Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/21/2006 8:54:14 AM EDT
My brother works for the NCSHP.  They issue Second Chance brand body armor.  I've heard him comment on the type of body armor he wishes he had, but I don't recall the brand/model.  My Mother and I are looking into getting him exactly what he would like to have for his birthday.  I'm going to speak to his buddies at work and get a feel for what they know, but I'd like imput from you guys as well.

#1 - if someone were going to buy you any type of concealable body armor of use on patrol, what would you want and why?  Remeber, in the summer Temperatures frequently rise above 95º and it is very humid here in this part of the South.

#2 - What has the best long term properties? I don't want to buy him a vest with a 18 month service life.

Thanx in advance
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 9:02:24 AM EDT
[#1]
You are not going to be able to keep that a secret anyway since the armor needs to be fitted to him. You don't just buy one off the rack like a shirt. Why not just give him the money and tell him what it is far or maybe let him pick it out and you pay the bill. If you do not get exactly what he wants and if it is not fitted correctly, he will not likely wear it.

It would be much like my wife going out to buy  me a gun (and she has). She doesn't have a clue so she just asks how much it costs and pays the bill.

By the way, that is a great gift for someone, IMO.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 9:19:21 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 11:52:20 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

#1 - if someone were going to buy you any type of concealable body armor of use on patrol, what would you want and why?  Remeber, in the summer Temperatures frequently rise above 95º and it is very humid here in this part of the South.

#2 - What has the best long term properties? I don't want to buy him a vest with a 18 month service life.

Thanx in advance

1.  US Armor Enforcer Classic with the Titanium Trauma Plate.  Cost= $510

2.  All woven Kevlar.  If you use anything with laminates, try to minimize it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top