Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/10/2003 1:49:28 PM EDT
Anyone watch it on the History Channel last night? Was that not one of the most incredible stories?
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 1:50:17 PM EDT
[#1]
i missed the end...
any idea when they will show it again?
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 1:55:20 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
i missed the end...
any idea when they will show it again?
View Quote

I missed the whole second half. I hope they show it again. I was actually a bit late for work because of it...
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 1:58:53 PM EDT
[#3]
Saturday, 14 June, 8PM Eastern.

[url]www.historychannel.com[/url]
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 1:59:30 PM EDT
[#4]
I'll sum up anyone who didn't see it.
dude cries,  narrator says some words, dude cries again, narrator says some words with dude crying in the background,  commercial,  narrator says some words,  reenactment battle footage,  reenactment of dude crying, narrator says words, commercial,  
dude steps on a 60year old german landmind; it does not go off,  reenactment battle footage with spashes to dude crying,
dude shows arial photo to vet, dude tells the vet he is full of shit,  commercial,  dude crys, footage of diamond cutters in amsterdam(they actually have some cool tours if youe ever there)
footage of dude crying, reunion with vet and his old army buddys brother, they are turkish and somehow endup as mexican migrant workers in Ulysses Kansas,  dude crys while digging a hole
commercials,  some stuff i cant remember but i imagine its dude crying
the end
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 2:03:43 PM EDT
[#5]
I'll sum up anyone who didn't see it.
dude cries, narrator says some words, dude cries again, narrator says some words with dude crying in the background, commercial, narrator says some words, reenactment battle footage, reenactment of dude crying, narrator says words, commercial,
dude steps on a 60year old german landmind; it does not go off, reenactment battle footage with spashes to dude crying,
dude shows arial photo to vet, dude tells the vet he is full of shit, commercial, dude crys, footage of diamond cutters in amsterdam(they actually have some cool tours if youe ever there)
footage of dude crying, reunion with vet and his old army buddys brother, they are turkish and somehow endup as mexican migrant workers in Ulysses Kansas, dude crys while digging a hole
commercials, some stuff i cant remember but i imagine its dude crying
the end
View Quote

I can see you were really "into it."
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 2:39:52 PM EDT
[#6]
Was a kick ass show. Can't belive you guys missed the second half, that was the best part. Unbelievable story.

Aviator

From the History Channel Site:

"In 1988, an international terrorism expert named Yaron Svoray began covertly searching the forest hills outside an ancient walled village near the French-German border. He hoped to uncover a fortune in buried diamonds left there at the end of World War II. In 1945, two American GIs in the 7th Army had killed a group of German SS officers as they were dividing up 40 uncut diamonds. The GIs took the priceless gems and buried them in a foxhole, planning to return at the end of the war. They never made it back.

BLOOD FROM A STONE, based on Svoray's book of the same name, details how he found out about the trove and took up the search for the diamonds--a quest that would consume 15 years and lead him from South African mines to the diamond centers of Amsterdam and Antwerp, the Jewish ghettos and shtetls of Eastern Europe, and the Nazi death camps. Before his journey's end, Yaron would discover something far greater, more momentous and life altering than the monetary riches that had motivated his search."
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top