Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/21/2012 9:39:05 AM EDT
Has anyone purchased it yet?  Is it like Black Opps 1, better or worst...

Link Posted: 11/21/2012 9:47:07 AM EDT
[#1]
It's like black ops 1 and mw3 had a retarded baby.

Link Posted: 11/21/2012 9:47:15 AM EDT
[#2]
I played it over this passed weekend.. It feels like CoD with new map pack and gun pack.. It's pretty much the same as the last 87 CoD's.
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 9:48:37 AM EDT
[#3]
It sucks. Too much futuristic weapons shit for me. The new Medal of Honor is way better. Get that instead.
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 9:49:12 AM EDT
[#4]
its ok not liking it all that much.

maps suck to
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 9:49:14 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I played it over this passed weekend.. It feels like CoD with new map pack and gun pack.. It's pretty much the same as the last 87 CoD's.

Pretty much.
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 9:49:33 AM EDT
[#6]
Not worth the money. The only reason COD has demand is because of peer pressure. They made a great game called COD4 and they have been leaching off the success of that game from the last 5 years. I will buy a COD game when they make good ones again.

Until then, BF3, Warfighter... Then BF4.

I will be productive and make a lot of money before the economy shit cans.
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 9:50:16 AM EDT
[#7]
They have turned into a NCAA/Madden game in that they release the same game every year
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 9:50:30 AM EDT
[#8]
Get Borderlands 2
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 9:51:03 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

It sucks. Too much futuristic weapons shit for me. The new Medal of Honor is way better. Get that instead.

Medal of Honor - War fighter...correct

Link Posted: 11/21/2012 9:51:38 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

MOH got pretty bad reviews from what ive seen, what do you like about it?
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 9:53:25 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Not worth the money. The only reason COD has demand is because of peer pressure. They made a great game called COD4 and they have been leaching off the success of that game from the last 5 years. I will buy a COD game when they make good ones again.

Until then, BF3, Warfighter... Then BF4.

I will be productive and make a lot of money before the economy shit cans.

BF4 is going to suck ass. In the New Gaming Order tradition, it will just be a rehash of BF3 with some different weapons and new maps. Maybe a new vehicle or two.
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 9:53:54 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:

MOH got pretty bad reviews from what ive seen, what do you like about it?

MP on MOH from 2010 sucked. Campaign was cool though. MOH Warfighter has fun MP.
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 9:57:34 AM EDT
[#13]
it's the same old respin of MW1, which is good or bad depending on if you liked the franchise

the weapons aren't really all that futuristic... SCAR-H, M4 carbine, M7, KSG, remington 870, FAL, all pretty standard guns.

they put back in quick scoping because all the fucktard uberleet sniporz complained that you actually had to stop, shoulder, and aim your sniper rifle in the last MW.

they did fix the knife lunge which was at times ABSOLUTELY ridiculous but unlike every other FPS it's one melee from the front instead of two.

i like the hardpoint mode, it's like a sweet combination of domination and HQ. kill confirmed is also a good mode which negates snipers camping in the back of the map and calling in scorestreak rewards since someone actually has to collect your dogtags for the team to win.
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 10:00:28 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

That battle where you have to control everything was lame as hell.  Too much story telling also.  I just want to shoot people.
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 10:00:31 AM EDT
[#15]
Bought it yesterday, single player sucks. Feels like the First black ops single player, waves and waves of mindless enemies graphics are meh. Just doesn't feel like they put that much effort into the single player.When you shoot a FN Fal it's like your shooting a spitball. Compared to Medal of honor Warfighter this game just kinda blows.Only part of single player I actually liked was the strike force or whatever it's called, where you command troops and have to defend or attack an objective.

I ran into several glitches too. There was one level were I was driving in a convoy and the game would just say that I failed. Had to restart the level do it several times then it finally worked.

Played zombies for awhile, it's just like the retarded black ops 1 version of zombies. You can't choose your guns there is no good place to make a stand and you have to run around unlocking areas and making parts for a bus.Ugggg

Why can't they make a good version of zombies? Where you can pick your guns, pick where you want to fight and blow up zombies with tanks,ect?

Also the driving portions of this game are terrible.

Haven't played online yet btw.
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 10:06:30 AM EDT
[#16]
They need to patch the lag differential really bad. On my screen somebody comes around a corner and appears to kill me instantaneously but on the kill cam, they come around the corner, see me, have a really slow reaction, and then kill me. I routinely get raped in B Ops 2 but have damn good K/D ratios in all the other COD games...
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 10:07:47 AM EDT
[#17]
I feel sorry for anyone that pays 60 bucks for that abomination.
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 10:09:34 AM EDT
[#18]
COD has been fail ever since MW2. They are trying to somehow capture the success MW had and they have yet to do so.
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 10:14:29 AM EDT
[#19]
The campaign mode is pretty good, although it's a bit short. But still pretty good. The multiplayer mode is awesome. I like the wide array of weapons available. You can even use a LaRue OBR!
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 10:16:57 AM EDT
[#20]
It's ok so far if you just want to run and gun , which isnt much different than the last one.

I hate the quick scope again, the time it takes to balance teams, and some of the lag issues.

Again, take the game play and go back in time and slowly progress with the weapons to modern stuff.

Link Posted: 11/21/2012 10:18:02 AM EDT
[#21]
I love it, but having grown up on Operation Wolf, I'm pretty easy to please.  The maps are small, and kind of run and gun maps.  But thats' what kind of game COD is.  If you want larger maps play BF3, which I do as well.  I like the guns.  You start off with much better guns in BOII than the previous games.  I also love the fact that I own many of the guns in the game, like the FN 45 tac, the SCAR H, the Keltec KSG.  The only thing I like about MW3 better is that there are more options to play in hardcore mode - which I pretty much did exclusively.  I am forced to play core games in BOII.  I just feel like it takes way too many shots to kill someone in the core mode - both in BOII and MW3.  But for that matter, BF3 is even worse.

My favorite part about BOII is that the fluidity and the sound is better than in any of the other games - more similar to BF3.
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 10:21:27 AM EDT
[#22]
Agreed, Lag comp is rediculous. I am hating putting hits on people, and then dieing in one shot where in the kill cam they came around a door and unloaded on me some how. O I get behind cover on my screen only to die because lag comp on the other end says I never moved.

The maps are all very small and frantic, to many sight lines and corners to watch. There is no real flow to any of the maps because the spawns are so random. It makes spawn camping a non issue, but it also makes an issue of the ememies spawning right behind where you were just at and shooting you in the back. Yesterday I spawned into one of those seeker jet bombs. Like spawned, didnt move and bomb dead again.

I really feel that alot of things need to be fixed in this game, but I dont think some of them can be. Maps are crazy like i said which plays well to the "run and shoot" crowd who likes to do the 360 degree spin and no scope snipe attempts, but is just dumb for anyone trying to play tactical like COD4 and MW2 allowed you to do. Cant name the number of times I have passed a room or hallway just to have someone spawn besides me as i run by and shoot me.

Pat
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 10:27:15 AM EDT
[#23]
I like it and hope to Prestige again over the long weekend.  The new class setup format is cool.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 10:36:34 AM EDT
[#24]
BF3>COD BO2, BO1, MW3, ect.
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 10:45:16 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Agreed, Lag comp is rediculous. I am hating putting hits on people, and then dieing in one shot where in the kill cam they came around a door and unloaded on me some how. O I get behind cover on my screen only to die because lag comp on the other end says I never moved.

The maps are all very small and frantic, to many sight lines and corners to watch. There is no real flow to any of the maps because the spawns are so random. It makes spawn camping a non issue, but it also makes an issue of the ememies spawning right behind where you were just at and shooting you in the back. Yesterday I spawned into one of those seeker jet bombs. Like spawned, didnt move and bomb dead again.

I really feel that alot of things need to be fixed in this game, but I dont think some of them can be. Maps are crazy like i said which plays well to the "run and shoot" crowd who likes to do the 360 degree spin and no scope snipe attempts, but is just dumb for anyone trying to play tactical like COD4 and MW2 allowed you to do. Cant name the number of times I have passed a room or hallway just to have someone spawn besides me as i run by and shoot me.

Pat

Play it on PC and marvel at how these problems aren't.
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 10:47:46 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
BF3>COD BO2, BO1, MW3, ect.

I don't have a console. But if they make a BF4. I would think about getting one
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 10:54:35 AM EDT
[#27]
I've been enjoying this one. Im not sure why but this seems to be the only COD Im any good at. The new MOH was pretty weak in my opinion, which sucks because I REALLY wanted to like it. I enjoyed the first ones campaign a great deal, but this one just felt kind of weak and forced in comparison.

Short answer: Get it. It's fun, the single player is good (not great, but definately well into good territory), and the multiplayer is a blast, especially if you are playing with some freinds.
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 11:24:49 AM EDT
[#28]
I like Black Ops better than the MW series, Black Op2 feels like MW4.  Shooting seems to be more about who can jerk the trigger faster (so connection speed and ping is huge).  I can hold my own in Black Ops, not a super stud but I usually break better than 1:1.  

I don't like the weapon progression, I would rather do the challenges and earn money to buy the attachments.  The story line was ok, it allowed you to do a choose your adventure, so there is some changes in the story depending on your choices.  

I was really looking forward to Black Ops2, I have been seriously considering selling it as I haven't cashed any of the codes.
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 11:30:12 AM EDT
[#29]
I swear, most of you are borderline illiterate.
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 11:33:15 AM EDT
[#30]
I haven't played it, don't intend to. I'm not paying $60 for a rehash of MW3 or Bloops 1. I'm assuming its the same as Black Ops, as MW3 was pretty much the same shit as 2, and from the E3 game play trailer I watched, some of the characters were still there(Mason for example).

I also tried to play MoH: Warfighter, but the controls felt extremely numb, and aiming seemed like a fucking headache. This was on the 360, so I'm sure it was partly due to the fact I haven't played a 360 since building my PC many months ago.
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 10:03:19 AM EDT
[#31]
I rented it through redbox.  Kept it five days.  

The campaign was confusing and did not last very long.  I felt the same about black ops1.  It seemed like it was overly complicated and tied together poorly.

The multiplayer is decent.  The maps were better than MW3 IMO.  
I didnt like the fact that you could only have 10 perks, accessories, weapons, etc.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top