Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
10/20/2017 1:01:18 AM
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 8/18/2005 2:43:59 PM EDT
With all the “baby talk” going on, I thought I would share with you something that happened Monday.
My fifth child is pregnant with her first child. (Scary) My sixth grandchild, (OUCH)!! Anyway, she is my dingbat motor mouth child, lets say somewhat common sense challenged. If you have heard the voice for the adults in the Charlie Brown cartoons that would be what I hear when she talks. “whua wha Muwa whaaaa mwua” She is one of those people who will talk for hours without breathing, you can lay the phone down and come back and she is still talking. Very entertaining sometimes.
So I take her to the doctor Monday, she is 17 weeks along. The Doc comes in talking to her like he would any woman (she is almost 19) who is expecting their first child. I can tell she is thinking far beyond anything he is saying, she probably hears the Charlie Brown adult voice as he asks how she is doing and if she has any questions.
She pipes up and says, “I want to know when I can make an appointment to see what the baby is.”
He looked at her, then he looked at me and I said,” yes, she is probably serious”.
He told her, “we don’t make appointments just to see what the sex of your baby is, we do a sonogram to see how the baby is developing” etc., etc...
She offers the argument that her friend, and or a friend of a friend had one done and they told her what the baby’s sex was…mile a minute here.
He took a deep breath and said, “If we made an appointment JUST to see what the sex of the baby was, your insurance would not cover it”.
She then goes on with my babies daddies’ mother will pay for it because she.... yadda yadda yadda.
He told her they would be doing the sonogram in a few weeks, but that it is not to tell her what the sex of the child is. As he left the room, I said enjoy the next 6 months.
We made her appointment for the sonogram. Driving home she just rattled and rattled about so and so and how unfair it is that she can’t find out whether she is having a boy or a girl. She didn't listen to anything I had to say. I dropped her off, “love you, bye”
She immediately called her sister and this is what she got out of the whole day.

“They are going to do a sonogram, but they won’t be allowed to tell me whether it is a boy or a girl because the insurance won’t pay for that”.

That’s my girl.
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 3:19:13 PM EDT
Glad you have patience,sounds like you're going to need lots of it.
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 4:53:14 PM EDT
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 5:55:33 PM EDT
i dont want to laugh at your child, so i give you a
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 6:01:19 PM EDT
If she was a few years older, I'd swear I'd dated her.
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 6:01:21 PM EDT
My wife is the same way. Although I will say that she is exactly like her mom. You could leave the house to go to the store, and when you returned, her mom would still be chatting away at the empty house.

I have learned to "Yes dear, no dear, my wife based on cadences and body language...

Works great until she is really mad at me for something. Then she gets all sweet and nice before letting me have it.
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 7:24:36 PM EDT
My little sister is that way too. I love her to death but I'm very glad she lives 1500 miles away. Patty
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 7:35:38 PM EDT
you my dear have to have the patience of a saint. You brought a much needed smile to my face after a long day.
Top Top