Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 12/18/2003 9:06:55 AM EDT
I did a search here but didn't reveal anything on this DVD from the History Channel so I thought I'd ask. Has anyone ever seen this program on the History Channel? Is it worth buying? Meaning, it's not crap like so many others?

I've got a good library going of all the conflicts back to WWI with video footage etc.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 12/18/2003 9:08:47 AM EDT
Read the Book
Link Posted: 12/18/2003 9:13:20 AM EDT
Get the deluxe edition set of BHD and it has the history channel and pbs documentary of the events in somalia. I like em both.
Link Posted: 12/18/2003 9:13:21 AM EDT
Originally Posted By sgtar15: Read the Book
View Quote
I have, but I also want the History Channel program for my DVD library. Thanks.
Link Posted: 12/18/2003 9:17:48 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/18/2003 9:49:04 AM EDT by FishKepr]
I'd put a higher prioity on reading the book. However, there's an easier way than ordering the DVD from History Channel. If you pick up the Special Edition 3 DVD set of the feature film, it actually includes the History Channel special on one of the discs. That set also includes a running commentary version from actual combatants, including Lt Col. McKnight, and MSgt Eversman. And best of all, it's the same price as the History Channel DVD alone! Edited to add: (sigh) Beaten out again.....
Link Posted: 12/18/2003 9:18:41 AM EDT
It is worth getting if you haven't seen it before. For more of the true story read "In the Company of Heroes" if you haven't already.
Link Posted: 12/18/2003 9:23:24 AM EDT
I recorded it when it was on TV. I have read the book and seen the movie, but think it gives a little perspective on some of the things the movie passed over quickly.
Link Posted: 12/18/2003 9:32:46 AM EDT
You guys solved my woes! Thanks a ton, I just bought the 3 disk set for $29, and since it includes the movie (which I have already, oh well) the history channel doc. and the PBS version, it's the same price as the HC wants for theirs. Once again reminded of why I come here every day.
Link Posted: 12/18/2003 12:08:45 PM EDT
Originally Posted By FishKepr: I'd put a higher prioity on reading the book. However, there's an easier way than ordering the DVD from History Channel. If you pick up the Special Edition 3 DVD set of the feature film, it actually includes the History Channel special on one of the discs. That set also includes a running commentary version from actual combatants, including Lt Col. McKnight, and MSgt Eversman. And best of all, it's the same price as the History Channel DVD alone! Edited to add: (sigh) Beaten out again.....
View Quote
Got to be quicker than that when it comes to BHD questions!!! Yeah the commentary during the movie are by Eversmann, McKnight, Hairell(sp?), and Lee VanArsdale(sp?). It is quite good! You did the right thing by getting the deluxe edition set. It goes into so much detail from the making of the movie to getting the actors ready for the movie. Also, it shows every camera angle when they filmed the insertion sequence at the start of the raid.
Link Posted: 12/18/2003 12:29:13 PM EDT
Where can I buy the Delux set? Is it avalible in stores or do I need to get it from History channel.com? Also are thier any good documentrys that connect to the movie "We were soldiers"? Maby a history vs hollywood? My dad watched that movie then read the book... At the end of the movie where it shows the peoples names who died in those battles several of them went to HS with my dad. thanks
Top Top