Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
11/24/2017 4:44:23 PM
11/22/2017 10:05:29 PM
Posted: 9/27/2004 8:07:58 AM EST
[Last Edit: 9/27/2004 8:09:49 AM EST by Happyshooter]
This from a city with well known black voting fraud. Most of the polls are located at black churches, and everyone knows that they schedule dinners at the church the night of the election.

The church then drives around with the poll book picking up people and driving them to their free meal (free as long as they vote the right way, supervised by one of the many revs at each church).

They also keep the polls open until 11PM, which is when the meals close down.

Blacks face voting hurdles
Monday, September 27, 2004
MIKE THOMPSON
THE SAGINAW NEWS
Apathy isn't the only reason for low voter turnout among blacks, says the leader of the Saginaw branch of the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People.

Some blacks feel "intimidated" about going to the polls, says Leola Wilson, Saginaw NAACP branch president.

Wilson offered her remarks after Linda V. Parker, director of the Michigan Department of Civil Rights, emphasized the importance of voting to an audience of 400 Sunday during the Saginaw NAACP's annual Freedom Fund dinner at the Horizons Conference Center in Saginaw Township.

Wilson said her 18-year-old daughter, Susan Taylor, encountered difficulty voting in the August primary because of an address change.

"We have a lot of people who are mobile, and if Susan had not had voting ingrained in her, she might not have followed through to vote in August," Wilson said.

Parker told the audience that her research indicates that slavery abolitionist Frederick Douglass made a speech in Saginaw on Jan. 31, 1868, encouraging blacks to exercise their right to vote.

The 50th anniversary of the U.S. Supreme Court's 1954 school integration decision in Brown vs. Topeka, Kan., Board of Education remains a civil rights landmark, Parker said.

"We have made some strides," Parker said, "but there still is unfinished business."

Wilson said Saginaw NAACP organizers face frustration in attempts to improve the percentage of black residents who vote.

"People think that if their credit is bad, or they rent, that they can't be eligible to vote," Wilson said. "It's a psychological thing in some cases. Some people think they can only vote if they own their own home."

Wilson emphasizes that the Tuesday, Nov. 2, ballot goes beyond choosing Republican President George W. Bush or the Democratic challenger, Sen. John F. Kerry of Massachusetts. Saginaw voters also will decide whether to form a City Charter commission that could overhaul the local form of government.

"Too many people don't view local issues as important," Wilson said.

The Saginaw NAACP is hosting City Charter candidate forums at 3 p.m. Sunday at Zion Missionary Baptist Church, 721 Johnson, and at 7 p.m. Thursday, Oct. 7, at the Castle Museum of Saginaw County History, 500 Federal. A general forum for various candidates is at 3 p.m. Sunday, Oct. 31, at Zion Baptist.v

Link Posted: 9/27/2004 8:17:55 AM EST
What bullshit. There is so much corruption in regards to voting in all the major urban areas, and they scare off any sort of scrutiny by crying "racism".

The Democrat party would go the way of the Whigs if it weren't for the corruption in the Black community.
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 8:19:06 AM EST

Originally Posted By Jeepster:
What bullshit.

True.......but typical of the victim mentality that they will NEVER give up.
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 8:21:32 AM EST

"People think that if their credit is bad, or they rent, that they can't be eligible to vote," Wilson said. "It's a psychological thing in some cases. Some people think they can only vote if they own their own home."

Sort of an automatic "too stupid to vote" system, eh?
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 8:31:16 AM EST
Wilson said her 18-year-old daughter, Susan Taylor, encountered difficulty voting in the August primary because of an address change.

I guess she should have contacted them when she moved.
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 9:01:50 AM EST

Blacks face voting hurdles............"People think that if their credit is bad, or they rent, that they can't be eligible to vote," Wilson said. "It's a psychological thing in some cases. Some people think they can only vote if they own their own home."

Black, white , hispanic, asian etc. ad nauseum......blah,blah blah . ANYBODY that fucking stupid regardless of race probably doesn't NEED to vote because they will almost certainly not KNOW what they are voting for. In which case they can cause more damage than good regardless what their assumed political agenda may be.

I get so sick of this shit. Race is not an excuse for ignorance any more than it is the CAUSE of it.
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 9:03:03 AM EST

Blacks face voting hurdles

Well, I guess it would be hard to vote if you're functionally ILLITERATE.
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 9:23:52 AM EST
[Last Edit: 9/27/2004 9:30:33 AM EST by junebug68]
You know what? I am so fucking tired of their VICTIM MENTALITY. It's funny, but it never takes Asians or other minority groups very long to get their shit together and become productive members of American society. Know why? Because they don't want eveyone to feel sorry for them all the time, and almost always make it on their own. If I were a black man, I would be thoroughly insulted by Affirmative Action and the like. Hell, if you ask me, fucking whiny clowns like Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton help to perpetuate the victim mentality because if it went away, they might just have to get a real job. Fucking pathetic.
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 9:33:23 AM EST

Maybe they think they're still living in the Confederacy and if that's the case they should vote for the party of Lincoln.

The larger question seems to be do these people have any idea what the issues are (other than government largesse) or who the candidates are (other than are they Dem or Repub.) or what they stand for. My guess is they haven't a clue but will take the one that's given to them.
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 12:24:20 PM EST

Originally Posted By JIMBEAM:

I guess she should have contacted them when she moved.

And take responsibility for her own actions? What the hell are you thinking?
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 12:27:43 PM EST

Originally Posted By bgenlvtex:

Blacks face voting hurdles............"People think that if their credit is bad, or they rent, that they can't be eligible to vote," Wilson said. "It's a psychological thing in some cases. Some people think they can only vote if they own their own home."

Black, white , hispanic, asian etc. ad nauseum......blah,blah blah . ANYBODY that fucking stupid regardless of race probably doesn't NEED to vote because they will almost certainly not KNOW what they are voting for. In which case they can cause more damage than good regardless what their assumed political agenda may be.

I get so sick of this shit. Race is not an excuse for ignorance any more than it is the CAUSE of it.

+1
Top Top