Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/25/2001 3:12:37 PM EDT
Ya think that some of those anti-biotech protesters would change their mind if they got cancer?
[img]http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20010624/capt.biotech_conference_gox107.jpg[/img]

I think so. Those retards will whine that the US isn't doing anything to stave off hunger in impoverished nations, then whine when we develop new technologies to produce food more efficiently.

radioman- eating his bioengineered onion rings
Link Posted: 6/25/2001 3:20:05 PM EDT
[#1]
Young, tree hugging, college students that live off their parents tit have nothing better to do with their time.  The only time I wish I was a cop was when they were swabbing those hippies eyes with pepper spray... Man that was cool!!!!
Link Posted: 6/25/2001 3:20:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Yeah, any time we make a breakthrogh to advance the human race stupid liberals want to halt progress because of irational fears. Using nuclear engines that are safer than the SSME's we use today we could have had men on mars by 1980. except for the anti-nuke hippies. The space program is just now recovering from the damage. They're doing the same thing with biotech, and when they get bored with that then they will start to beat on nanotech. I say that we amend the constitution to require and enginering/science masters/PHD to hold elected office to bypass these wakos.

[rail]
Link Posted: 6/25/2001 3:21:14 PM EDT
[#3]
I'm going to med school in another year, and I have to say that I am sick of these environmental wackos too. Most of them have no idea what wonders genetic engineering has done for the world. None of it is dangerous at all, in terms of food to eat. Well, what can I say, I guess these people lack an education necessary to obtain a real job.

themao [chainsawkill]
Link Posted: 6/25/2001 3:30:44 PM EDT
[#4]
I've heard of these people knocking and trampling over corn that was genetically engineered.  WTF....  How stupid is that?  Hippies freakin' kill me.  Wonder if California would be having power problems if they have a few nuclear power plants there?  
Link Posted: 6/25/2001 9:58:41 PM EDT
[#5]
boo hoo.  We can't grow genetically enhanced products because it could cause damage to the gene pool in the future.  Hmmm.  I don't think a starving person would give a rat's ass about having a kid with nine toes if it meant not starving. hell in some parts of the world, it might knock the gene pool back into the works.  As I look back to my high school years in southern Illinois, I doubt highly that any Corn could hurt the gene pool in a town where "insect is best" was a popular bumper sticker!!
Gunrunnercorp.....zip zoom kaboom!  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top