Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 12/31/2001 3:06:19 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/31/2001 3:07:46 PM EDT by ShoRyuKenSB]
Hey Guys, First let me say this is my 1st vest so if I sound like I have little knowledge of them that would be the case. My wife bought me one of these BlackHawks for X-Mas and I can't seem to get the right fit. The draw strings are pulled out as far as possible but still a tight fit around the chest area and the vest is above my navel about 1 inch, Is this normal or is there another size I will need? I am 6"2 and weight is 240lbs and the vest claims to be able to fit small to XXLarge but I can see how as I can't lower the vest and the pistol draw is near my chest. Any other guys have a problem with this? Here is the Ebay link where the vest was bought. http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1055874332 If it turns out that I am too large for this vest then what do you guys like for a good fit? Thanks for any help given. Steve.
Link Posted: 12/31/2001 4:43:45 PM EDT
^ :) ^
Link Posted: 12/31/2001 5:01:13 PM EDT
I have seen people cut a section of web belt and insert it along their side where the string is now. They attach it to the vest by weaving the string through the eyes on each end of the belt section. Cut it however long you need it. As for the height, have you adjusted the shoulder webbing yet? I think this vest has at least some adjustment there. Due to its design, you won't have as much adjustment as some types of vests do. Check out [url]www.lightfighter.com[/url] for more gear ideas.
Link Posted: 1/1/2002 6:22:28 PM EDT
Definately try adjusting the shoulders, there is velcro there that should adjust the height somewhat. One other thing to consider is that these vests were pretty much made to be worn with a web belt (that's what the keepers on the bottom are for) and I've found that using the belt really makes for a better fit. Keep playing around with it, it takes a little practice to get it adjusted just right.
Link Posted: 1/1/2002 9:13:31 PM EDT
im a big guy 6' and 265 and i had to have a husky size but its nearly too big though.i bought it from botach tactical.but i dont recommend them there kind of unpredictable.also every time i talk to them buy phone i have always talked to rag heads.
Link Posted: 1/2/2002 8:21:36 AM EDT
You are too big a guy. Give up on the vest and accept that you are meant to carry a belt fed weapon, therefore you have no need for mag pouches. Leave the vests to us svelt little twerps.
Top Top