Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/2/2006 8:10:25 AM EDT
So apparently Donovan McNabb said something about Terrel Owens the other day and likened what Terrel said about "Farve would be undefeated on the eagles"  to being black on black crime??

I think he even said somthing how it would not have been as bad if Terrel had mentioned some other black QB than a white one.

I realize black on black crime means a black guy stealing from a black guy, but is there any difference between that and black on white? white on black? white on white? hispanic on black?  

I personally think something like the black on black description is racially motivated and not physical description motivated.

Thoughts?

Link Posted: 2/2/2006 8:15:20 AM EDT
[#1]
you would be correct. it is a double standard. much like a "hate crime". a violent assault on a homosexual man should carry no more legal weight than a violent assault on a hetero man. but it does.

black-on-black crime is defined as:  "when Buck Nasty touches himself"  HAHAHAHA
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 8:20:07 AM EDT
[#2]
I've always thought that statement "Black on black crime" was utterly fucking retarded. I always thought that crimes against anyone was equally wrong, but apparently black on black crime is the absolute worst, somehow worse that say black on white crime or whatever.

People are just flat out retarded, there's no other explanation for all of this idiocy.

When I hear people say that, I think "Why not just take a stand against crime in general, and that would also take care of so called black on black crime too". Apparently commiting crime in and of it's self is not a problem, just who the crime is commited against.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 8:22:23 AM EDT
[#3]
Sounds more like black on black whine to me.  

Link Posted: 2/2/2006 8:22:50 AM EDT
[#4]
I thought it was McNabb accusing Michael Irvin of black on black crime. Maybe I didn't hear the whole thing correctly. McNabb seems bitter. I did hear Michael Irvin's rebuttal on SportCenter last night, who tried to explain his what he said. I think it's all bullshit anyway. WTF should McNabb care what Irvin thinks?

Sounds like he took the whole thing out of context to begin with....
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 3:33:54 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
you would be correct. it is a double standard. much like a "hate crime". a violent assault on a homosexual man should carry no more legal weight than a violent assault on a hetero man. but it does.

No, a "hate crime" is when one beats up a homo strictly because he's a homo, not to rob him or because they had words. Huge difference.

Link Posted: 2/2/2006 3:36:22 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

I realize black on black crime means a black guy stealing from a black guy person,

Not just stealing: rape, robbery, murder, etc. etc.

Seems like I read 70% of black crime perp stats involve a black victim?????

Link Posted: 2/2/2006 3:57:07 PM EDT
[#7]
And the funny thing is that they don't want you to hate Terrell Owens for saying it, they want you to hate Bret Favre cause he got mentioned.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 4:00:22 PM EDT
[#8]
There was a bill board in down town Birmingham a few years ago, that stated, "last year, there were 105 homicides in Birmingham, 95 were black on black, stop the insanity"  Gave the appearence, that it would not be such a big deal, if more whites were killed. I know that wasn't the intent. Black on black crime is a daily topic of the Birmingham media, but for some reason whites are still viewed as the oppresser?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top