Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/6/2002 4:45:35 PM EDT
Does anyone know which Stevie Ray Vaughan song was in BHD? The song starts playing about 30 when the Black Hawks and Little birds are leaving the base headed for Mog....I believe it was...Tightrope?

Anyway the BHD sound track does not list this song..What gives????

[:P]
Link Posted: 3/6/2002 4:56:43 PM EDT
[#1]
Same as the soundtrack doesn't list the Elvis track, "Caught In A Trap". Too bad, I think there were a couple of other tunes that are not listed either.
Link Posted: 3/6/2002 5:19:17 PM EDT
[#2]
Escapee, it was [i]Voodoo Chile[/i]
Link Posted: 3/6/2002 5:21:40 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Does anyone know which Stevie Ray Vaughan song was in BHD? The song starts playing about 30 when the Black Hawks and Little birds are leaving the base headed for Mog....I believe it was...Tightrope?

Anyway the BHD sound track does not list this song..What gives????

[:P]
View Quote

Dude, are you serious?? The song is called Voodoo Child (slight return) and is a cover of the Jimi Hendix song of the same name.
Link Posted: 3/6/2002 5:31:17 PM EDT
[#4]
The Hendrix version is the best.

Tyler
Link Posted: 3/6/2002 5:35:59 PM EDT
[#5]
Dude, are you serious?? The song is called Voodoo Child (slight return) and is a cover of the Jimi Hendix song of the same name.

455SD what am I seriouse about?? Just asking a question, like I said above I did not know which song only took a guess...

Tuukka, Tyler thanks for the replys..
Link Posted: 3/6/2002 6:05:56 PM EDT
[#6]
While we're on this topic, what's that song playing in the background when the Rangers and Delta guys are gearing up to head to Mogadishu? They show it playing through speakers when the song first starts if that helps. Thanks...
Link Posted: 3/6/2002 6:21:28 PM EDT
[#7]
There were some cool songs in the movie but the soundtrack is all samalian music
Link Posted: 3/6/2002 8:41:03 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
While we're on this topic, what's that song playing in the background when the Rangers and Delta guys are gearing up to head to Mogadishu? They show it playing through speakers when the song first starts if that helps. Thanks...
View Quote

I'm pretty sure it is Falling to Pieces by Faith no More.

Escapee--i'm just jerking your chain because i figured [i]everybody[/i] knows that song.
Link Posted: 3/6/2002 9:11:40 PM EDT
[#9]
So anybody know what that Scottish sounding song is during the closing titles right before it goes into the Mogadishu music?  TIA.
Link Posted: 3/7/2002 4:13:41 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
The Hendrix version is the best.

Tyler
View Quote

Agreed.  I wish they had used the Hendrix version.  More biting.
Link Posted: 3/7/2002 4:26:59 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 3/7/2002 4:28:37 PM EDT
[#12]
McGrubbs,

Thanks. All 3 times I've seen BHD (no- really I have) stayed through the credits and kept missing the name and title of the song. Excellent song.
Link Posted: 3/7/2002 6:13:27 PM EDT
[#13]
"Minstrel Boy" is Irish not Scottish....for anyone who cares..

lyrics as follows:

The Minstrel Boy to the war is gone
In the ranks of death you will find him
His father's sword he hath girded on
And his wild harp slung behind him
"Land of Song!" said the warrior bard
"Tho' all the world betrays thee
One sword, at least, they rights shall guard
One faithful harp shall praise thee!"
The Minstrel fell! But the foeman's chain
Could not bring that proud soul under
The harp he lov'd ne'er spoke again
For he tore its chords asunder
And said "No chains shall sully thee
Thou soul of love and brav'ry!
Thy songs were made for the pure and free,
They shall never sound in slavery!"

Hans Zimmer, who created the official soundtrack explains that: "I wanted the music to portray two tribes. One was a techno tribe, which is America. They have all of the technology. The other tribe is ethnic instruments, which is the Somali world. These two tribes collide, and music is what shows the gulf between the two cultures. It's also a way of turning the myth of the universal soldier into flesh and blood, because this is a story that could take place during any war, at any time."

"One thing I wanted from the score was unpredictability. I wanted us to feel like the soldiers in the field, who never knew where the next bullet was going to come from."

crap!! gotta run! my choc lab is gnawing on the bottom of my guitar!!!
Link Posted: 3/7/2002 10:30:59 PM EDT
[#14]
cdyow,

Thanks for background and lyrics. Thought it was excellent contrast in music. So then Joe Strummer and the Mescaleros are what became of The Clash?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top