Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/3/2005 7:10:08 PM EDT
are you ready for the 12 monkeys scenario?

Might make a good movie ... have some looters break into the labs and get infected with a society killing bug ...

http://64.233.187.104/search?q=cache:JwjVia1H9RgJ:www2.tulane.edu/article_news_details.cfm%3FArticleID%3D5541+Tulane+University+Biodefense&hl=en

ulane University in New Orleans, Louisiana is a major biomedical research center. Tulane operates BSL-3 (BioSafety Level 3) facilities in New Orleans and is a partner in both the Western Regional "Center of Excellence" in Biodefense (led by the University of Texas Medical Branch in Galveston), and the Southeast Regional "Center of Excellence" (led by Duke University in Durham, NC). Both centers are funded by the National Institutes of Allergy and Infectious Disease (NIAID).
Tulane scientists are working with anthrax, plague, and other biological weapons agents.

The Tulane National Primate Research Center (TNPRC), located in Covington, LA, is a research facility housing 5,000 monkeys for biomedical studies. One of the first projects for the aerosol facility are pathogenesis studies involving spraying macaques with the biological weapons agent brucella. (Snip)
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 7:12:16 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 7:14:26 PM EDT
[#2]
So all those reports about people looking like "Zombies" were more true than we thought, weren't they?  
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 7:16:56 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
So all those reports about people looking like "Zombies" were more true than we thought, weren't they?  

Link Posted: 9/3/2005 7:19:47 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 9/3/2005 7:52:07 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
bl-3 and 4 labs are airtight with airlocks in and out. if something got loose unless some dumbass crashed the lab it won't get out.

the labs we had at ft detrick were damn near bomb proof.

I wonder if it would have enough warning signs to keep looters away.

Link Posted: 9/3/2005 7:54:50 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:
bl-3 and 4 labs are airtight with airlocks in and out. if something got loose unless some dumbass crashed the lab it won't get out.

the labs we had at ft detrick were damn near bomb proof.

I wonder if it would have enough warning signs to keep looters away.

assuming they could read....
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 7:57:37 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 8:14:40 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
ours literally had no signs at all. But if you did not have security access there was no way to get in, and if the power failed no way out.

So this would be more of a Resident Evil scenario?  
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 8:23:13 PM EDT
[#9]
Does Wolf work on zonbies? I got plenty of that at home.
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 6:22:28 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 6:29:51 AM EDT
[#11]
I'm thinking "The Stand" by Stephen King.

Is anyone else out there having dreams about an old black lady living in a house in a corn field, or is it just me?
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 7:13:03 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
I'm thinking "The Stand" by Stephen King.

Is anyone else out there having dreams about an old black lady living in a house in a corn field, or is it just me?

A redhead in a nightgown work?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top