Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
1/25/2018 7:38:29 AM
Posted: 7/3/2001 8:01:38 AM EST
I need to have a frame to body mount that rusted off replaced. What I am told is that a body shop can easily weld one on. I may need more than one. My question is what $$$ range should I consider fair, and what is a rediculous price. The vehicle in question is a S10 pickup. I have zero experience in body work and could use some advice. Thanks for any help!
Link Posted: 7/3/2001 9:28:45 AM EST
Do you know anyone who's a competent welder and has a wire-feed machine? If so, then it's just a matter of getting him some beer, jacking up the body, and welding the new mount(s) on. The worst part is if the nut or bolt spins, because you'll have to cut a hole in the floor to hold the other end with a wrench. Call it an afternoon's work (assuming your floorpans aren't rusted through, too.)
Link Posted: 7/3/2001 11:42:51 AM EST
Nope, no access to that. btt
Link Posted: 7/3/2001 8:05:33 PM EST
Hey driftpunch you're in my field. I'm an estimator, no BS. Not sure what state your from? But Rust! from salt on snow? salt air from the ocean? When you say frame to body, do you mean front? bed? cab? is it the frame? or the body? keeping your truck much longer? selling right away? thing to remember when repairing rust, you're not stopping your problem, you're just buying time. No real fix for rust, unless you sell it.
Top Top