Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/28/2001 1:53:30 PM EDT
Well, waiting for my bus at the Pentagon, I finally noticed all the army officers wearing them today.  I'm not sure when they started wearing them but today I noticed.  One lady Major took hers off in the bus and she had a big crease across her forhead.  I guess the elastic or whatever is very tight.  Looks pretty uncomfortable from what they had before.

Saw a few large overweight guys wearing them and boy do they look silly.  Makes me want to [puke]

Link Posted: 6/28/2001 2:01:04 PM EDT
[#1]
We heard it was coming.  I guess it is here. Ugh.
Link Posted: 6/28/2001 2:03:39 PM EDT
[#2]
They will be Baby-Blue soon enough.
Link Posted: 6/28/2001 2:40:14 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
They will be Baby-Blue soon enough.
View Quote

The flash on them already is Baby Blue...

Aviator [img]www.dredgeearthfirst.com/aviator.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 6/28/2001 2:55:27 PM EDT
[#4]
Have had mine for `bout two weeks now, spends most of the time in the back seat collecting dog hair, fuckin` goofy hat!
Link Posted: 6/28/2001 2:56:23 PM EDT
[#5]
Aviator, you are correct.  The flash is baby blue with 13 stars surrounding their rank.  

The blue is Carolina Blue...  I can't stomach UN blue.  
Link Posted: 6/28/2001 3:51:35 PM EDT
[#6]
It also the color of the ribbon on the Medal of Honor.
Link Posted: 6/28/2001 6:46:44 PM EDT
[#7]
Light blue is also the color for Infantry.  I have an oportunity to go back in the reserves.  Do not know if I'll do it now, as I think general issue of an elite groups head gear is a bandaid approach to strengthen moral.  Good leadership, realistic and challenging training always gave me a woodrow to push on.
Link Posted: 6/28/2001 7:45:28 PM EDT
[#8]
Sorry ladies and Gentlemen,

But our military readiness (or lack thereof) is a MUCH bigger issue than what kind of cover we have on.

www.sfft.org

Bulldog out
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top