Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
12/6/2019 7:27:02 PM
Posted: 3/16/2011 12:58:01 PM EST
http://www.startribune.com/local/117805398.html

Though blogger John (Johnny Northside) Hoff told the truth when he linked ex-community leader Jerry Moore to a high-profile mortgage fraud, the scathing blog post that got Moore fired justifies $60,000 in damages, a Hennepin County jury decided Friday.

The jury awarded Moore $35,000 for lost wages and $25,000 for emotional distress.

Highlights:
Blogger reports the truth about a man committing fraud.
Man committing fraud loses job.
Man committing fraud is unable to sue for libel because it was true.
Man committing fraud sues blogger for lost wages and emotional distress instead and wins.

Every member of that jury needs to be beaten. I guess when someone calls 911 on me and I lose my job because I am in prison I am just going to have to sue the caller for my lost wages and the distress of being put in prison.
Link Posted: 3/16/2011 12:59:27 PM EST
[Last Edit: 3/16/2011 1:00:45 PM EST by Admiral_Crunch]
This is why good people need to stop trying to get out of jury duty. American Idol juries are destroying this country.

COC prevents me from saying what I would do instead of paying if I couldn't appeal that stupidity.
Link Posted: 3/16/2011 1:00:08 PM EST
[Last Edit: 3/16/2011 1:00:22 PM EST by Admiral_Crunch]
doubletap
Link Posted: 3/16/2011 1:00:14 PM EST
Appeal
Link Posted: 3/16/2011 1:00:39 PM EST
Originally Posted By Admiral_Crunch:
This is why good people need to stop trying to get out of jury duty. American Idol juries are destroying this country.

I have no idea what went on in this situation, but your statement is 100% correct.
Link Posted: 3/16/2011 1:02:15 PM EST

COC prevents me from saying what I would do instead of paying if I couldn't appeal that stupidity.

Yup
Link Posted: 3/16/2011 1:12:17 PM EST
[Last Edit: 3/16/2011 1:12:27 PM EST by Angelshare1]
Don Allen was originally named as a co-defendant because he sent a letter to the U of M urging Moore's termination, then copied the letter to Hoff's blog. Before the case went to trial, he settled with Moore and testified against Hoff. Allen, who operates his own blog, "The Independent Business News Network," applauded the verdict.

"It's unfortunate for all bloggers, but you have to have some sense of responsibility," he said. "You have to attack the issues, not the individuals."

This Don Allen guy sounds like a piece of work. I'll send this damning info to his employer, then let you post it, settle with the guy, then say how irresponsible it was to post my letter I sent you.

Link Posted: 3/16/2011 1:17:50 PM EST
Originally Posted By pops2element:

Yup

What's the old joke, your fate is being decided by 12 people too stupid to get out of jury duty.
Link Posted: 3/16/2011 1:26:00 PM EST

Originally Posted By Angelshare1:
What's the old joke, your fate is being decided by 12 people too stupid to get out of jury duty.

I've noticed that jurors are continuing to look less and less like my peers...
Top Top