Black Metal Only

Immortal - One by One
Link Posted: 4/18/2008 7:43:20 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Black Metal Only

Immortal - One by One

Best band!!

i can't seem to get on youtube at the moment so i'll link it later but...
Darkthrone

Mayhem

Emperor

Link Posted: 4/20/2008 10:11:25 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 4/20/2008 10:36:45 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 4/20/2008 11:58:30 AM EDT
[#5]
Emperor FTW
Link Posted: 4/27/2008 4:49:15 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
img.photobucket.com/albums/v70/ZakkWylde470/Funnies/bm3.jpg

LMAO - I almost roll on the floor laughing every time I see that photo...  

Sorry, but OMG these guy's suck ass.    You guy's actually listen to that crap?  I had a headache in 20 seconds.

IMO, metal is not just about looking/acting as VILE AS ABSOLUTELY POSSIBLE with a ridiculous BPM and absolutely no real guitar talent.  Sure, their drummer is pretty tight, but OMG the music and vocals SUCK.  

IMO, Black Metal bites rotten llama sphincter.
Link Posted: 4/28/2008 1:26:30 AM EDT
[#7]
I like the first Dark Funeral cd.  Dimmu Borgir is pretty good too.
Link Posted: 4/28/2008 4:19:46 PM EDT
[#10]
ABIGAIL WILLIAMS

Trym, the drummer for Emperor, is recording the drum tracks on their upcoming album.
Link Posted: 4/29/2008 11:17:36 AM EDT
[#11]

Link Posted: 4/29/2008 11:22:10 AM EDT
[#12]
The original Black Metal and still by far the best

VENOM: BLACK METAL
Link Posted: 4/29/2008 2:29:38 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

VENOM...ahh the early days of metal.  LOL, I was 12 when that was released.

Link Posted: 4/29/2008 3:30:41 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

VENOM...ahh the early days of metal.  LOL, I was 12 when that was released.

VENOM is pure fucking evil, and I love em' for it
Link Posted: 5/7/2008 11:03:42 PM EDT
[#15]
height=8
Quoted:
I like the first Dark Funeral cd.  Dimmu Borgir is pretty good too.

:( Dimmu is not real black metal.

I personally like a lot of black metal been listening to old Behemoth and Gorgoroth a lot lately along with some Abruptum,Darkthrone, Dark Funeral,Gallhammer,(old) Ulver,Leviathan,Marduk,etc. Being a Christian, Black metal is probably one of the worst things I could listen to but... there are some pretty good Christian BM bands like Slechtvalk,Antestor, Parakletos,Shadows of Paragon,Frosthardr,Admonish,etc

Death to mallcore \m/
Link Posted: 5/10/2008 6:46:39 PM EDT
[#16]
Metallica, Slayer, S.O.D. ........ All good.

The stuff in this thread is the Suxxxx0r5.

And the linked page about ridiculous pictures has someone's junk hanging out in the end .... thanks.

Link Posted: 5/11/2008 4:43:51 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

And the linked page about ridiculous pictures has someone's junk hanging out in the end .... thanks.

Metallica, Slayer and S.O.D are NOT black metal

The fact that you think they are, shows that you do not know that of which you speak.
Link Posted: 5/12/2008 10:45:49 AM EDT
[#18]
Im sorry, I take Poison and Warrant MUCH more seriously as metal bands than any Black Metal act I have seen yet.  I can't take the black and white make up seriously, I mean please, you're not KISS, you'll never be 1/20 as popular or successful as KISS, so quit with the makeup already.

Savatage
Queensryche
Voivod
Dream Theater
Crimson Glory

gimme those guys any day of the week, the ICP wannabe death metallers can suck it.
Link Posted: 5/13/2008 1:31:39 AM EDT
[#19]
The pagansmurf recommends:

Abyssic Hate
Alcest (emo-black)
Astriaal
Burzum
Drudkh
Horna/Satanic Warmaster
Mütiilation - Sorrow Galaxies
Pest - Lifit es daudafaerd
Shining
Xasthur
Link Posted: 5/13/2008 5:00:07 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

The fact that you think they are, shows that you do not know that of which you speak.

I don't think he was claiming those bands were death metal, just that he likes the music they make and not death metal.
Link Posted: 5/13/2008 6:11:37 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I don't think he was claiming those bands were death metal, just that he likes the music they make and not death metal.

Well, the thread is about Death Metal so they are irrelevant
Link Posted: 5/13/2008 7:01:25 AM EDT
[#22]
Death metal != Black metal
Link Posted: 5/16/2008 10:28:00 PM EDT
[#23]
Any VON fans?
Link Posted: 5/17/2008 5:24:29 AM EDT
[#24]
look into obituary....or sword
Link Posted: 5/17/2008 5:34:12 AM EDT
[#25]
They look real scary!
Link Posted: 5/18/2008 6:29:01 PM EDT
[#26]
The first and 2nd obituary records are fucking great!
Link Posted: 5/18/2008 6:29:41 PM EDT
[#27]
AKA make-up metal
Link Posted: 5/18/2008 6:32:01 PM EDT
[#28]
I kinda like Living Colour...
Link Posted: 5/18/2008 6:52:38 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
I kinda like Living Color...

lol
Link Posted: 5/20/2008 3:47:58 AM EDT
[#30]
height=8
Quoted:
height=8
Quoted:
height=8
Quoted:

And the linked page about ridiculous pictures has someone's junk hanging out in the end .... thanks. he

Death metal is NOT black metal.
Link Posted: 5/20/2008 5:47:14 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Death metal is NOT black metal.

Link Posted: 5/26/2008 11:10:34 AM EDT
[#32]
Metal Archives - Black Metal band list (14,000+ bands)

I'm more into death and power metal but I love black metal.

Most people don't know the deferences in metal genres and don't know any bands outside of Metallica,Pantera,Slayer,etc. Though there are a lot of mallcore bullshit bands like S.O.A.D, Slipknot,Atreyu,BFMV, etc that claim to be "Metal", these bands are pretty much what most people think "metal" is or what it's all about.

Black Metal is an Extreme form of metal that usually uses a higher pitched tuning than that used in Death metal or other similar genres. It also uses fast tempos, non conventional song structures, and "shrieking" vocals that make it sound unique.

Black metal was founded on primarily thrash metal bands such as Venom,Hellhammer, Celtic Frost and Bathory. In the early 90s during the 2nd wave of Black metal most BM bands were Norwegian such as Burzum,Darkthrone and Emperor.

Me since I'm a Christian I'm drawn more towards "Unblack" metal which is Black metal but a lot of people in the black metal community try to disown it and keep it separate since black metal was born with the intention of encouraging anti-Christian views.

Horde is a one man BM band that is credited as the first Christian BM band with the album Hellig Usvart(Holy Unblack). Other notable Unblack bands are:

-Antestor
-Vaakevandring
-Frosthardr
-Drottnar
-Sanctifica
-Crimson Moonlight
-Admonish
-Slechtvalk
-Frost Like Ashes

It [black metal] doesn't necessarily have to be all satanic as long as it's dark.(Sigurd Wongraven, Satyricon)

Black metal, along with other forms of metal, is often though of as evil and Satanic which it is not, just as we say guns are not evil, music is not evil.  
Link Posted: 5/27/2008 12:13:21 AM EDT
[#33]
Not a huge fan of black metal (bigger fan of death and thrash) but there are a few OK bands.

Drudkh
Agalloch (black metal influenced)
Enslaved
Negura Bunget
etc

Never really got into the raw black metal stuff.  Just doesn't interest me, especially since it sounds like they're recorded through an answering machine with a dead rat over the microphone - here's looking at you Mayhem.
Link Posted: 5/28/2008 1:33:51 AM EDT
[#34]
Check out Windir andrasik. Pretty good folk/viking BM, that is if you haven't already listened to them.
Link Posted: 5/28/2008 3:37:30 AM EDT
[#35]
Check out Xasthur too if you like Drudkh.
Link Posted: 5/31/2008 11:23:25 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
Check out Xasthur too if you like Drudkh.

I swear one of my friends might worship Xasthur...
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 6:29:19 PM EDT
[#37]
Black metal for people who like musicality:

Burzum
Emperor
Enslaved
Graveland
Gorgoroth
Varathron

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top