Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/25/2005 8:41:37 PM EDT
 I know there are many companies who sell tactical nylon gear and equipment for the active person, I just wanted to get anyone's opinion on Blackhawk's products ? Are there products to expensive or overrated and what would you consider buying from them if the prices were within your budget? Any advice would be greatly appreciated?

Pancho
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 8:44:41 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 8:45:16 PM EDT
[#2]
If I remember right they started out with their stuff being made in the US.  The stuff was really high quality and everyone really liked it.  Then I think they moved production overseas and quality fell.

I really like thier stuff and feel its well made.  The only product of theirs that bothers me is their holsters with the carbon fiber sticker.
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 8:52:35 PM EDT
[#3]
i like my BH stuff and we sell some too but the made in vietnam thing bugs me
BH recently bought  another company to make stuff in the USA to comply with the Berry amendment .
im guessing .mil and .gov guys get the US stuff and everyone else gets the VC made stuff
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 8:54:44 PM EDT
[#4]
skip Blackhawk and buy Tactical Tailor gear...it's made in the U.S.A. in Tacoma, WA.
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 9:10:00 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
skip Blackhawk and buy Tactical Tailor gear...it's made in the U.S.A. in Tacoma, WA.

+1
I have gotten stuff from Tactical Tailor while I was in the Army.  It stood up extremely well, and was top notch considering it's cost.  Nice people too.

-Ben
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 9:14:04 PM EDT
[#6]
Try Eagle Industries, Spectra Gear (CQM Solutions), High Speed Gear Inc...etc.  I have good luck with these manufactuers, and I believe they are all made in USA.
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 9:23:26 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
If I remember right they started out with their stuff being made in the US.  The stuff was really high quality and everyone really liked it.  Then I think they moved production overseas and quality fell.

I really like thier stuff and feel its well made.  The only product of theirs that bothers me is their holsters with the carbon fiber sticker.

Quality is the same, most people just don't like buying stuff made in Vietnam.

Sadly I find it superior to a lot of US made stuff like Eagle. If price and quality were comparable I'd prefer to buy stuff made in the US. But that isn't the case and I have a LOT of Blackhawk gear.

Also hard to beat that lifetime warranty.
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 9:48:01 PM EDT
[#8]
I use some S.T.R.I.K.E. stuff
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top