Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/5/2002 10:12:20 AM EDT
For those that had it on pre-order like me, can hardly wait for the package to arrive. For those that didn't be quick or be backordered [:D]

Link Posted: 6/5/2002 10:20:26 AM EDT
[#1]
Retail release of Black Hawk Down DVD isn't until June 11th.

[url]http://www.dvdtalk.com/bargain.html[/url]

A Special Edition of Black Hawk Down is rumored to come out this FALL.
Link Posted: 6/5/2002 10:26:01 AM EDT
[#2]
Yeah, all video (and music) releases are traditionally are on Tuesdays, so it sort of doesn't make sense for today to be the release date.

Brian
Link Posted: 6/5/2002 10:32:04 AM EDT
[#3]
Is it possible to find out if the Special Edition is true?  Because if it is I think I will cancel the preorder and wait...
Link Posted: 6/5/2002 10:54:32 AM EDT
[#4]
This is not the special edition,

Check out www.play.com, they have it on 24 hour notice. Preordered mine from DVDsoon in Canada, received email this morning that three dvd's [i]including[/i] blackhawk down had shipped.

Link Posted: 6/5/2002 11:09:39 AM EDT
[#5]
Wait for the special edition.

2 DVD's full of good stuff.

Av.

EDIT: The studio has promised a Special Edition is in the works. At this time, the release date is "Fall"

Here is a review for the "barebones" DVD. They make references to the Special Edition a couple of times.

[url]http://dvd.ign.com/articles/361/361188p1.html[/url]
Link Posted: 6/5/2002 11:13:28 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 6/5/2002 11:16:03 AM EDT
[#7]
Yea, I know. I'm really thinking about getting both editions, since I want to watch the movie NOW!!

Av.
Link Posted: 6/5/2002 11:18:49 AM EDT
[#8]
I hate it when studios do that...I have to buy the soundtrack to Phantom Menance again because the first one didn't have all the songs thinking to myself thats the only one that'll be released...oh to be stupid and not have waited 8 months...

Guess I'll cancel the Blackhawk order...
Link Posted: 6/5/2002 11:56:59 AM EDT
[#9]
Doesnt it piss you off when you buy a dvd and then they come out later with a special edition.
Link Posted: 6/5/2002 2:21:59 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Doesnt it piss you off when you buy a dvd and then they come out later with a special edition.
View Quote

"BIG TIME" [pissed] Pissed off is an understatement!!!
Link Posted: 6/5/2002 2:28:12 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote

There's been noise in the AV/Home theater circles that the movie theaters are planning on doing just that from now on.  The movie will be released first in a movie only version, with a special edition with extra features coming after.  It will suck if you buy lots of movies like I do.

Remember the Alamo, and God Bless Texas...
Link Posted: 6/5/2002 2:29:02 PM EDT
[#12]
Have some self control and wait for the Special Edition, the movie is that good where waiting only makes it better.....

Side note, watched "I left my Career Behind Enemy Lines" last night...Jeeze that was a worthless movie..

As far as war movies go Black Hawk Down is #1 and Red Dawn is #2....Saving Ryans Privates is a distant #Turd...

Hehe
Link Posted: 6/5/2002 2:53:16 PM EDT
[#13]
Yeah, canceled the Blackhawk pre-order...also canceled the LOTR pre-order in August...

Found out the Director's cut comes out in November and it'll have 3+ hours more movie and a few other bells/whistles.
Link Posted: 6/5/2002 6:56:35 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote
yes thats why i am waiting on BHS and LOTRs with rings being a 4 disk set!
Link Posted: 6/9/2002 9:04:11 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Yeah, canceled the Blackhawk pre-order...also canceled the LOTR pre-order in August...

Found out the Director's cut comes out in November and it'll have 3+ hours more movie and a few other bells/whistles.
View Quote

I wasn't sure whether to start a new topic because it's not really coming out today, it's Tuesday (June 11th). Target has it for $17.

Anywho, I'll get this one and the Special Edition. I don't mind if there are two releases, just as long as they are upfront (as in this case) in notifying us that there will be a Special Edition (which, it seems like most studios are doing). Apparently the SE is due sometime around Christmas.

As for LOTR, the first release is the theatrical release and the second one is the extended directors cut. [b]AND[/b] the supplemental material is different for each set.
Link Posted: 6/9/2002 9:22:24 PM EDT
[#16]
I'm in the video rental business. The day that videos are made available for rental is called the "street date" in the industry. Sam's Club, among others, is known for making releases available before the street date, and the Video & Software Dealers Association is taking a look at coming down hard on street date violators. Not sure what they can really do about it, but I think lawsuits are an option.
Link Posted: 6/9/2002 11:13:08 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote

Found that out a little while ago.  Thought it was released today, but Blockbuster is not releasing it until Tuesday.  
Link Posted: 6/9/2002 11:45:39 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

Found that out a little while ago.  Thought it was released today, but Blockbuster is not releasing it until Tuesday.  
View Quote

The general rule of thumb is that new videos/DVD's and CD's/tapes are released on Tuesdays, just as new movies come out on Wednesdays or Fridays.  Occasionally, a video will be released on another day, but it generally has to be something big or by a big name to skip out on this convention.  CD's on the other hand, are always on Tuesays.

Remember the Alamo, and God Bless Texas...
Link Posted: 6/10/2002 2:46:10 AM EDT
[#19]
Best Buy shipped mine on saturday, as for waitng for the special edition, as I posted once that best buy offered a 10.00 coupon good for any purchase when you ordered BHD , so I can always sell the early release for more than i paid for it on ebay, and have something to watch till november.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top