Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/4/2012 4:48:25 AM EDT
Link Posted: 7/4/2012 5:06:26 AM EDT
[#1]
they probably should'nt have followed the US's orders to fly into Syrian airspace. Guess we know some about the Syrian air defense capabilities now though.
Link Posted: 7/4/2012 5:07:56 AM EDT
[#2]
Rip pilots.

Fuck Syria !
Link Posted: 7/4/2012 5:11:57 AM EDT
[#3]
wait... I thought the pilots had been found alive.

Did a second plane get shot down?

Link Posted: 7/4/2012 5:23:57 AM EDT
[#4]
Their families and nation have my sympathy.

Quoted:
they probably should'nt have followed the US's orders to fly into Syrian airspace. Guess we know some about the Syrian air defense capabilities now though.

Nice way to be respectful. Enjoying the school break I take it?
Link Posted: 7/4/2012 5:25:11 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Yeah, I thought they were alive as well.
Link Posted: 7/4/2012 5:29:52 AM EDT
[#6]
These guys died by being shot out of the sky at hundreds of miles an hour by a shitty fucking Russian made AA system, their last moments were sheer terror and violent.
Link Posted: 7/4/2012 5:32:16 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
These guys died by being shot out of the sky at hundreds of miles an hour by a shitty fucking Russian made AA system, their last moments were sheer terror and violent.

I thought they had found their helmets next to their ejection seats?

What are the chances they got up and walked the wrong direction and died of thirst?
Link Posted: 7/4/2012 6:28:54 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 7/4/2012 6:31:32 AM EDT
[#9]
Do we know what SAMs they did use against them ?

Not all of them are "shitty Russian AA" systems you know... S-300 will fuck up your day..

Sorry for their families
Link Posted: 7/4/2012 6:32:00 AM EDT
[#10]
I guess they didn't eject? RF-4  is the reconnaissance variant of the F-4 Phantom. I wouldn't be surprised if that was a old American bird. Condolences to the families and the people of Turkey.
Link Posted: 7/4/2012 6:35:56 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 7/4/2012 6:37:03 AM EDT
[#12]
so...how did the Syrians find the boots with no feet in them and two helmets
Link Posted: 7/4/2012 6:42:16 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Liars? Who follow Islam? Color me shocked!
Link Posted: 7/4/2012 6:42:57 AM EDT
[#14]
Do you expect the Syrians to be strictly honest?

Really?

Link Posted: 7/4/2012 6:46:37 AM EDT
[#15]
By "shitty Russian AA system" I meant as in Russian and shit for those that did not detect my vibe. I know they make decent gear for blowing planes out of the sky.
Link Posted: 7/4/2012 6:47:12 AM EDT
[#16]
RIP pilots.

Fuck Syria.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 7/4/2012 6:50:28 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

I guess they didn't eject? RF-4  is the reconnaissance variant of the F-4 Phantom. I wouldn't be surprised if that was a old American bird. Condolences to the families and the people of Turkey.

Hope they review the flight recorder

Link Posted: 7/4/2012 6:57:29 AM EDT
[#18]
I think if the Turks were going to fo, they would have already fent over this.  It tells my either the Turks don't want to fight, unlikely, or their jet was were it wasn't supposed to be.  The Syrians might have had a good shoot here.
Link Posted: 7/4/2012 7:01:14 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
Quoted:

Hope they review the flight recorder

There is no flight recorder on old jets like the RF-4.

The RF-4 was flying at wave top level. When it was hit, it probably pitched down into the water before the crew had time to react.

And the AKP isn't our best friend.

Link Posted: 7/4/2012 7:01:29 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Thanks for reminding me that I need to return the favor and go troll DU.
Link Posted: 7/4/2012 7:01:33 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

This.  The Turks have been promised some land if they conquer Syria for NATO.  NATO wants the Muslim Bros to run that nation too.  

BTW, just because the Zero Administration and Hitlery want Assad out and the parrots of the MSM keep feeding the public info about the "atrocities" committed by Assad, most of Arfcom hates Syria?!  WTF?  That same MSM never mentions when the Muslim Bros blow up something and kill civilians.  Does Arfcom really want to see Syria go the way of Libya and Egypt?  Is it really in our interest to see the Mus Bros have another nation?
Link Posted: 7/4/2012 10:20:20 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

I was going to say "in before the conspiracy theory tards", but I'm too late.
Link Posted: 7/4/2012 10:21:08 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Ok, it wasnt just me..i thought they had Ejected and been recovered
Link Posted: 7/4/2012 10:21:44 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Way to stay Classy there Sport...............
Link Posted: 7/4/2012 10:22:09 AM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 7/4/2012 10:24:33 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I thought they had found their helmets next to their ejection seats?

What are the chances they got up and walked the wrong direction and died of thirst?

lol
Link Posted: 7/4/2012 10:27:53 AM EDT
[#27]
Did anyone else see the apology? They apologized saying they thought it was an Israeli jet. Assad says he is saddened by this and that he hopped it had been an Israeli jet because that would have made him and the country happy.  

And to echo an above statement

FUCK SYRIA!
Link Posted: 7/4/2012 10:28:51 AM EDT
[#28]
RIP   pilots

senseless
Link Posted: 7/4/2012 1:07:59 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

More likely old West German.
Link Posted: 7/4/2012 1:09:03 PM EDT
[#30]
Not sure if they ejected or not, but the reports I read stated that they haven't found the plane yet.  The bodies were found near each other on the seafloor.
Link Posted: 7/4/2012 1:16:52 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

If you're in the water, trying not to drown, sometimes you might take things off to help you try to swim.

Things like boots, or helmets.

Or the Syrians might be lying.

Or something else entirely.
Link Posted: 7/4/2012 1:38:09 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Quoted:

If you're in the water, trying not to drown, sometimes you might take things off to help you try to swim.

Things like boots, or helmets.

Or the Syrians might be lying.

Or something else entirely.

if you take your boots and helmet off in the water you're not finding them.
Link Posted: 7/4/2012 2:13:42 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

BTW, just because the Zero Administration and Hitlery want Assad out and the parrots of the MSM keep feeding the public info about the "atrocities" committed by Assad, most of Arfcom hates Syria?!  WTF?  That same MSM never mentions when the Muslim Bros blow up something and kill civilians.  Does Arfcom really want to see Syria go the way of Libya and Egypt?  Is it really in our interest to see the Mus Bros have another nation?

Even without massacring it's own people lets see how Syria does:

1. Russian ally

2. State sponsor of terrorism

3. Syrians have probably teamed with Iran to ensure russian weapons got into Iraq to kill Americans.

I'm sure the list can be longer but based on just that I say, Fuck Syria.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top