Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/1/2001 5:56:25 PM EDT
Looked at one today, very impressive rifle. I liked the straight pull design as well as the design of the stock. Light overall weight even with the Leupold Tactical scope on it. Anyone out there own one? Thoughts, opinions? They wanted about $2300 for the rifle alone. Anyone else see them cheaper?
BrenLover
Link Posted: 9/1/2001 8:55:51 PM EDT
[#1]
M16Man,

I saw one at the range.  I have seen many pics over the last year on the net and have often wondered if they were that cool in real life.  Seems as if they are.

I have no idea where to buy them or for how much.  I do know, I like.  Good luck.

James
Link Posted: 9/1/2001 10:29:47 PM EDT
[#2]
If you like the Blaser take a look at the SAKO TRG-21/41 !!  I fell in love with one of those a couple of weeks ago at a gun show.

.308 , .300WinMag , or .338 Lapua

Fine Fine rifle!

Best trigger I've ever squeezed in a rifle except for a Anschutz target .22

Link Posted: 9/2/2001 6:38:27 AM EDT
[#3]
The Blaser Tactical is now available in 338 laupa now as well! Have not seen one though. I want..no I NEED one!
ANYONE have one??? Anyone have one to lend me to try and see if I like it? [:D]
BrenLover
Link Posted: 9/3/2001 12:12:42 AM EDT
[#4]
BTT
Link Posted: 9/3/2001 12:33:41 AM EDT
[#5]
Hi,

I paid $2500 roughly for my Blaser R93 CISM matchrifle locally here in the Netherlands just recently. The model I pursued is configured for 300 meters UIT style matches specifically.

But one question remains, are you refering to the 'old style' R93 Tactical (the UIT and CISM models are build on the same receiver) or the new LRS 2 rifle with its heavy synthetic stock?

Cheers,
RG.nl
Link Posted: 9/3/2001 12:47:26 AM EDT
[#6]
[img]http://home01.wxs.nl/~teuni041/Cover/Foto_Album/Web/Leeuwe/Dsc00016.jpg[/img]
Is this what your are refering to?
Link Posted: 9/3/2001 2:47:04 AM EDT
[#7]
I've looked at them too.  I guess the only thing other than the price that scares me is what if the thing doesn't shoot for beans?  It is no big thing to spin up a new barrel for a Rem, Win, etc. but I don't know how a guy would make one for the Blaser.  Is the area that the locking lugs expand into part of a barrel extension (ala AR15) or machined right into the barrel?  How is the barrel held into the receiver?
Link Posted: 9/3/2001 3:17:05 AM EDT
[#8]
Bollocks, what is the differnece between the new and old versions of the tactical? I would assume I looked at the latter you described. How do you like yours? How does it shoot? It seems like a nice heavy duty rifle. BTW, what is that device on the end of your barrel? A muzzle brake?
Thanks,
BrenLover
Link Posted: 9/3/2001 6:58:58 AM EDT
[#9]
Hey there is 2 of them in that picture! post some targets so we can see how tight she can shoot, also what caliber?

Man I feel like selling off just a few guns and buying one...
Link Posted: 9/3/2001 12:30:50 PM EDT
[#10]
scarecrow, I was really impressed with the one I looked at. Alloy stock, I believe, had a good feel to it. You could cycle the action VERY quickly, made and enfield action feel like a single shot.

BrenLover
Link Posted: 9/3/2001 2:02:23 PM EDT
[#11]
Alright, as I will sell the AR10T and a few other long guns I own. Owning 50 guns with registration now is just too much money...
Link Posted: 9/4/2001 11:50:52 AM EDT
[#12]
Scarecrow, forgot to mention that you can get it in 4 or 5 calibers and you can swap barrels to change calibers easily (according to what I have read.)
BrenLover
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top