Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 2/1/2011 4:38:12 AM EDT
This is during the SR-71 phase where it switches between being the pilot and a guy on the ground. I’m in a mountain comms center. I just destroyed the comms. I follow the team out onto a metal walkway and a bad guy comes around a corner of the mountain and shoots an RPG destroying the walkway and splitting me from the rest of the team.

RPG blows a huge gap in the walkway. I can’t jump across it, I can’t parachute off the ledge as I am not close enough to the jump point, I can’t shoot the bad guy before he shoots the RPG.

One guy yells avalanche and tells me to get off the ledge. Before I can do anything, I get a prompt that says “failed to stay with the team”.

How the fuck do I stay with the team when the game won’t let me jump across the gap in the walkway? WTF?
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 4:40:49 AM EDT
You need to make the jump.

It took me a few tries, but eventually I got over. You need to get a running start first then jump it. After that just follow your guys. It took my about 10 tries to finally get past that point.

Link Posted: 2/1/2011 5:28:16 AM EDT
Thanks. I'll keep trying. Tried like 20 times already.
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 7:11:54 AM EDT
run/sprint then jump . . .no way you can just jump from standstill and make it
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 11:44:46 AM EDT
Immediately sprint then jump across the gap
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 11:45:25 PM EDT
Made it and finished the game yesterday.

My patience ran out. Maybe one shouldn't play shooter games with PTSD.
Link Posted: 2/2/2011 12:43:42 AM EDT
My boy was having head fits with this one too. Took me a couple attempts before I managed to get through it.
Link Posted: 2/2/2011 12:48:17 AM EDT
switch to pistol to get the speed up when your sprinting.
Link Posted: 2/2/2011 12:50:24 AM EDT
Black Ops = Mario Brothers the Shooter
Link Posted: 2/2/2011 2:21:58 AM EDT
Originally Posted By Grimjaw5:
Black Ops = Mario Brothers the Shooter*

*See here for details.
Top Top