Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 1/21/2002 3:55:33 PM EDT
Just saw the movie. It was good. I have seen a lot of posts regarding it in the last few months. Thought I would sheare this poem I found regarding that mission. Unfortunate Losses Anon I watched on the television today as yet another politician spoke Long after the gunfire had faded, far away the battle's smoke The speaker in a starched white shirt, black paint in our skin's crease To our unending chagrin spoke he: "We regret yesterday's unfortunate losses, the price paid for peace" There is much you cannot understand: For each loss is to us a brother killed Not from birth, perhaps, but loved just the same To some just a statistic, number, or mark on a chart But each a mother and fathers' son We don't direct policy or choose where we fight Nor complain or question the wrong or the right We don't draft treaties or question our call No - we are but simple soliders all. But know this, hear it loud and clear We don't fight for you, nor give you any thought We fight for our buddies and our team We care not for those who don't understand, Many, at times like this, it would seem. Remember Casey, Dom, Rich, Lorenzo, James and Jamie Who brought the fight, unrelenting, to the enemy Remember Jim and Cornell We will remember how they lived and how they fell Remember Cliff, Ray, Donovan, Tommy and Wild Bill Brave Night Stalkers whose hearts are now still, Remember Dan, Earl, Gary, Randy, and Matthew Whose uncommon valor is far and few For we, the chosen few, know that behind the "unfortunate losses" Lie the hearts, souls, and minds of brave and daring men Who loved their country and believed in their creed Sacrificing all without question... To them all we send our love, and Godspeed.
Link Posted: 1/21/2002 3:58:31 PM EDT
Next, I would also like to remind everyone, although that was a shitty day, guys like the aviator in the 160th loose people every year and we don't hear about it. following is a list from 81-97. Just something to think about... 1981 CW3 John W. Williams LTC Michael C. Grimm 1982 SGT Ricky D. Zizelman 1983 CW4 Ralph L. Thompson CW2 Donald R. Alvey SGT Claude J. Dunn SP4 Jerry L. Wilder PFC Gregory D. Eichner CW4 Larry K. Jones CW3 Thomas B. Crossan III CW2 James N. Jansen SSG Mark J. Rielly SSG Luis A. Sanchez SSG Mark D. Cornwell CPT Robert E. Brannum WO1 Allen E. Jennings CW2 David W. Jordan CW3 William H. Tuttle SP4 Richard J. Thompson CPT Keith J. Lucas 1985 1SG Ronnie R. Orebo 1987 CPT Frederick M. Maddock II 1988 CW3 Stephen A. Hansen CW3 Jerry H. Landgraf 1989 1LT John R. Hunter CW2 Wilson B. Owens 1991 CPT Charles W. Cooper CW3 Michael F. Anderson SSG Mario Vega-Velazquez SSG Christopher J. Chapman 1993 MAJ Robert P. Mallory CW4 Clifton P. Wolcott CW3 Donovan L. Briley CW4 Raymond A. Frank SSG Thomas J. Field SSG William D. Cleveland Jr. 1994 CW3 Carlos P. Guerrero 1995 SSG Edwidge Pierre SGT Jeffrey D. Tarbox 1996 CW5 Walter M. Fox CW3 Pierre R. Desroches CW3 William R. Monty Jr. SSG Tracy A. Tidwell SSG Bradley C. Beem 1997 SGT Edward G. Palacio Aviator [img]www.milpubs.com/aviator.gif[/img]
Top Top