Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/23/2002 3:13:15 AM EDT
Our government asked our media not to report bin Laden's words, because they might contain secret messages. I'm not afraid of secret messages, but I am afraid of government censorship, so...

Here are selections from a 2001-11-09 interview with bin Laden, who claims that the 9-11 strike was a response to attacks initiated by America:

-----------
HM: Can you justify the killing of innocent men in the light of Islamic teachings?

OBL: This is a major point in jurisprudence. In my view, if an enemy occupies a Muslim territory and uses common people as human shield, then it is permitted to attack that enemy.

America and its allies are massacring us in Palestine, Chechenya, Kashmir and Iraq. The Muslims have the right to attack America in reprisal.

The Sept 11 attacks were not targeted at women and children. The real targets were America's icons of military and economic power.

The American people should remember that they pay taxes to their government, they elect their president, their government manufactures arms and gives them to Israel and Israel uses them to massacre Palestinians. The American Congress endorses all government measures and this proves that the entire America is responsible for the atrocities perpetrated against Muslims. The entire America, because they elect the Congress.

I ask the American people to force their government to give up anti-Muslim policies. The American people had risen against their government's war in Vietnam. They must do the same today. The American people should stop the massacre of Muslims by their government.

HM: Can it be said that you are against the American government, not the American people ?

OBL: Yes! We are carrying on the mission of our Prophet, Muhammad (peace be upon him). The mission is to spread the word of God, not to indulge massacring people. We ourselves are the target of killings, destruction and atrocities. We are only defending ourselves. This is defensive Jihad. We want to defend our people and our land. That is why I say that if we don't get security, the Americans, too would not get security.

This is a simple formula that even an American child can understand. This is the formula of live and let live.

The Israeli forces occupy our land and the American troops are on our territory. We have no other option but to launch Jihad.

There are many innocent and good-hearted people in the West. American media instigates them against Muslims. However, some good-hearted people are protesting against American attacks because human nature abhors injustice. Nice and civilized are everywhere. The Jewish lobby has taken America and the West hostage.

HM: Some people say that war is no solution to any issue. Do you think that some political formula could be found to stop the present war ?

OBL: You should put this question to those who have started this war. We are only defending ourselves.
-----------

[url]http://www.dawn.com/2001/11/10/top1.htm[/url]
Link Posted: 4/23/2002 3:21:22 AM EDT
[#1]
You didn't pick the last fight but this will damned sure get you one.

Anybody remember the popcorn? I got beer.
Link Posted: 4/23/2002 11:29:15 AM EDT
[#2]
I'm not so sure anyone on AR15.com cares to think about bin Laden's argument.

Attack the man? Call him an animal? Sure, AR15.com'ers do that every day.

But address the argument that his strike was retaliation for American offsenses? ...
Link Posted: 4/23/2002 11:39:11 AM EDT
[#3]
His version of American offences are simply lies.  We did not massacre Muslims in Palestine or Chechenya or Kashmir.  The "war" in Iraq that was supposed to be so tough for us to fight their Republican Guard certainly turned into a massacre, of soldiers.  The few civilians that were killed were mixed in with their military.

We are not, and never have, subjected Muslims to "atrocities".  The troops we have stationed on Muslim soil are there with the support of the governments.  He's a liar.  And having deliberatly targeted non-combatants for paying taxes and voting, he deserves to be called a terrorist.  He deserves to be killed and have everyone in his organization and everyone who supports his organization killed.

Simple.

BTW, this is far from the first time his ridiculous words have been published.  Don't strain so hard patting yoursef on the back.
Link Posted: 4/23/2002 11:40:28 AM EDT
[#4]
But address the argument that his strike was retaliation for American offsenses? ...
View Quote

Blaze...do you think the people who lost family members due to this bearded knucklehead really give a damn what his reasons were?...what he was "retaliating" for?
Link Posted: 4/23/2002 12:09:40 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote

Blaze...do you think the people who lost family members due to this bearded knucklehead really give a damn what his reasons were?...what he was "retaliating" for?
View Quote
No, not people who lost family members. But I expect that the rest of us would be curious. I don't automatically believe it everytime a Bush tells me that someone is "evil", so I start asking questions.
Link Posted: 4/23/2002 12:16:44 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
We did not massacre Muslims in Palestine or Chechenya or Kashmir.
View Quote
Are you saying that no people were killed in those places? Are you saying Americans didn't fund the killing?
We are not, and never have, subjected Muslims to "atrocities".  The troops we have stationed on Muslim soil are there with the support of the governments.
View Quote
The governments are dictators, not elected representatives. Does our military presence in Saudi Arabia have the support of the Saudi people?
having deliberatly targeted non-combatants for paying taxes and voting, he deserves to be called a terrorist.
View Quote
And you likewise call Roosevelt and Truman "terrorists" for deliberately targetting non-combatants in Hamburg, Dresdon, Hiroshima, and Nagasaki?
Link Posted: 4/23/2002 12:23:03 PM EDT
[#7]
[size=3]Once again BOG, I'd like to reiterate my contempt for you and your beloved Bin Laden.  You are a worthless sack of shit, go fuck yourself.  You can read my posts on the other threads to understand why.  I'm only posting this to remind you everytime you look at your thread.  ASSHOLE![/size=3]

If you would like me to email some of the pictures I took at ground zero on 9/11 of the mangled corpses who were murdered in cold blood by the muslim mind, email me directly.  You need a good ass beating, little man.
Link Posted: 4/23/2002 12:44:30 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
[size=3]Once again BOG, I'd like to reiterate my contempt for you and your beloved Bin Laden.  You are a worthless sack of shit, go fuck yourself.  You can read my posts on the other threads to understand why.  I'm only posting this to remind you everytime you look at your thread.  ASSHOLE![/size=3]

If you would like me to email some of the pictures I took at ground zero on 9/11 of the mangled corpses who were murdered in cold blood by the muslim mind, email me directly.  You need a good ass beating, little man.
View Quote
war sucks, for everyone involved.

Do what it takes to work through the trauma you suffered in witnessing war firsthand.

Don't touch my ass.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top