Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/15/2001 7:34:12 AM EDT
What do you guys think his motives were? (other than killing innocents)

I mean is this some kind of McVeigh thing, where he expects the rest of the arab world to take up the fight?

Does he or is cohorts have something else waiting for us after we strike back. (I keep thinking of an Russian-made, Iranian purchased suitcase Nuke.)

What do you think?

-CK
Link Posted: 9/15/2001 7:41:48 AM EDT
[#1]
Read the thread nearby "Jihad comes to America"

That will pretty much cover it.

Do Not think Bin Ladin is the problem.  Islam is the problem.  They perceive us the primary obstacle to World Islam.  Removal of Bin Ladin will accomplish nothing but martyr status.

This is not over, by a long shot!  Use of a WMD is almost guaranteed.
Link Posted: 9/15/2001 7:45:43 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/15/2001 8:51:54 AM EDT
[#3]
I posted this opinion in the thread that sought to pin the blame for this on the US support for Israel. bin laden wants the Taliban flavor of extremist Islam to rule the world, starting with all of Arabia. The US supports the House of Saud in Saudi Arabia, and bin laden wants them gone. The US deals with Jordan and Egypt, and bin laden wants those governments gone. He wants another Muslim empire, and we are an obstacle to that.
Link Posted: 9/15/2001 10:13:45 AM EDT
[#4]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top