Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/30/2001 11:56:24 AM EDT
Ok, I just bought a Kimber Ultra CDP, and I need a concealment holster.  I've read some of the other posts on here that said the Blade-Tech IWB is a good one.  I like that it's plastic/Kydex/whatever, and therefore lightweight and waterproof.  But my main concern is, is it comfortable?  I would think leather would be more comfortable as it would flex and mold a little.  I've never worn an IWB holster, so I'm pretty much in the dark here.  I've looked at leather holsters, but I'm pretty much out of luck unless I want to order a custom holster.  Nobody seems to stock leather IWBs for Kimber Ultras, and I want to carry this gun soon, not in 8-12 weeks.  Any help would be appreciated.

Oh, by the way, does anyone know where to find the cheapest, quality .45ACP ammo?  Is Ammoman.com about the best going?  I can't see spending $15 a box at the local sporting goods store if I can get it cheaper.  Thanks.

SeMPer Fi

(Edited to modify the topic title)
Link Posted: 9/30/2001 12:29:48 PM EDT
[#1]
I carry with a Comp-Tac Kydex IWB shirt tucker. The belt clip rides behind the holster so the holster is really thin. I find the Kydex to be more comfortable because it is thinner than leather. Also you will get a quicker draw with the Kydex because it is slicker than leather.
Here is a pic of the IWB shirt tucker.
[img]http://www.comp-tac.com/images/tch/Holster_TCH_small.jpg[/img]
[img]http://www.comp-tac.com/images/tch/Holster_45Deg_small.jpg[/img]
[img]
Link Posted: 9/30/2001 3:25:42 PM EDT
[#2]
I love Kydex holsters but inside the pants I preffer leather. check out Tatical Tools all holsters are hand fit and less money.
Link Posted: 9/30/2001 3:33:17 PM EDT
[#3]
I carry a Glosck 30 in a Blade-Tech IWB and it is my favorite rig. It is really comfortable and maintains its shape after drawing which makes reholstering easy. Plus, you can clean it in the kitchen sink.
Link Posted: 9/30/2001 5:01:04 PM EDT
[#4]
Well, of the few responses I got, I guess the general consensus is that Kydex is relatively comfortable.  Thanks for everyone's input.

Anybody have any ideas on cheap, quality .45ACP?

SeMPer Fi
Link Posted: 9/30/2001 5:46:03 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Well, of the few responses I got, I guess the general consensus is that Kydex is relatively comfortable.  Thanks for everyone's input.

Anybody have any ideas on cheap, quality .45ACP?

SeMPer Fi
View Quote

Check [url]www.ammunitionstore.com[/url]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top