Link Posted: 6/7/2017 8:33:20 PM EDT
[#1]
Do you even Geissele SD3G Bro?

But serial, Do you even?
Link Posted: 6/7/2017 8:42:09 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 6/7/2017 9:00:07 PM EDT
[#3]
Somewhat interested. but seems high price to pay to be tossed out of the range.
Link Posted: 6/7/2017 10:17:38 PM EDT
[#4]
My understanding is that the Foster is the better of the two because it is timed to the bolt the same way a full auto is. The Franklin trigger can outrun the gun.
Link Posted: 6/12/2017 7:24:47 PM EDT
[#5]
How much is the foster 500.00
Link Posted: 6/12/2017 7:28:56 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
How much is the foster 500.00
View Quote
Yep
Link Posted: 6/12/2017 7:29:51 PM EDT
[#7]
I have the Franklin Gen 2.  It was a piece of shit.  Constantly outrunning the carrier.  Not sure how the Gen 3 is.
Link Posted: 6/12/2017 7:33:41 PM EDT
[#8]
The Fostech Echo is the best IMHO.
Link Posted: 6/12/2017 7:34:36 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

But serial, Do you even?
View Quote

This right here. Trigger is stupid fast.....and I love it.
Link Posted: 6/12/2017 7:36:37 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I have the Franklin Gen 2.  It was a piece of shit.  Constantly outrunning the carrier.  Not sure how the Gen 3 is.
View Quote
Good to know 385 is a lot to throw down to find that out.  

Based on the blister pack a new spring is their fix.
Link Posted: 6/12/2017 9:34:47 PM EDT
[#11]
I guess in the grand scheme of things if they work as advertised. Considering that a nfa fa RDIAS or M16can cost over 30k 500 is not that much to get a bust type system
Link Posted: 6/12/2017 9:38:22 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote
No. It's slow.

I have one and I max out about 450rpm. 

I run about six hundred rpm with the fostech and Franklin.
Link Posted: 6/12/2017 9:39:14 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I guess in the grand scheme of things if they work as advertised. Considering that a nfa fa RDIAS or M16can cost over 30k 500 is not that much to get a bust type system
View Quote
If you shoot much ammo will cost far more than the triggers.
Link Posted: 6/12/2017 9:44:16 PM EDT
[#14]
I don't have any experience other than with a Franklin BFS3. It's about 95% reliable. Fun little range toy but I wouldn't trust my life to it. Made a fine way to say hello to the new neighbor over the weekend as he staked out his new house.
Link Posted: 6/12/2017 9:45:31 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 6/12/2017 9:52:12 PM EDT
[#16]
Fostech Echo is worth the extra cash if you are going binary
Link Posted: 6/12/2017 9:58:40 PM EDT
[#17]
I have the fostech.  
Link Posted: 6/12/2017 9:59:32 PM EDT
[#18]
Fostech. It also comes with a bolt carrier so if you factor that in, it's less than $500 for the trigger.
Link Posted: 6/12/2017 10:03:18 PM EDT
[#19]
Not having to use a custom carrier is a bonus in my mind. I primarily use the BFS3 in a PWS gun which is not possible with the Echo.
Link Posted: 6/12/2017 10:13:24 PM EDT
[#20]
I bought a BFS3 today when I picked two suppressors that came in. It was an impulse buy.  I posted this question in the BFS3 post but no response. Maybe I'll have better luck here.

How would these run on a suppressed ar in 5.56 with a Troy PDW stock. Which comes with a bcg intragrated with a buffer also has a spring.  Also a suppressed ar in 5.56 piston Adams with their light weight bcg.  It seems with the weapon suppressed it would speed up cycle rate of fire.  Which could prevent hammer riding the carrier

So what say the experienced people here.
Link Posted: 6/12/2017 10:15:06 PM EDT
[#21]
I have a few of each. I tuned the Franklin with a Red Spring and LW BCG... 98% reliable.

I shoot the Franklins the most.

For $500, the Fostech should come with a friggin COMPLETE bcg.

Either way, you get 95% of full auto experience at 1/40 of the cost.

I've kept a few of each NIB, especially the Fostechs, in case the ATF decides to hate these things in the future...

FATF, just cuz it feels good man!
Link Posted: 6/12/2017 10:19:27 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

But serial, Do you even?
View Quote
Yes, in fact, I do.  It is nowhere in the same league as an Echo.  Get both!
Link Posted: 6/13/2017 6:23:39 AM EDT
[#23]
There are a couple of threads somewhere on ARF.com that have a ton of good information.  I know jaqufrost has done a lot of work with these triggers and posted a lot of good info, IIRC.  Hopefully someone can link those for you.

From what I remember in those threads, the Fostech seems a little better out of the box.
Link Posted: 6/13/2017 7:28:43 AM EDT
[#24]
I have a binary trigger from Liberty Gun Works in Bradenton Florida.

I have shot about thousand rounds with it and it has been reliable and works as advertised.  It only cost half the price of the other double tap triggers.

Fun range toy.
Link Posted: 6/13/2017 8:31:32 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

I have shot about thousand rounds with it and it has been reliable and works as advertised.  It only cost half the price of the other double tap triggers.

Fun range toy.
View Quote
Is this trigger select fire or straight binary
Link Posted: 6/13/2017 8:35:17 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
I have a few of each. I tuned the Franklin with a Red Spring and LW BCG... 98% reliable.

I shoot the Franklins the most.

For $500, the Fostech should come with a friggin COMPLETE bcg.

Either way, you get 95% of full auto experience at 1/40 of the cost.

I've kept a few of each NIB, especially the Fostechs, in case the ATF decides to hate these things in the future...

FATF, just cuz it feels good man!
View Quote
What about the power spring that comes with the BFS3 system does it not do the same thing as the red spring or are you talking about for the red spring for the BFS2 systems
Link Posted: 6/13/2017 8:41:37 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

But serial, Do you even?

I put in a Daniel Defense Trigger Spring and got the thing to get down to 0.9lbs, feels even lighter with that flat surface...Dumped 60 round drum in 8 seconds and I wasn't even trying.
Link Posted: 6/13/2017 8:53:48 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

I put in a Daniel Defense Trigger Spring and got the thing to get down to 0.9lbs, feels even lighter with that flat surface...Dumped 60 round drum in 8 seconds and I wasn't even trying.
View Quote
So you were able to hit 460rpm...
Link Posted: 6/13/2017 8:56:32 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View Quote
I believe liberty trims a disconnector on a standard fcg so you get safe/binary.  ATF issued letters to fostech and franklin stating they would consider it a machinegun if at any point in the trigger cycle the hammer could freely follow the BCG (when the trigger is held at a stationary point in the cycle).

I don't agree with the ATF's determination, and frankly they might never try and prosecute anyone for it, but I will stick with the more legally prudent designs.
Link Posted: 6/15/2017 4:47:19 PM EDT
[#30]
Ok I bought the  BFS3 trigger system and watched and read all the pointers on what should be done to get it run without any problems. Now this is not a post to bash the Fostech Echo trigger. This is a post on this trigger I just bought and installed.

This is what it did

I put it in an SBR with a 10.5 barrel with an Adams arms xlp carbine piston system kit with the light weight bolt.  I use the BFS3 power spring that came with the kit.  Also there is a bolt spring that comes with the Adams Arms kit that I believe helps with operation of this setup by providing rearward momentum.

I followed the install directions from the video that our member here on arfcom posted. Thank you by the way. I had absolutely zero problems installing this trigger because of your video.

Got the weapon together did all the function tests and everything was perfect.

I was a little apprehensive after reading about all the things that could make the BFS3 unreliable as far as not operating 100%

Got to the range loaded up 20 mags. I figured I'd give the BFS3 a real work out. I had no idea what to expect with one of these BFS3 triggers. So I got one of my RO buddies and we went to work on this trigger.

I shot 1 mag in semi to get the gas set right for a suppressor and to test the Adams Arms gas piston kit. Piston kit ran beautifully.  Once everything was running right we went to town and wanted to see just hoe reliable this trigger really is

The suppressor I was using was a Griffin RECCE 5 MOD 3 with the BFS3 included power spring and the Adams Arms light weight bolt carrier with bolt spring.

Myself and my RO buddy whom was an ex Army Ranger also like myself are very familiar with these weapons and went to town on the BFS3.

We fire the weapon in different burst patterns and mag dumps and took a 5 minute break after 10 mags to let the weapon cool down a bit. It was smoke hot and to relight our cigars

Then we mag dumped the other 9 mags nonstop. I loaded up two mags and we did 4 round bursts on those two.

So between the two of us we emptied 22 mags

Let tell this trigger blew both of our minds at how fast it was. We counted at times 6 to 8 pieces of brass in the air at the same time. But mostly 4 to 6 remember this was our first time shooting this trigger. Reset was stupid fast and the trigger pull was smooth and light.

For what full autos cost why in the world would you pay for one of those when you could buy one of these. If all you want to do is shoot fast. I thought I'd notice having to pull the trigger. I did not notice pulling and releasing the trigger at all. It felt so natural. I will be buying another and setting it up exactly like this one.

Now for the report on misfires on shooting 22 mags. After reading everything you guys posted about how to get the best performance out of the BFS3 and following those instruction and using the Adams Arms pistion kit with their light weight bolt carrier with bolt spring that comes with Adams which adds more reward motion to the bcg.

I had absolute zero malfunctions out of the 22 mags fire and we tried to get it to malfunction by firing as fast as we could and in bursts. It just keep going.

We loved this thing. It was just amazing. We were blown away by this thing.  We had no idea that it would shoot like this. Sure you watch the videos. But let me tell you. The videos do not compare to actually shooting it yourself. Just no comparison at all. This thing is fast and if installed right and if you follow the advise of the members here. You will not have any problems with the BFS3 trigger.

To be honest I really had low expectations of these binary triggers. I just could not see spending that kind og money on one of these. But if you want a set up that will allow you to pretty much experience full auto fire at a fraction of the cost of full auto this is it. These are nothing like the bump fire stocks. These triggers are fantastic. I do not know what the gen 2 version was like but this gen 3 if installed right, well like I just posted I fired 22 30 rd mags without a single misfire, short stroke, jam nothing it work 100%
Link Posted: 6/15/2017 5:47:47 PM EDT
[#31]
I haven't gotten much range time with my BFS 3.  I had ejection issues unrelated to the BFS 3 on my range trip.  I've got a new ejector spring in it now, so hopefully it will be better with my next trip.
Link Posted: 6/15/2017 8:02:03 PM EDT
[#32]
Man I am stoked. It litterally blew me away. My buddy is getting him one.
Link Posted: 6/15/2017 8:39:32 PM EDT
[#33]
My BFS 3 in my 5.45 10.5" suppressed AR runs like a top. No tuning and running dirty 7N6.
Link Posted: 6/15/2017 10:23:41 PM EDT
[#34]
You ever had it malfunction
Link Posted: 6/15/2017 10:27:23 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
My BFS 3 in my 5.45 10.5" suppressed AR runs like a top. No tuning and running dirty 7N6.
View Quote
Have any light primer strikes with 7n6?
Are you using a wolf extra power spring ?
Link Posted: 6/19/2017 7:39:28 PM EDT
[#36]
I guess I can add my input.  I bought a BFS 3 which I received Saturday.  I installed it in a lower and threw my CMMG dedicated 22LR upper on it.

After a quick function check, walked out to my range and put 200 rounds from a remington bucket of bullets through it.  Very fun, and ran flawlessly in binary.  I did have one issue.  With the safety on single fire, it fired binary two times out of a 25 round mag.  Not the end of the world as it didn't do it the every round.  I'm going to try to recreate with 5.56 and 458 uppers and see if maybe it is just a little touchy in semi on the 22lr upper.  It function checks fine.  No big deal, but it is in one of three lowers I've submitted for SBR, so hopefully that is limited to the 22lr upper.
Link Posted: 6/19/2017 7:49:23 PM EDT
[#37]
What .22 upper do you have. I want one to run on my sbr lower. I have a .22 cal suppressor also.

Man if they made one for a SCAR 16/17 I bet they'd sell the heck out of them. I want one badly
Link Posted: 6/19/2017 9:55:25 PM EDT
[#38]
I have the CMMG Mk4LE OR upper.  It's a 1:16 barrel, and the AR gas block is just for looks with no gas tube or hole in the barrel, so you can use any 22LR.    Has a working forward assist, and it is all real AR parts except the barrel and BCG.  The only thing that doesn't work is the bolt hold open, stays open on an empty mag, but drops the bolt when the mag is released.  It wasn't cheap, but from what I read it was feeds pretty much all 22LR ammo compared to conversions and other options.  So far I haven't had an issue.  I just need to find a quick mag loader device for 22LR AR mags.

They have them for HK 9x rifles coming this month, and the ACR soon according to their website.  I might be interested in one for my MP5 after seeing/reading reviews.
Link Posted: 7/8/2017 8:38:57 AM EDT
[#39]
Let's bring this thread back to life for more input please.
Link Posted: 7/8/2017 9:43:20 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
What .22 upper do you have. I want one to run on my sbr lower. I have a .22 cal suppressor also.

Man if they made one for a SCAR 16/17 I bet they'd sell the heck out of them. I want one badly
View Quote
That would be so sweet. Wish they would.
Link Posted: 7/8/2017 9:45:52 AM EDT
[#41]
Any of these binary triggers work in a smith 15/22?
Link Posted: 7/8/2017 10:23:52 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Fun range toy.
It is straight binary.  

To me a binary trigger is not a serious weapon component.  I would never use one, even with a selector, if my life depended upon it.  I have shot several of them over time in addition to the one from Liberty Works and they are all about the same.  The bottom line is that the your first bullet will be on target and the second one will be off somewhere.

After considerable practice with one I can hit the center of the target and at best get 10 MOA for the second bullet.  It would take considerable training and practice to develop the skill to get that release bullet anywhere close to where the pull bullet is at.  It may be possible to be somewhat accurate with one but I seriously doubt most people can do it without significant  training and discipline.    You might as well stick to semi auto.  In my opinion you can be almost as fast and a lot better accuracy out of a Geissele Super Speed than you can a bi directional.

You can put out a lot of firepower with one and they are fun as hell at the range but I would never trust one for combat.  Not having a selector is no big deal for fun shooting and range use, by the way.  

One thing about the one from Liberty Works.  I have never been able to shoot it faster than it can keep up.  Very reliable.  No matter how fast I pull and release the trigger it shoots.  I can make it sound almost like a full auto.

Since you live in Central Florida if you would like to see what I am talking about then let me know and I'll let you shoot mine.  Just IM me.

Edited:  Looks like you bought one.  Hope you enjoy it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top