Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/7/2003 8:25:13 PM EDT
Anyone shoot with a tripod instead of a bipod? If so, why? If you have but prefer a bipod, why? I'm looking for input into my bipod/tripod design.

Thanks,

CW
Link Posted: 12/7/2003 9:01:56 PM EDT
[#1]
Depends on what your shooting off of it. If its for an M2HB, I prefer the Tripod. If its for an AR the Bi-pod is the only way to go due to weight, manuverability and speed.

What is your bipod/tripod design?
Link Posted: 12/7/2003 9:13:53 PM EDT
[#2]
If its a tripod, it will look a little like the HK PSG1 tripod except for a V shaped deployable pair of arms. The setup will give an infinitely adjustable ranges of heights between 6' and 24" per a request from a previous thread I created. If a bipod, something along the same lines.

I have a Versapod bipod on my G3 and have played with the Harris family of bipods. Both have their strengths and weaknesses and I would like to see if I can do better. I think that with advanced materials and getting away from sliding tubes that a greater range of height adjustability and less complex adjustment can be had for the same or less weight.

As I mentioned in a previous thread I'm a mech engineer looking for a design challenge. If my design works well and you guys like it, I'll sell the units for whatever I can get them fabricated for.

Thanks FNG for the reply,

CW
Link Posted: 12/8/2003 9:03:26 AM EDT
[#3]
Very shameless BTT. Need input.

CW
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top