Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/31/2004 6:04:02 PM EDT
I'm obviously a newbie.  Can somebody please fill me in on this AR15.com inside joke?  What's the deal with boats and boating accidents?

Edit:

OK. I think I get the picture, but...

Why would you ever have to hide your firearms? Are you referring to a boating accident that would happen if our firearms were all suddenly banned? Unless you're dealing with Class 3, does the government actually keep track of who's got what? Help me understand.
Link Posted: 10/31/2004 6:04:59 PM EDT
[#1]
I don't llike to talk about mine. Every time I think of all those guns laying at the bottom of the lake, I get all teary-eyed.

Luckily, I still have my 10/22 and .38.
Link Posted: 10/31/2004 6:05:15 PM EDT
[#2]
Well,see I was out fishing and I dont know why but I had my rifles with me,and by golly a big ass fish done came and knocked em' in that there water.Never saw em' since.
Link Posted: 10/31/2004 6:05:30 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I don't llike to talk about mine. Every time I think of all those guns laying at the bottom of the lake, I get all teary-eyed.

+1
Link Posted: 10/31/2004 6:07:37 PM EDT
[#4]
I don't know how else to get out to deep water for a bump fire session
Link Posted: 10/31/2004 6:07:57 PM EDT
[#5]
You had to bring that up didnt you? Just when I thought the scars were healing you bring this up.
I lost all my guns in a boating accident and I could only afford to replace a 10/22 and my Taurus model85.
Link Posted: 10/31/2004 6:09:03 PM EDT
[#6]
All of mine sank right to the bottom. Well, except the AR-7. It was swallowed by a giant mackarel.
Link Posted: 10/31/2004 6:09:38 PM EDT
[#7]
You ask me if I have guns?  Well, with regret, I must inform you of my tragic ordeal on the lake.  I was trying to rescue a penguin shark from a turtle hawk attack.  While speeding to the rescue, my boat hit the Great Barrier Reef of Lake Wompler.  My boat sank and all of my weapons with it.

I now only have a pointed stick.
Link Posted: 10/31/2004 6:11:35 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Yep. My little ol' Remington .22 is all I have now. I don't mind telling you, though, it was a real pain losing all my guns here:

CW
Link Posted: 10/31/2004 6:12:28 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Damn !!!  you got a pointy one , I'm stuck with my Ban legal NY version
Link Posted: 10/31/2004 6:13:23 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Damn !!!  you got a pointy one , I'm stuck with my Ban legal NY version

What would that be, a twig?
Link Posted: 10/31/2004 6:13:36 PM EDT
[#11]
OK.  I think I get the picture, but...

Why would you ever have to hide your firearms?  Are you referring to a boating accident that would happen if our firearms were all suddenly banned?  Unless you're dealing with Class 3, does the government actually keep track of who's got what?  Help me understand.
Link Posted: 10/31/2004 6:14:19 PM EDT
[#12]
Please don't bring this up anymore, I'm trying to forget the accident that cost me all of my firearms...
Link Posted: 10/31/2004 6:16:38 PM EDT
[#13]
It is a fact that the .gov cruises this board.  A fact.
Link Posted: 10/31/2004 6:19:44 PM EDT
[#14]
Damn I don't even like to think about it. I had a really nice collection until they all sank to the bottom of the ocean. To bad the only one left was my .22
Link Posted: 10/31/2004 6:22:46 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Unless you're dealing with Class 3, does the government actually keep track of who's got what? Help me understand.

nuff said
Link Posted: 10/31/2004 6:24:38 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

"Pointed stick?  Oh, oh, oh.  We want to learn how to defend ourselves against pointed sticks, do we?  Getting all high and mighty, eh?  Fresh fruit not good enough for you eh?  Well I'll tell you something my lad.  When you're walking home tonight and some great homicidal maniac comes after you with a bunch of loganberries, don't come crying to me!"

Link Posted: 10/31/2004 6:24:48 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
All of mine sank right to the bottom. Well, except the AR-7. It was swallowed by a giant mackarel.

Damn, where'd you find a mackarel in Kansas?

I lost my boat, my firearms, and all my knives in a tragic accident.  Lets just say that there was a lotta Jack Daniels involved and the captain from the Exxon Valdez was there too.
Link Posted: 10/31/2004 6:25:56 PM EDT
[#18]
Can we get a MOD to lock  lock on this thread and "niceguymr" account he is asking way to many questions.

Note to self:
I need to rent a boat and do some fishing I guess. What calibers are good for shooting the fish that jump out of the water?
Link Posted: 10/31/2004 6:29:38 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
Can we get a MOD to lock  lock on this thread and "niceguymr" account he is asking way to many questions.

Note to self:
I need to rent a boat and do some fishing I guess. What calibers are good for shooting the fish that jump out of the water?

It's hard to say; you never know what kind of fish you'll run into. Better take all your guns, except the 10/22 and .38.

I hope you make it back alive.
Link Posted: 10/31/2004 6:33:21 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Note to self:

It's hard to say; you never know what kind of fish you'll run into. Better take all your guns, except the 10/22 and .38.

+1

I gotta ask you though. What the hell are doing on a boat when you dont drink?
Link Posted: 10/31/2004 6:38:13 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

"Pointed stick?  Oh, oh, oh.  We want to learn how to defend ourselves against pointed sticks, do we?  Getting all high and mighty, eh?  Fresh fruit not good enough for you eh?  Well I'll tell you something my lad.  When you're walking home tonight and some great homicidal maniac comes after you with a bunch of loganberries, don't come crying to me!"

www.users.bigpond.net.au/con-nosotros/selfdefe%20monty%20python.jpg

That's exactly where I got that from.
Link Posted: 10/31/2004 6:43:06 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
[Damn, where'd you find a mackarel in Kansas?

Prairie mackarel. Very fierce. They eat cows and shit tornadoes.
Link Posted: 10/31/2004 6:43:20 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Note to self:

12ga, it's just like shooting clays.
Link Posted: 10/31/2004 6:43:55 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Note to self:

+1

I gotta ask you though. What the hell are doing on a boat when you dont drink?

I have a fishing/duck hunting boat.

It's for sale, though...no time to use it. You need a boat?
Link Posted: 10/31/2004 6:45:00 PM EDT
[#25]
I did a while back but hurricane season is over. Thanks, though.
Link Posted: 10/31/2004 6:45:25 PM EDT
[#26]
Well, you see, I was going on this fishing trip with this chick, and I brought along all my guns and ammo. So, just as I was about to stuff it in her pooper, this giant whale started knocking the boat around. I quickly donned my MARPAT and loaded up some Wolf ammo to drive it off. But in the chaos, almost all of the guns and ammo were lost over the side. When it was all over, I had nothing but a .38 and a 10/22 left. To this day, I can't bear the thought of buying any more firearms; it's just too painful.
Link Posted: 10/31/2004 6:46:24 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
I did a while back but hurricane season is over. Thanks, though.

If you ever need to have a fishing accident, look me up.....

Link Posted: 10/31/2004 6:47:07 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Damn, where'd you find a mackarel in Kansas?

I lost my boat, my firearms, and all my knives in a tragic accident.  Lets just say that there was a lotta Jack Daniels involved and the captain from the Exxon Valdez was there too.

[capt.hazlewood]"Hey! You try drinkin' three cases o' beer and tryin' to steer a big ol' oil tanker, and we'll see how well you do, big fella!" *burp*
Link Posted: 10/31/2004 6:53:45 PM EDT
[#29]
First time I heard the phrase was on a TV news magazine (20/20... 60 Minutes...?) report on the Canadian registration debacle. A very ordinary grandfather type reported that it was unfortunate that he couldn't register his guns as he took them all on a fishing trip and his boat turned over. I've always wondered if that was the start of things here.
Link Posted: 10/31/2004 7:01:56 PM EDT
[#30]
Well, I never lost my guns on a boat. But this one time when I went to sell almost my entire collection of guns to my friend who works at the steel plant, I slipped and all my guns fell in the molton iron, THE HUMANITY!

Now I have a 12 gauge, and a .22 rifle left.
Link Posted: 10/31/2004 7:02:09 PM EDT
[#31]
Boats and guns don't mix. In fact, if you value your firearms, keep them away from large bodies of water. Maybe even the bath tub, you never know.
Link Posted: 10/31/2004 7:10:25 PM EDT
[#32]
Sounds like I should take them all, who knows what will be in that murky old irrigation canal?.
Dang thats going to cost a me a pretty penny in ammo,  as iv shot it all up.

Save it for one 10/22 just in case my wife need to defend the homestead?

Better also leave her with one 50 count box of .22 shells that ill have to buy tomorrow.
Link Posted: 10/31/2004 7:11:23 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
Well, you see, I was going on this fishing trip with this chick, and I brought along all my guns and ammo. So, just as I was about to stuff it in her pooper, this giant whale started knocking the boat around. I quickly donned my MARPAT and loaded up some Wolf ammo to drive it off. But in the chaos, almost all of the guns and ammo were lost over the side. When it was all over, I had nothing but a .38 and a 10/22 left. To this day, I can't bear the thought of buying any more firearms; it's just too painful.

Thats horrable....

Did you happen to get some pics?
Link Posted: 10/31/2004 8:47:39 PM EDT
[#34]
Wow, you guys are lucky I am left with a broken slingshot and a Pez dispenser. I am afraid of boating now. In fact I am afraid of sitting on the toilet because sharks swim in water and there is water in the toilet.
Link Posted: 10/31/2004 8:54:53 PM EDT
[#35]
Wait a MINUTE!!!! Are you guys saying this is a GUN board? I thought it had to do with Teletubbies!!!

Crap!!!
Link Posted: 10/31/2004 8:58:07 PM EDT
[#36]
I at least have my trusty BB gun.

I'll miss the quad 50's we had set up on that 20' Ranger. Who knew there was a US Coast guard chopper in the area? That thing cut our boat in half!

All of thoes guns.....

Bye...

gotta cry once again

Someone hold me.
Link Posted: 10/31/2004 9:02:28 PM EDT
[#37]
in a way, through the 4473s. but they'd have to go to each FFL and get them

Quoted:
Unless you're dealing with Class 3, does the government actually keep track of who's got what?

Link Posted: 10/31/2004 9:05:59 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
I'm obviously a newbie.  Can somebody please fill me in on this AR15.com inside joke?  What's the deal with boats and boating accidents?

Edit:

OK. I think I get the picture, but...

Why would you ever have to hide your firearms? Are you referring to a boating accident that would happen if our firearms were all suddenly banned? Unless you're dealing with Class 3, does the government actually keep track of who's got what? Help me understand.

Inside joke among more of our paranoid/[foilhat] members who think that ATF has nothing better to do besides watching this site & writing down what everyone owns for some future gun confascation...

So, the guns are all 'lost' in a 'tragic boating accident'...

As for your other questions, it is illegal for the Feds to keep records of gun purchases longer than 24hrs after the buyer has been cleared by NICS (24hrs after purchase, in other words), thanks to a law that Bush signed recently...

But some folks still believe in 'black helicopters', space aliens, and the Govt conspiring with the UN to opress them... Pick your paranoia...
Link Posted: 10/31/2004 9:46:27 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Quoted:

www.users.bigpond.net.au/con-nosotros/selfdefe%20monty%20python.jpg

"I am here to teach you how to defend yourself against fresh fruit!"
Link Posted: 10/31/2004 9:53:53 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
I at least have my trusty BB gun.

I'll miss the quad 50's we had set up on that 20' Ranger. Who knew there was a US Coast guard chopper in the area? That thing cut our boat in half!

All of thoes guns.....

Bye...

gotta cry once again

Someone hold me.

<Clinton>Aahh faayyl yourr paaiin!</Clinton>  I had 2 sets of Bofors 40mm FLAK guns on a Ranger 25, one on each end...
Link Posted: 10/31/2004 10:15:06 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:
Inside joke among more of our paranoid/[foilhat] members who think that ATF has nothing better to do besides watching this site & writing down what everyone owns for some future gun confascation...

So, the guns are all 'lost' in a 'tragic boating accident'...

As for your other questions, it is illegal for the Feds to keep records of gun purchases longer than 24hrs after the buyer has been cleared by NICS (24hrs after purchase, in other words), thanks to a law that Bush signed recently...

But some folks still believe in 'black helicopters', space aliens, and the Govt conspiring with the UN to opress them... Pick your paranoia...

And that's just what they want you to think...

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top