Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 8/20/2002 6:40:40 PM EDT
[url]http://www.msnbc.com/news/796848.asp[/url] Rep. Bob Barr, R-Ga., the firebrand conservative who was one of the leaders of the effort to impeach President Bill Clinton, lost his seat in Congress on Tuesday, falling to a lower-profile colleague in a primary pitting fellow Republican incumbents created when the Democratic Legislature merged their congressional districts.
Link Posted: 8/20/2002 6:49:01 PM EDT
Link Posted: 8/20/2002 6:53:53 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/20/2002 6:55:05 PM EDT by Aggie1]
Originally Posted By SWIRE: [url]http://www.msnbc.com/news/796848.asp[/url] Rep. Bob Barr, R-Ga., the firebrand conservative who was one of the leaders of the effort to impeach President Bill Clinton, lost his seat in Congress on Tuesday, falling to a lower-profile colleague in a primary pitting fellow Republican incumbents created when the Democratic Legislature merged their congressional districts.
View Quote
That news report is just a little incorrect. This is from Neal Boortz's website today. Bob Barr made the decision to give up his district to challenge Linder. [url]www.boortz.com/nealznuz.htm[/url] SOME LISTENERS ARE FURIOUS They're furious with me because of my support for John Linder over Bob Barr. Sorry you're mad, folks. But I call them the way I see them. I'm just as furious with Bob Barr as you are with me. Bob Barr put his personal political ambitions over the good of this country. Bob Barr made the decision to move out of a congressional district that he knew he could carry, in order to challenge John Linder in another district. Barr left a district where 70% of the population is already represented by him and moved to a district where only 17% of the population is currently represented by him. When Barr made that decision he knew full well that the district he left would fall to the Democrats. He was the Republican Congressman for most of those people --- and he left. At a time when the Republicans only hold the slimmest of margins in the House of Representatives, Bob Barr decided to hand the Democrats one more seat in a quest to buy easier campaigns for him down the road. No matter who wins today in the 7th, there's going to be one less Republican and one more Democrat in the Georgia delegation ---- and the blame rests with Bob Barr.
Top Top