Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/6/2004 8:13:11 PM EDT
"Chicano's not a color, it's the way you think and they way you live and if your willing to give up your life for another cadinal."

Vatos Locos forever

Link Posted: 9/6/2004 8:15:41 PM EDT
[#1]
Calling Vic Mackey...
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 8:16:09 PM EDT
[#2]
I love that movie
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 8:29:07 PM EDT
[#3]
Damn good movie.
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 8:29:36 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Calling Vic Mackey...

Link Posted: 9/6/2004 8:53:02 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Calling Vic Mackey...

Has Vatos Locos or La Onda made an appearence on The Shield?
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 9:03:18 PM EDT
[#6]
Yeah, that movie is on my list right underneath "boyz in the hood", "new jack city" and "menace to society." .
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 9:15:23 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 9:20:29 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Yeah, that movie is on my list right underneath "boyz in the hood", "new jack city" and "menace to society." .

"Menace to Society" was actually an alright movie
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 9:54:31 PM EDT
[#9]
The only good vato gangster is a dead vato gangster.
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 10:03:23 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

hehehehehe
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 10:16:56 PM EDT
[#11]
I'm sorry, but I have to work with scumbags like that, who idolize that movie as the wetb..., er, hispanic way of life. To them it's all about honor and family, but who is it stealing my car stereo, stabbing there brothers, beating there wives? All the Vatos I see seem to be nothing more than pond scum.
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 10:25:20 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You have to be kidding me dude. ALL of the above listed movies, ESPECIALLY menace to society, are the movie versions of gangster rap. They do nothing but glorify acting like a scumbucket (I'll refrain from my normal terminology since this is arf) committing property crimes and violence and hating whitey. It's utter drivel. Sesame Street offers more intellectual stimulation and entertainment value than this shit. Just my opinion.
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 10:32:50 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

You have to be kidding me dude. ALL of the above listed movies, ESPECIALLY menace to society, are the movie versions of gangster rap. They do nothing but glorify acting like a scumbucket (I'll refrain from my normal terminology since this is arf) committing property crimes and violence and hating whitey. It's utter drivel. Sesame Street offers more intellectual stimulation and entertainment value than this shit. Just my opinion.

Did you like Heat?
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 10:33:08 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Have you ever seen these movies?, they don't glorify the ghetto way of life.  In Blood In Blood Out,the main character is imprisoned and loses a leg, while his brother gets addicted to heroin which ruins his life.  Why don't you calm down ,go back to your drunken punk rock bar that you recommended to clean cut and listen to Skrewdriver telling yourself everyone hates whitey.
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 11:45:02 PM EDT
[#15]
Blood in Blood Out is a good Movie. It shows 3 cousins going 3 different ways in life. One is a member of the Mexican Mafia. One becomes a drug user. and One is a cop
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 12:08:29 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Have you ever seen these movies?, they don't glorify the ghetto way of life.  In Blood In Blood Out,the main character is imprisoned and loses a leg, while his brother gets addicted to heroin which ruins his life.  Why don't you calm down ,go back to your drunken punk rock bar that you recommended to clean cut and listen to Skrewdriver telling yourself everyone hates whitey.

Yeah dude, I've actually "seen those movies".......I don't normally go into detail about my youth, but I will make an exception this time. As I mentioned in a previous "ever been to jail" thread....I was in fact in jail. For 4 years as a juvenile. When I got to my halfway house....every single gang banging thug in the place watched movies like menace to society with commentary on how bad ass it was how "loc dog smoked dat foo"......or "yeahh dogg.....dats da shit I'ne talkin bout...dat shits jus like what da real drive by is like foo!"

Same deal with the hispanic thugs. So I know first hand how the ghetto thugs view that kind of "art". They don't take away any valuable lesson, they don't see how it "doesn't glorify the ghetto way of life". It might not have that effect on you, but for the targeted audience (newsflash, that aint you whiteboy) it DOES glorify that lifestyle big time. If you have any other pseudo insults to sling (yeah we all know what you meant by the skrewdriver comment) feel free to keep it to yourself until you know what the fuck your talking about firsthand.
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 12:13:14 AM EDT
[#17]
Don't want to nitpick, but the term is carnal.
Not cadinal.
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 12:15:12 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Did you like Heat?

Believe it or not, I've never seen heat.
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 12:17:16 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
Not cadinal.

I was gonna mention that too.....it means brother in mexican or spanish or whatever, but I wasn't sure about the spelling. But what do I know, I'm just another drunk nazi.......right mmanwitgun?
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 12:17:44 AM EDT
[#20]
Horale holmes, vatos locos por vida, ese.
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 12:31:32 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 12:41:57 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Not cadinal.

I was gonna mention that too.....it means brother in mexican or spanish or whatever, but I wasn't sure about the spelling. But what do I know, I'm just another drunk nazi.......right mmanwitgun?

It means flesh-brother in vato-speak.
However, in Spanish to English literal translation, it means exactly that:
carnal.
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 3:45:56 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 5:57:40 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
Yeah dude, I've actually "seen those movies".......I don't normally go into detail about my youth, but I will make an exception this time. As I mentioned in a previous "ever been to jail" thread....I was in fact in jail. For 4 years as a juvenile. When I got to my halfway house....every single gang banging thug in the place watched movies like menace to society with commentary on how bad ass it was how "loc dog smoked dat foo"......or "yeahh dogg.....dats da shit I'ne talkin bout...dat shits jus like what da real drive by is like foo!"

Same deal with the hispanic thugs. So I know first hand how the ghetto thugs view that kind of "art". They don't take away any valuable lesson, they don't see how it "doesn't glorify the ghetto way of life". It might not have that effect on you, but for the targeted audience (newsflash, that aint you whiteboy) it DOES glorify that lifestyle big time. If you have any other pseudo insults to sling (yeah we all know what you meant by the skrewdriver comment) feel free to keep it to yourself until you know what the fuck your talking about firsthand.

To say those movies glorify ghetto life is like saying Reqiuem for a Dream promotes heroin use.  Does every action movie that comes out inspire violence in children? what about video games? music?.  As for the movies target audience, I knew a few hispanic people who saw Blood In Blood Out, liked it and they didn't talk about how cool the violence was.  Of course they wern't in a correctional facility.  Your problem seems to be that your hanging out in the wrong places, go somewhere there arn't steel bars and razor wire and people are a little bit different.  As for the skrewdriver comment, I'll admit it might have been out of line, but I'm pretty wary of folks who point fingers blaming movies saying they are all about "hating whitey"
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 9:02:38 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
I'm sorry, but I have to work with scumbags like that, who idolize that movie as the wetb..., er, hispanic way of life. To them it's all about honor and family, but who is it stealing my car stereo, stabbing there brothers, beating there wives? All the Vatos I see seem to be nothing more than pond scum.

MonkTx,

you nailed it,  movies like this just glorify acting like an asshat when the reality is it's NOT about honor or brotherhood, it's about being a criminal and what a sweet car stereo you lifted.  It's all about stupidity.

It's like Billy the Kid,  from a distance, and when you spin it right, it seems glamorous. But in the end it's about criminals ruining peoples lives.

Keep chuckin ' their asses in jail dude, we all appreciate it.
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 9:52:24 AM EDT
[#26]
wow, some of you take movies way to seriously

The only movies you should take seriously are DOTD and Red Dawn
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 10:11:17 AM EDT
[#27]
I don't think you understand my reply dude. I don't give fuck, the movies just don't appeal to me. I don't BLAME the movie for the behavior, I just understand that it glorifies it wether than be intentionally or not. That's how it's taken. I feel the same way about gangster rap. I know what it promotes, wether it's just music or not. I know who the target audience is. The dumb ass wanna be white kids who also listen to it are just a pitiful side product of the "thug is cool" generation. And for what it's worth, behind bars or not doesn't matter. Those same little rapists, murderers, car jackers and all around hoods had more "homies on da outs" than their were of them inside. And yes, the "vato" movies or whatever you wanna call them aren't AS bad probably. I was primarily referring to movies like menace. Anyway you wanna take it, just realize I was making a condescending list of movies that I thought sucked. Don't take it so personally.
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 10:49:01 AM EDT
[#28]
Hmm looking at all the kids around here who act ghetto even though their parents have nice houses and buy them anything they want, I see your point as to how certain movies might glorify the ghetto life for some people.  I don't understand why these kids would want to live that way of life, but its a crazy world and its full of crazy people.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top