Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 3/22/2006 7:26:01 PM EDT
For the last four months I have had an LRB M14SA barrelled reciever on backorder with the local funshop ($1200 store credit). I called them today and they said it would be another 4 weeks before they started filling backorders. I was very disappointed as they had promised it by Knob Creek! In the meantime, I have come by three AR lowers and got a hankering for a Glock 19. Today I cracked. I went ahead and used $450 of the credit to get the Glock, then suddenly I needed a DeSantis speed scabbard holster, two extra mags (just got my CCW), then I needed a set of KNS pins for my LRB AR lower (ironically purchased so I could have a matching set with the M14) and a BUIS for the flat top upper its going on. Since I have also caught the AR upper building bug I needed that barrel wrench too, and of course some TAP ammo for the Glock and some practice ammo, etc... By the time I was done I had used $750 of my hard saved store credit and I just told them to cancel the LRB order. I guess in the practical sense I will get more use out of the Glock than I would have the M14SA, and I am sitting on three ARs...

Ah well, I guess I can get one later... In the meantime I have all these great new toys...

Plus now I have a bunch of USGI M14 parts to sell...more money for fun stuff!
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 11:29:07 PM EDT
maybe you should change your name to desertvet556?
Top Top