Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
Durkin Tactical Franklin Armory
User Panel

Posted: 8/21/2017 11:33:39 PM EDT
how much of the water put down does this thing suck up?
I have an 86T3 unit.
when i use it, it will only pull back up maybe 10-20% of thee water it outs down. is this normal?
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 11:39:44 PM EDT
[#1]
Mine does a pretty good job of getting the water back up. It leaves the carpet only slightly damp and it dries fast.
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 11:42:28 PM EDT
[#2]
No clue. Yet my experience with consumer models of this is about five passes to take 90% of the liquid they put down. Seems only the industrial ones pick up 95% of the liquid on first pass yet it is run out of a van/truck of some sort to get that type of power to suck that liquid.
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 11:44:26 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Mine does a pretty good job of getting the water back up. It leaves the carpet only slightly damp and it dries fast.
View Quote
what % of the reclaim tank would you say gets filled back up?
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 11:53:08 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

what % of the reclaim tank would you say gets filled back up?
View Quote
Off of the top of my head, I would have to say 60 to 70 percent.
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 11:56:43 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
No clue. Yet my experience with consumer models of this is about five passes to take 90% of the liquid they put down. Seems only the industrial ones pick up 95% of the liquid on first pass yet it is run out of a van/truck of some sort to get that type of power to suck that liquid.
View Quote
This.

One pass isn't going to get all the liquid back up with a consumer model. Pay attention to how much liquid is put down because you don't want to get the carpet too wet, and then keep making slow passes to get most of it up. Aim a large box fan at the cleaned area to finish drying the carpet in several hours.

The $100-150 consumer models can do a decent job of cleaning carpet, but you have to be patient and take your time. Also, buy the cleaning concentrate and mix up your own cleaner, heat the liquid on the stove before pouring it into the carpet cleaner, and keep a squirt bottle with cleaning fluid in it and a fairly stiff brush for scrubbing bad stains.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 12:00:34 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

This.

One pass isn't going to get all the liquid back up with a consumer model. Pay attention to how much liquid is put down because you don't want to get the carpet too wet, and then keep making passes to get most of it up. Aim a large box fan at the cleaned area to finish drying the carpet in several hours.

The $100-150 consumer models can do a decent job of cleaning carpet, but you have to be patient and take your time. Also, buy the cleaning concentrate and mix up your own cleaner, heat the liquid on the stove before pouring it into the carpet cleaner, and keep a squirt bottle with cleaning fluid in it and a fairly stiff brush for scrubbing bad stains.
View Quote
this may be my issue. i walk about 5-10% the pace i normally walk when putting gown the liquid. and even slower on the return stroke. my logic was, if it does not get the carpet wet, it wont clean anything more than just the top surface. I can do 10 passes on the reclaim and it wont get up any more after the second or their pass.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 12:06:24 AM EDT
[#7]
Lift up on the handle as you pull the cleaner across the carpet. It pushes the suction nozzle down towards the floor more.

If the nozzle is clear plastic, watch the liquid being sucked up to determine when more passes don't pick up any more liquid. Ours (Hoover) has a swirl chamber that is a good indicator of how much liquid is still being pulled up.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top