Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/6/2001 7:17:07 AM EDT
Columbia Pictures will now release ``Black Hawk Down'' in December, versus the originally planned March debut. Alright !!!, now if its half as good as the book I'll be happy.
-rogerb
Link Posted: 11/6/2001 9:14:49 AM EDT
[#1]
Somebody correct me if I'm wrong, but it's going into limited release in December.  It will open in LA and NYC only in December.  Since you live in NY you will probably have to go into the city to see it.  It doesn't open up everywhere until 01-18-02 I believe.
Link Posted: 11/6/2001 9:58:28 AM EDT
[#2]
Can't wait for the release here in WA...great book.  Makes me sick what happened over there.  Clinton and the UN bungling around like a bunch of idiots while my bros from 3rd Batt. were left stranded.  18 dead Rangers/Delta and over a thousand dead Somalies.  They kicked ASS, regardless.  Everybody should see this film and,hopefully,learn something from it.

Curt
Olympic Arms
2/75 Rangers (92-93)
Link Posted: 11/6/2001 10:42:34 AM EDT
[#3]
They are putting out in Dec. for a limited release to be eligible for this year's Oscars.
Link Posted: 11/6/2001 10:56:17 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Can't wait for the release here in WA...great book.  Makes me sick what happened over there.  Clinton and the UN bungling around like a bunch of idiots while my bros from 3rd Batt. were left stranded.  18 dead Rangers/Delta and over a thousand dead Somalies.  They kicked ASS, regardless.  Everybody should see this film and,hopefully,learn something from it.

Curt
Olympic Arms
2/75 Rangers (92-93)
View Quote

It definately showed you how important communications is in a battlefield.  
Link Posted: 11/6/2001 11:02:24 AM EDT
[#5]
Windtalkers was pushed back to June wonder if there is a connection...
Link Posted: 11/6/2001 11:35:26 AM EDT
[#6]
But will the movie deal with the real issues.  Why Clinton sent our boys in with no clear mission.  Why Aspen did not supply armored support.  And how they pulled out when they realized they caused a cluster fuck.  And emboldened Osama into the mess we are in now.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top