Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
11/9/2018 9:21:38 PM
Posted: 3/12/2005 3:06:27 PM EST
One of the all time greats. Harrison Ford was awesome and Rutger Hauer was Skinny.
Great movie IMHO
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 3:07:53 PM EST
[Last Edit: 3/12/2005 3:08:09 PM EST by ARDunstan]
One of the few movies that were actually better
than the book.
IMHO.
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 3:08:18 PM EST
"He say....you brade runner!"
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 3:13:15 PM EST
The version they played is the pan and scan, overdubbed dialog with a lot of missing scenes. You need to get the DVD.
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 3:14:30 PM EST
One of the best scenes ever, at the end on top of the building.....ahhh, nevermind. Don't want to spoil it!
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 3:42:41 PM EST
supposedly this is the original cut not the director's cut
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 3:58:56 PM EST
I'm convinced Dekert is a replicant after watching the Director's Cut.
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 4:05:13 PM EST
[Last Edit: 3/12/2005 4:08:44 PM EST by DOW]
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 5:09:09 PM EST
I tried to watch it.... all I saw was funny painted cars turning left... a lot.
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 5:12:28 PM EST

Originally Posted By The_Neutral_Observer:

"Tell him I'm eating."
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 5:14:37 PM EST

Originally Posted By ARDunstan:
One of the few movies that were actually better
than the book.
IMHO.

Man that must have been a boring book.
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 5:16:22 PM EST
Director's Cut is the ONLY way to go.

Almost a different movie
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 5:17:10 PM EST

Originally Posted By fight4yourrights:
Almost a different movie

Well, it is. Deckard is a replicant in the DC, and a human in the other version. The whole movie is different.
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 5:22:23 PM EST
[Last Edit: 3/12/2005 5:23:51 PM EST by Alien]

Almost a different movie

How? All they did was take out Harrison Ford's narration, add 2 unicorn scenes, and make Tyrel's death less violent. I've read up a bit on the arguments for and against Deckard being a replicant, and it only makes sense that he's NOT. He had low physical strength, low tolerance for pain like normal humans, and WTF would the police hire a replicant for to hunt replicants?
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 5:29:43 PM EST
The police would outsource bladerunning to replicants because they don't want to get killed. They'd already outsourced off planent combat jobs to replicants. Why not have a skin job do replicant termination instead of doing it themselves? Just plant some phony memories to make it think its a cop. And if a lot of them get killed--well, Tyrell corporation can make more.
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 5:32:11 PM EST

Originally Posted By Alien:

Almost a different movie

How? All they did was take out Harrison Ford's narration, add 2 unicorn scenes, and make Tyrel's death less violent. I've read up a bit on the arguments for and against Deckard being a replicant, and it only makes sense that he's NOT. He had low physical strength, low tolerance for pain like normal humans, and WTF would the police hire a replicant for to hunt replicants?

the unicorn shows that the cop knows what implants Deckard has. Deckard is also a lower nexus, not a superhuman. Besides that, the freaking director came out and said he is on TV. what more do you want?
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 5:38:39 PM EST
[Last Edit: 3/12/2005 5:41:41 PM EST by fight4yourrights]

How? All they did was take out Harrison Ford's narration

Which was for the RETARDS that couldn't keep up

add 2 unicorn scenes

Which said a ton about Deckard himself

I've read up a bit on the arguments for and against Deckard being a replicant, and it only makes sense that he's NOT.

In the narrated version I never gave it a thought that he might be. The Director's Cut gives a strong implecation that he is.

He had low physical strength, low tolerance for pain like normal humans,

You don't want HIM to believe he's a replicant, he might go rogue.

WTF would the police hire a replicant for to hunt replicants?

Who would be better?

Make him too non-human, and you've got a problem - replicants are illegal on earth.
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 7:46:05 PM EST
[Last Edit: 3/12/2005 7:47:47 PM EST by rlc]
i noticed that all the replicant's eyes seem to glow or reflect like a cat, the human's didn't
in one scene in his apartment, after rachel saved his life, he walks behind her, camera is showing each one's face, and his eye's are glowing
but

it's only a movie.......

and a damn good one at that

ETA: the book was ok, it helped explain a few things (the owl and snake for example), but it was not the best sci-fi i have read

Link Posted: 3/12/2005 8:07:59 PM EST

Originally Posted By smokycity:

Originally Posted By The_Neutral_Observer:

"Tell him I'm eating."

Captain Bryant toka. Me ni omae yo.
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 8:30:20 PM EST

Almost a different movie

there's also the ending in the original, where he and rachel drive off together
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 8:39:22 PM EST

Easily one of the top 5 sci-fi movies of all time.

In the top three too.

Maybe even #2.

Link Posted: 3/13/2005 3:02:34 AM EST
I pulled out the Director's Cut before I got too into watching the pan-and-scan edited-for-TV shit.

I still like to believe that Deckard is a human being who is just so burned out that he's taken on the emotional response patterns of a replicant, but that point is ambiguous. Still love the ending.

Great plus for showing Johanna Cassidy nude. Great body and it made me think of "Buffalo Bill", one of my all-time favorite TV shows.
Link Posted: 3/13/2005 4:05:45 AM EST
Link Posted: 3/13/2005 4:48:40 AM EST
One of the Best Sci-Fi movies of all time.

They need to digitally re-master the movie and put it in 5.1 DTS .

Link Posted: 3/13/2005 5:10:54 AM EST

Originally Posted By RyJones:

Almost a different movie

the unicorn shows that the cop knows what implants Deckard has. Deckard is also a lower nexus, not a superhuman. Besides that, the freaking director came out and said he is on TV. what more do you want?

Did you ever read the book? I could never quite pin down if Dick was trying to make him a replicant or not. Maybe I just have a hard time keeping the two movie versions and the book straight.

The book is very much worth reading and is only boring if someone has no imagination.
Top Top