Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/11/2002 5:56:27 AM EDT
keep the armor panels from "curling" and is there any way to repair it? Both my Point Blank and Safariland vests (Level II's) are doing this and while it probably does not affect the performance of the vest it is annoying as hell.
Link Posted: 8/11/2002 6:00:35 AM EDT
[#1]
Some are worse and all I've had do it to some extent. The best for me to not roll is the Safariland Zero G. I used to cut out plastic pieces from a milk jug and fit them to bottom edge of the vest and duct tape them. That worked for awhile then I'd have to replace them. Good luck.
Link Posted: 8/11/2002 10:29:34 AM EDT
[#2]
on my days off I have put weights on the edge and it helps streghten it out. Kind of like
a no heat press.
Link Posted: 8/11/2002 10:51:21 AM EDT
[#3]
More importantly...

HOW Do you attach extra Trauma Plates to your armor?

I heard some Guys Duct Tape them right to their skin.  OUCH!
Link Posted: 8/11/2002 11:58:19 AM EDT
[#4]
I would probably duct tape it directly to the armor (inside the carrier).
Link Posted: 8/11/2002 12:03:02 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
More importantly...

View Quote

Every concealable carrier I have ever had came with a pocket, either on the front or inside the carrier for trauma plates.
Link Posted: 8/11/2002 7:04:32 PM EDT
[#6]
I had my grandmother sow on an extra velco strap to the bottom of the vest on the area that curls up.  This allowed me to keep tension on the part that curls and pretty much stopped it.

If you don't have someone to do this work for you send me a message.  I am sure she would be more than happy to do it for you.

medcop
Link Posted: 8/12/2002 12:01:37 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
More importantly...

View Quote

Thats just some nonsense from the Mall ninja geeks.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top