Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/26/2006 9:17:55 PM EDT
Anyone familiar with these dopes?They are anarchists who show up at protests to cause caos and damage property and fight with the police. I have searched the web on them but it's difficult to understand their dogma, or what the hell they want for that matter. They are supposedly going to Chicago to do their thing on the 18th of March and I will be in riot gear for sure ,what can I expect?What weapons do they use?
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 9:23:55 PM EDT
[#1]
No info on the web???

Check with your state intel or agency intel. They should have plenty of info.

If they do show, you will be challenged and they try and film everything for a marketing ploy.

They are the extreme of the protestors.
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 6:52:40 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks, and yes there is info. on the web but it's mostly their members ranting about how much they hate thr police, large corporations, banks, etc. What I'm looking for is what kind of tactics they use. I have just got a refresher course on crowd control where the instructors threw plastic bottles of water and tennis balls at us while trying to break our line. Has anyone here come up against these guys? I know they will try to make us look bad in front of the media, but what will they do or what have they done in the past?
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 8:17:29 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 9:01:31 AM EDT
[#4]
crnumber said, "...what can I expect?"

Stick Time Baby!
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 10:12:37 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Anyone familiar with these dopes?They are anarchists who show up at protests to cause caos and damage property and fight with the police. I have searched the web on them but it's difficult to understand their dogma, or what the hell they want for that matter. They are supposedly going to Chicago to do their thing on the 18th of March and I will be in riot gear for sure ,what can I expect?What weapons do they use?

I'm in the Chicago area too and on a riot squad.  What's going on March 18th and why do you think these guys are coming?  I thought the only thing going on lately was the protests against the Minutemen.  If it's a secret, feel free to IM me and I'l give you my work number.        
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 3:15:08 PM EDT
[#6]
Looks like they are in the business of causing some shit.  I hope they come to DC sometime so I can get some stick time.  

Looks like the foreign factions of Black Bloc are a bit more violent than the American factions, but nonetheless, it might be a long day in CDU gear.  

Who woulda thunk that protestors golf too?

Link Posted: 1/27/2006 9:56:49 PM EDT
[#7]
Buckey, I work for CPD in the 11th district on a tac team. My team just went through some riot training and we were told that the Blac bloc were going to show up for the upcoming March 18th war protest. I think the training was quite good and we are ready for them. I just want to know what they like to throw at us really, I bet it will be worse than water bottles and tennis balls. Where are you, if not the city I don't think they will bother. Yes we were told to make sure to bring our batons, but most of us have the ASP now.
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 10:34:56 PM EDT
[#8]
I've never heard any direct purpose behind the BB other than to cause holy hell during protests sponsored by other groups.
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 9:33:56 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Buckey, I work for CPD in the 11th district on a tac team. My team just went through some riot training and we were told that the Blac bloc were going to show up for the upcoming March 18th war protest. I think the training was quite good and we are ready for them. I just want to know what they like to throw at us really, I bet it will be worse than water bottles and tennis balls. Where are you, if not the city I don't think they will bother. Yes we were told to make sure to bring our batons, but most of us have the ASP now.

I work in S/W corner of Lake County and am on a regional multi-agency team.  I cover part of our team with a less lethal SL-6.  We had two call outs in the last six months for protests against the Minutemen.  Both were no big deal.  

On our second call out I was told that there were "professional rioters" in the crowd.  A team leader pointed out a small goup of what appeared to be young white hippies.  They were all carring backpacks that looked loaded down with something.  When they noticed me taking an interest in them they began pointing at me and talking trash as they hid in the front rows by women and children.  A while later the crowd had moved slightly and they were now very much exposed.  When they realized it I raised my visor and smiled at them.    They must have gotten the message and moved to the very rear of the lines and then left.  I have no idea who they were, but they stood out in the crowd.  They also lead many of the chants.

If you get called out, I now look for the folks with backpacks or cloths with lots of pockets.  The people that are leading the more radical chants will get your attention, however the guy leading the chant is not the one who is going to throw the first item to touch things off.  

Link Posted: 1/29/2006 12:42:03 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
crnumber said, "...what can I expect?"

Stick Time Baby!

Link Posted: 1/29/2006 11:03:03 PM EDT
[#11]
Their much publicized tactics are not what anyone has to worry about.  The following is:

Instructions:
"Go to a rifle, pistol or skeet shooting range, spend an hour shooting to saturate clothing with smell of gunpowder, go directly to a New Jersey Transit, LIRR or subway train headed for Penn Station.

"Try to have at least two people on a train in different locations, sit or stand near the doors as the train approaches the station, try to get near police and dogs, loiter as long as possible around the dog, try to pet it if possible.

"If the dog alerts on your scent, do not leave or resist; the situation will cause a major disruption of the train schedule. ... If there is more than one person on the train that causes a dog to alert, you can bet that the train will not be going anywhere for a long time ... neither will any trains behind it.

"It is important that the police call in all possible resources to investigate the situation. ... This will result in the maximum disruption."

On top of the spotlight, they want genuine financial and logistical turmoil.  Participants are generally poor rabble.  The few I've had contact with are heavy drug users.  These are NOT your typical leftist college kids.  These folks don't even know what a college looks like... and they fight dirty.  

Be liberal with the stick if the occasion should arise!  

- BG

Link Posted: 1/30/2006 5:46:55 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Looks like they are in the business of causing some shit.  I hope they come to DC sometime so I can get some stick time.  

Looks like the foreign factions of Black Bloc are a bit more violent than the American factions, but nonetheless, it might be a long day in CDU gear.  

blogs.ya.com/tamaro/files/BlackBloc2_g.jpg

www.chambrenoire.com/031/altermondialistes/img/011.jpg

Who woulda thunk that protestors golf too?

www.lamiaterraan.it/images/Scontri_020.jpg

Which way to the airsoft forum again?
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 6:39:17 PM EDT
[#13]
So basically we're looking at an "active" anti-WTO/neo-hippie group, right? Get ready for the skateboards.

When these trust fund and collge scholarship babies take off the diapers convering their faces, maybe I'll take them a little more seriously as a real political movement.

As long as they remain a bunch of poseurs hiding behind daddy's lawyer and a black t-shirt, I say "Stick 'em[/b]!"
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top