Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/14/2010 5:23:47 PM EDT
I just instatlled a blu ray drive into an HP dv 6000. Now I need a program to read the blu rays. any Ideas
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 7:25:03 PM EDT
[#1]
The drive didn't come with software? Even when I buy OEM drives they always come with software! I guess your best bet would be PowerDVD 10.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 7:48:05 PM EDT
[#2]
VLC might play it, but some things still may be dodgy.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 7:51:32 PM EDT
[#3]
It wasnt an oem drive It was a pull from another laptop. I didnt even think about the damn software. And VLC wont play It I already tried. I found a copy of WinDVD 9plus that plays blu-rays for 30 bucks so I am going to try that
Link Posted: 9/15/2010 10:33:45 AM EDT
[#4]
I think media player classic will but I'm not 100%

on my pc with bluray I bought a retail boxed version and got commercial software with it, can't remember which app it was, give me a few minutes to boot it up and remote in and I'll edit

edit: Cyberlink PowerDVD 7.3 Ultra

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top