some of the shit i have done to a rental car beats this.  All rental cars are trashed to hell by their temporary drivers.  They had to be seen by some other sore ass employee and were ratted out.
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 12:57:59 PM EDT
[#2]
days of thunder remake
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 1:00:14 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

wonder if they'll still have jobs when they return to Seattle.  

Hope they get fired, and Boeing hires me!

Link Posted: 6/14/2009 1:00:37 PM EDT
[#4]
ALWAYS GET THE INSURANCE!!!

Link Posted: 6/14/2009 1:01:01 PM EDT
[#5]
I've never treated a rental car with anything but respect.  Thought the 2009 Cadillac CTS I rented last December no doubt had considerable

performance capability, I drove it like I drive my own car.  At the speed limit and "normal" driving only.  

People who rent cars to tear off a piece are assholes.  I say that anyone caught doing that should automatically get their driver's

licenses PERMANENTLY revoked in EVERY state.

CJ
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 1:02:44 PM EDT
[#6]
I was at the old Air base at Roswell  in 1992 or 1993 for a two week war game. I was specifically warned about runway incursions there, and if I was caught, I would get hit with a 10K fine.  
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 1:16:04 PM EDT
[#7]
that's funny shit there
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 1:17:32 PM EDT
[#8]
Sounds like fun.

Link Posted: 6/14/2009 1:21:31 PM EDT
[#9]
The Jackass Movie nitwits certainly know how to trash a rental car.
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 1:22:39 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I've never treated a rental car with anything but respect.  Thought the 2009 Cadillac CTS I rented last December no doubt had considerable
performance capability, I drove it like I drive my own car.  At the speed limit and "normal" driving only.  

People who rent cars to tear off a piece are assholes.  I say that anyone caught doing that should automatically get their driver's

CJ

cmjohnson proposing more laws?  Say it ain't so.
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 1:24:42 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Some of the shit i have done to a rental car beats this. All rental cars are trashed to hell by their temporary drivers. They had to be seen by some other sore ass employee and were ratted out.

that right there is sorry shit, why would you want to trash other peoples property?? would you want someone else trashing your assests that make your living??
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 1:26:20 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

I've never treated a rental car with anything but respect. Thought the 2009 Cadillac CTS I rented last December no doubt had considerable

performance capability, I drove it like I drive my own car. At the speed limit and "normal" driving only.

People who rent cars to tear off a piece are assholes. I say that anyone caught doing that should automatically get their driver's

CJ

I agree with you 100 percent, people who trash rentals are nothing but sorry pieces of shit, that have never learned respect.

Link Posted: 6/14/2009 1:28:15 PM EDT
[#13]
Red line all the time.

ETA: So if the above don't like the way we 'sorry pieces of shit' drive, well they should make laws to ban us? That works for everything dumb asses.
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 1:28:29 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 1:28:57 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 1:30:57 PM EDT
[#16]
My previous employer used to send me to Dallas for a couple of weeks at a time. Every weekend I was there I entered my rental car in eliminations at the Texas Motorplex in Ennis.

Got to the semi finals twice and lost in the final another time. None of the cars were injured in any way.
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 1:35:36 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Quoted:
I've never treated a rental car with anything but respect. Thought the 2009 Cadillac CTS I rented last December no doubt had considerable
performance capability, I drove it like I drive my own car. At the speed limit and "normal" driving only.

People who rent cars to tear off a piece are assholes. I say that anyone caught doing that should automatically get their driver's

CJ

I agree with you 100 percent, people who trash rentals are nothing but sorry pieces of shit, that have never learned respect.

How is it the public's business, about what happens between two parties and the details of their contract?

If the company doesn't like it, why don't they include a clause in the contract that addresses such issues?

Why do some people want to pass laws for every ill?
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 1:36:00 PM EDT
[#18]
If it don't say Boeing then I ain't foing...
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 1:48:25 PM EDT
[#19]

Maybe i'm out of line here but why do rental agencies sell supplemental insurance products then?  Just about everyone's credit cards or insurance policies have some kind of protection for rental cars.  They(the rental agencies) know damn well that most people have this thing about trashing rentals and they market products toward it.  Having respect for someone's property and abusing a rental car i feel are two separate issues.  Buddy lends me his car and i'm not going to trash it.  Rental agency begging me to rent from their "exclusive" collection (sports cars like Mustang GT's) or having for rent police package equipped Impala's and begging me to take the insurance are setting themselves up for failure.  I can even see the conversation at the rental counter.  "These cars have a police package in them

"  Plus, what's that old adage of never buying a used car that was a rental or in fleet service?  Because people treat them like shit.

Link Posted: 6/14/2009 1:49:42 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Maybe i'm out of line here but why do rental agencies sell supplemental insurance products then?  Just about everyone's credit cards or insurance policies have some kind of protection for rental cars.  They(the rental agencies) know damn well that most people have this thing about trashing rentals and they market products toward it.  Having respect for someone's property and abusing a rental car i feel are two separate issues.  Buddy lends me his car and i'm not going to trash it.  Rental agency begging me to rent from their "exclusive" collection (sports cars like Mustang GT's) or having for rent police package equipped Impala's and begging me to take the insurance are setting themselves up for failure.  I can even see the conversation at the rental counter.  "These cars have a police package in them
"  Plus, what's that old adage of never buying a used car that was a rental or in fleet service?  Because people treat them like shit.

Simple reason.

$$$

Link Posted: 6/14/2009 2:00:57 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

CJ

You rent it, its yours.

You damage it, you pay for it.

Whats so fucking hard for you to understand?

More laws to cover shit like this? You voted for Obama didnt you?
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 2:06:37 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

CJ

What exquisite crap.

Link Posted: 6/14/2009 3:02:55 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Some of the shit i have done to a rental car beats this.  All rental cars are trashed to hell by their temporary drivers.  They had to be seen by some other sore ass employee and were ratted out.

All rental cars are, by definition, off-road vehicles.
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 3:05:03 PM EDT
[#24]
I drive rental cars the way I drive my own cars...balls to the wall
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 3:09:07 PM EDT
[#25]
What kind of corporate plans do they have?  Every time I have rented, it was ON MY DIME, only reimbursed LATER by my employer.
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 3:11:41 PM EDT
[#26]
drive it like you stole it baby!
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 3:12:18 PM EDT
[#27]
Fastest car I ever drove was a rental!
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 3:20:23 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

CJ

I'll bet you're fun at parties....
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 3:28:25 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

qft
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 3:30:55 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

CJ

fuckin A dude, i wanna party with you!  

not!

Link Posted: 6/14/2009 3:32:41 PM EDT
[#31]
Yeah, let's go trash some rentals on our employer's dime. Shit, what could go wrong?

Anyone who'd do something this dumb, and possibly jeopardize their job in this shit economy... gets no sympathy from me.

Link Posted: 6/14/2009 3:34:05 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

What kind of corporate plans do they have?  Every time I have rented, it was ON MY DIME, only reimbursed LATER by my employer.

I had a corporate CC that paid for travel expenses, meals, etc back in the day.

Link Posted: 6/14/2009 3:34:05 PM EDT
[#33]
doubletap
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 3:34:50 PM EDT
[#34]
The thing the cars you trash the more prices go up. They cause a raise in prices for everyone. Due to there there mad at Boeing. Cause there laying off everyone. No I didn't vote Obama I voted McCain
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 3:41:38 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:

CJ

not!

Link Posted: 6/14/2009 3:44:50 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 3:54:42 PM EDT
[#37]
Sure... The more you trash cars the more the price of rental cars go up.... Here your sign!
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 4:04:10 PM EDT
[#38]
I wouldn't be a bit surprised if they get fired for this.

Odds are they've got some time in the company so not only did they lose their job but they lost their pension and whatever matching funds the company put into their 401k's.

Some people's stupidity is amazing.
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 4:07:37 PM EDT
[#39]
Guess you guys haven't seen these videos yet  Nos on Rental

I see more than a few of these videos posted, I pity the foo who buys that car
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 4:11:03 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Quoted:

CJ

cmjohnson proposing more laws?  Say it ain't so.

Just so long as he doesn't start insisting that they all be equipped with the hydrogen-electrolysis mileage booster thingies.
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 4:17:29 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

CJ

But this is America - Land of the Free!  (Home of the retarded...)

Link Posted: 6/14/2009 4:31:35 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Sure... The more you trash cars the more the price of rental cars go up.... Here your sign!

He asked for English, not cliff notes in idiot.
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 4:38:33 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Link Posted: 6/14/2009 4:44:36 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

CJ

How is it the public's business, about what happens between two parties and the details of their contract?

If the company doesn't like it, why don't they include a clause in the contract that addresses such issues?

Why do some people want to pass laws for every ill?

The lack of respect for others property is astounding.
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 4:56:05 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

CJ

A little stiff there, but I rent and drive them the same as you.
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 4:58:27 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
I wouldn't be a bit surprised if they get fired for this.

Some people's stupidity is amazing.

I hope they're engineers - I'll be done with my current employer in a few months and would love to join a team of aeronautical professionals and Days 'o Thunder wannabe's

Link Posted: 6/14/2009 4:59:42 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Quoted:

CJ

not!

Link Posted: 6/14/2009 5:34:48 PM EDT
[#48]
Now I know which of you fuckers is the sort of idiot that I wouldn't loan a LAWNMOWER to or want to be on the same road with!

Here's my version of the deal:  You rent my shit, you treat it like a baby.  You don't shake, rattle, or roll it.   You treat it like it's got a trunk full

of sweaty dynamite.   You fuck it up, and you'll wish the dynamite had gone off instead of me.

And you sure as fuck don't engage in any reckless or careless driving on the streets!  If you want to play "Lightning McQueen",  you can damned

well go buy your own car to beat up on the weekends, that is,  on those few weekends when the wifey will allow you to regain temporary custody of

your penis and testicles and let you slip the leash and go play by yourself for a while in your four-wheeled toy of choice.

I'd be perfectly happy if rental cars had rev limiters and a recording system that records the forces the car is subjected to during the rental,  and

if they exceed reasonable limits, you get fined for every time you trip a limit parameter.    It wouldn't bother me in the slightest.  I'd never hit a

limiter unless it was to get the fuck out of YOUR way!

Better yet,  if I had anything to do with the selection that rental car companies offer,  they'd only offer the watered down versions of popular cars.

I frankly don't even understand why a rental agency would offer high performance cars for rent.   It seems like too much liability.

Let me know when you're going to be beating up a rental in central Florida, so I can remind myself to stay home on that day for my own safety.

CJ

Link Posted: 6/14/2009 5:48:09 PM EDT
[#49]
Whats the difference between a 4x4 & a rental car?

A rental car really will go anywhere!

Link Posted: 6/14/2009 6:08:40 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Now I know which of you fuckers is the sort of idiot that I wouldn't loan a LAWNMOWER to or want to be on the same road with!

Here's my version of the deal:  You rent my shit, you treat it like a baby.  You don't shake, rattle, or roll it.   You treat it like it's got a trunk full
of sweaty dynamite.   You fuck it up, and you'll wish the dynamite had gone off instead of me.

And you sure as fuck don't engage in any reckless or careless driving on the streets!  If you want to play "Lightning McQueen",  you can damned
well go buy your own car to beat up on the weekends, that is,  on those few weekends when the wifey will allow you to regain temporary custody of
your penis and testicles and let you slip the leash and go play by yourself for a while in your four-wheeled toy of choice.

I'd be perfectly happy if rental cars had rev limiters and a recording system that records the forces the car is subjected to during the rental,  and
if they exceed reasonable limits, you get fined for every time you trip a limit parameter.    It wouldn't bother me in the slightest.  I'd never hit a
limiter unless it was to get the fuck out of YOUR way!

Better yet,  if I had anything to do with the selection that rental car companies offer,  they'd only offer the watered down versions of popular cars.
I frankly don't even understand why a rental agency would offer high performance cars for rent.   It seems like too much liability.

Let me know when you're going to be beating up a rental in central Florida, so I can remind myself to stay home on that day for my own safety.

CJ

Are you bucking for a job as Obama's Car Rental Czar or something?

Perhaps some companies offer high-performance cars because it draws in clientele that would otherwise decide one watered-down shitbox is as good as another, and thus one car rental company is as good as another since all of their offerings are the same.  What next, do you propose one single giant car rental company run by government nanny-staters?
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top