Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/1/2007 10:06:00 PM EDT
Is it just me or does Blackhawk Down just plain kick ass 110%?

Watching it (again) tonight and just wakes me up and both makes me proud of our Fighting men and the incredible odds they overcame to fight in the Battle of Mogadishu

BIGGER_HAMMER
Link Posted: 12/1/2007 10:21:42 PM EDT
[#1]
You're right, of course, but you're supposed to lambast Bill Clinton for putting our troops in harms way with a 'policing' mission and inadequate support.
Link Posted: 12/1/2007 10:30:24 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
You're right, of course, but you're supposed to lambast Bill Clinton for putting our troops in harms way with a 'policing' mission and inadequate support.

Everyone always forgets that clinton put our troops in harms way many times, I always enjoy telling libtards just this fact when they bring up the war and bill..
Link Posted: 12/1/2007 10:41:10 PM EDT
[#3]
I'm sure that Klinton II would NEVER allow our fighting men (& women) to be in harm's way without ALL the possible weapons and support possible eh?   Oh you say that she is already trying to do that now with our service people in the Middle East again?

God Bless them for their fighting spirit and sticking out the fight to win in the end.

Sadly for everyone, (especially the Sammies) is that Somalia shows what happens when the military is pulled out before the political foundation is set for a country to govern itself.  I think anyone who hates America, should get a rendition to Sudan, Somalia or North Korea.

BIGGER_HAMMER
Link Posted: 12/1/2007 10:46:23 PM EDT
[#4]
I've been watching it this week as well.
Link Posted: 12/1/2007 10:49:24 PM EDT
[#5]
The only thing I wished in the movie is the dillon aero worked and he coulda cut em down by the row. But yes it does kick ass 110%
Link Posted: 12/1/2007 10:57:56 PM EDT
[#6]
In before someone tells me I'm not a man for not having seen this movie.
Link Posted: 12/1/2007 11:01:30 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
The only thing I wished in the movie is the dillon aero worked and he coulda cut em down by the row. But yes it does kick ass 110%
I'm pretty sure it wouldn't have worked unless he had a stack of 12V batteries handy.
Link Posted: 12/1/2007 11:02:06 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Link Posted: 12/1/2007 11:08:12 PM EDT
[#9]
duh!
Link Posted: 12/1/2007 11:09:26 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Is it just me or does Blackhawk Down just plain kick ass 110%?

Watching it (again) tonight and just wakes me up and both makes me proud of our Fighting men and the incredible odds they overcame to fight in the Battle of Mogadishu

BIGGER_HAMMER

Yeah...oh wait!  This just in!  Water's wet!  
Link Posted: 12/1/2007 11:12:06 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Your a gay man?
Link Posted: 12/1/2007 11:13:34 PM EDT
[#12]
About the only thing wrong with BHD (that I noticed) is that the RPG effect is completely wrong. Oh well.
Link Posted: 12/1/2007 11:15:53 PM EDT
[#13]
/\/\/\ There's some "historical" mistakes made in the nature of consolidating it into a movie and some names, but nothing worth making a fuss about (like "Grimes" wasn't named that, Griz Martin made it to Germany before passing away, "Sanderson" throwing the grenade instead of using a M203, etc.) There aren't many other mistakes because many of the pilots were from the 160th and some of the extras were Rangers from the 3/75th.

Good movie, I have trouble watching the part with Smith, but at least they toned it down from the book (and I assume reality).

From IMBD's trivia page:

On the last day of their week long Army Ranger orientation at Fort Benning, the actors who portrayed the Rangers received a letter which had been anonymously slipped under their door. The letter thanked them for all their hard work, and asked them to "tell our story true", signed with the names of the Rangers who died in the Mogadishu firefight.
Link Posted: 12/1/2007 11:32:17 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
/\/\/\ There's some "historical" mistakes made in the nature of consolidating it into a movie and some names, but nothing worth making a fuss about (like "Grimes" wasn't named that, Griz Martin made it to Germany before passing away, "Sanderson" throwing the grenade instead of using a M203, etc.) There aren't many other mistakes because many of the pilots were from the 160th and some of the extras were Rangers from the 3/75th.

Good movie, I have trouble watching the part with Smith, but at least they toned it down from the book (and I assume reality).

From IMBD's trivia page:

On the last day of their week long Army Ranger orientation at Fort Benning, the actors who portrayed the Rangers received a letter which had been anonymously slipped under their door. The letter thanked them for all their hard work, and asked them to "tell our story true", signed with the names of the Rangers who died in the Mogadishu firefight.

Link Posted: 12/2/2007 7:21:52 PM EDT
[#15]
BHD inspired me to putting a AH-6 Littlebird with Miniguns on the Very Top of my "Gotta Get" list if I hit the lottery big!

BHD is pretty unflinching on the cost of combat for the soldiers.  That made it all the more powerful in the same way as Saving Private Ryan Vs. the old school quick and easy out war deaths of the old school John Wayne type war movies.

BIGGER_HAMMER
Link Posted: 12/2/2007 7:24:28 PM EDT
[#16]
That was the last movie I saw in a theater.  I saw it twice.

Best war movie ever.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top